Author Topic: Believe in GOD, but don't think Jesus was one?  (Read 9450 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Believe in GOD, but don't think Jesus was one?
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:17:35 PM »
I have a basic belief in one GOD that started the Universe eons ago. I can't accpet the basis for Christainity. Hmmm, a girl is pregnant but is still a virgin, becuase her child is really the sone of GOD.
This was done because this almighty GOD needed to do this to give mankind a shot at salvation???wtf?
That is kinda wacked , and to top it off anyone with any sense that would naturall question this tall tale, you have this fable of "doubting Thomas" that claims anyone who doesn't even doubt this tall tale for a second is more blessed than anyone who thinks it might not be true.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Believe in GOD, but don't think Jesus was one?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:57:48 PM »
It is an extraordinary story, but what story about the origin of life doesn't sound like science fiction?  The "big bang" and evolution in general are wild too.  Most religions have stories that can be considered a little fanciful. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:44:32 AM »
I agree 100% with Beach Bum's statement.  Howie, wouldn't you at least agree that clinging to the idea of the "big bang" is no less subjective than the idea of a immaculate conception/virgin birth?  It's my personal belief that the Bible is the most accurate historical account of our lives as we know it today.  There's no documentation of a "big bang".  Yet the Bible not only tells of an virgin birth in the New Testament, but it predicts such an event all throughout the old testament.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:53:18 AM »
I have a basic belief in one GOD that started the Universe eons ago. I can't accpet the basis for Christainity. Hmmm, a girl is pregnant but is still a virgin, becuase her child is really the sone of GOD.
This was done because this almighty GOD needed to do this to give mankind a shot at salvation???wtf?
That is kinda wacked , and to top it off anyone with any sense that would naturall question this tall tale, you have this fable of "doubting Thomas" that claims anyone who doesn't even doubt this tall tale for a second is more blessed than anyone who thinks it might not be true.

umm Howie i'm impressed that being a physicist you believe in God  8) 

anyhow do you know your above ramble sounds like my dad...ie you sound like a muslim!  :D

hey did you see the NASA video i posted?  please do ..i want your opinion on it....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8301005278479559011&q=nasa
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:58:43 AM »
It is an extraordinary story, but what story about the origin of life doesn't sound like science fiction?  The "big bang" and evolution in general are wild too.  Most religions have stories that can be considered a little fanciful. 

proof of the big bang

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni/uni_101bbtest3.html
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 12:23:27 AM »
proof of the big bang

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni/uni_101bbtest3.html

Well . . . . .   I read the article.  Doesn't prove “cosmic microwave background radiation” resulted in a single cell creature.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 11:36:04 AM »
Well . . . . .   I read the article.  Doesn't prove “cosmic microwave background radiation” resulted in a single cell creature.

course it dosen't..but now we dont need god to get the universe started... ;)
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 06:34:02 PM »

where did "cosmic microwave background radiation" come from again?
R

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 06:49:45 PM »

I got 100000000000000000000000 00 to 1 odds it was God

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 06:59:31 PM »

Schweeeet! ;D
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 07:37:20 PM »
 ;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 07:45:48 PM »
U seem to be hopping on both sides of the fence here, what exactly are ur beliefs?
follow the arrows

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »
Just for the record I'm not an athiest. I believe God Exsist.  I belive God is inside us and is there for us any time we need him/her.  It's part of my confindence.    I just don't believe organized religion.  I don't believe in the literal text of the Bible (or koran or anything else a man wrote) in as much it was written by God.  I believe it was written by men and with all their mistakes. (however there is plenty of good wisdom in some of these writtings)

To think that all those atoms, quantum particles, and molecules act on their own and form trillions of individual conciousnous with out God seems not likely to me.  No matter how much science tries to explain everything about our exsistance their is still too many unexplained beautiful things that happen everyday that point to God.

I know one thing for sure:  I don't have the answers.

I posted the above on another thread.  I added the stuff in the ( )

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 08:00:07 PM »
cool, thanks for the responce man  8)
follow the arrows

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 11:55:17 PM »
God does exist. He is your only path to heaven. I discovered this far too late in life but I am on the right path now. God was the only thing that stood between me and my alcohol addiction.
TEAM REPTILIAN

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 05:00:36 AM »

yanno when any explosion happens it leaves a heat signature behind. The MBR is the heat signature left behind from the big bang..

and you can ditect it from EVERY direction.

recently (well i dont remember how recently) COBE..a NASA satellite picked up non uniform areas in the radiation...a non uniform  big bang would make sence cause the universe is not uniform.
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 05:02:18 AM »
God was the only thing that stood between me and my alcohol addiction.

Gods aparently a party poop  :P
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 05:03:46 AM »
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »
From the first link:

"The cosmic microwave background is a prediction of the Big Bang. In the theory, the early universe was made up of a hot plasma of photons, electrons and baryons. The photons were constantly interacting with the plasma through Compton scattering. As the universe expanded, the cosmological redshift caused the plasma to cool until it became favorable for electrons to combine with hydrogen and helium nuclei and form atoms. . . ."

Okay, so in this theory, where does the "hot plasma of photons, electrons and baryons" in the "early universe" come from?   :)

Bast175

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 01:15:17 AM »
God doesn't care about human suffering or anyone's prayers.  Proof is everywhere.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »
God doesn't care about human suffering or anyone's prayers.  Proof is everywhere.

Why are you aware there is such a thing as "suffering?"

Is it because you realize that happiness and goodness are reality also?

DO you credit God w/happiness and goodness as well as suffering?

Also, how can you say that God doesn't care?  Is your "proof" because suffering exists?  That has nothing to do w/His caring or not.

Of course He cares about you.  And He loves you Bast :)
R

Bast175

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 08:25:07 AM »
If God is all powerful AND he cared, then he would do something about people starving in the world, and wars etc.

Secondly if God even exists, who created God?  Doesn't make logical sense.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 09:31:01 AM »

Howie, For the most part i like your posts and laugh, but, I know your a school teacher and I'm assuming in a public school system. One of the main reasons I send my son to private school (Christian) is to not be indoctrinated with Liberal beliefs. As a teacher you should also study the very same questions you ask and not draw your own conclusions.

Start by reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Stroble.

Bast175

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2006, 09:48:56 AM »
Howie, For the most part i like your posts and laugh, but, I know your a school teacher and I'm assuming in a public school system. One of the main reasons I send my son to private school (Christian) is to not be indoctrinated with Liberal beliefs. As a teacher you should also study the very same questions you ask and not draw your own conclusions.

Start by reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Stroble.

Or is it because you're afraid he'll think for himself if he hears "liberal beliefs"?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
Or is it because you're afraid he'll think for himself if he hears "liberal beliefs"?

That was spot on brother!  ;D