Author Topic: to the alcohol adicts: why dont you try disulfirame?  (Read 10930 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: to the alcohol adicts: why dont you try disulfirame?
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »
I think I know why. I can't help him with it....just support him.

Fuck him for hurting me though. I mean that.

Yeah fuck him..he's gotta stop being a little bitch.

Just keep in mind its harder to fight off help when it comes in the form of love instead of anger. (no homo)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 12:50:04 PM »

But on days off I drink...especially when dining out I like a martini or two.

Good times.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 12:53:35 PM »
the only one I ever really felt for, and she's we just got back together last night and going to try again.

when these people give me tough love its they won't give me rides when i'm drunk, they make me walk. won't associate with me while i'm drinking. kick me when i'm down and hungover and beat it into me how pathetic i'm being. it's made me cut down a lot and I truly want to stop for good. i'm gonna lose everything if I don't. for new years i'm gonna stay in with her and watch Pain & Gain and smoke a blunt while munching out on some steak n chicken stir fry
Not to be an asshole here bro,but if you really want to quit drinking,you can`t substitute one drug for another........it just doesn`t work....PERIOD.

Been there,done that.

Failed relationships were one of the biggest triggers for me to go on an insane binge,but in retrospect,I really wouldn`t want to be with anybody either if they were fucked up 24/7.......... which was usually the case for me a lot of times,and the main reason said relationships failed in the first place.

Sounds like a worn out cliche`,but one day at a time works if put into practice.

No crying about the past,no projection into the future,just live in the moment and remain steadfast in your conviction to get sober.

It only gets worse over time,never better,trust me,it`s a progressive disease of the mind moreso that the body for most people.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
You guys.....how can I be there for him without physically being around him? Is there a way?

I don't want to see him because it hurts too much. All he does is drink and acts like an idiot....and when he's sobering up he's indifferent and cruel. He has also just recently started lying to my face......that fucking hurts BUT it also pisses me off. I rarely get angry but this has done it.

So is there even a point in trying to keep this friendship/relationship going?

Is it possible he will contact me if he ever sobers up or truly cares?

I do believe in him and want to be there for him but I'm not sure how I can support him and let him know I'm supporting him. If we aren't communicating isn't that a sign we are done?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2013, 12:56:24 PM »
You guys.....how can I be there for him without physically being around him? Is there a way?

I don't want to see him because it hurts too much. All he does is drink and acts like an idiot....and when he's sobering up he's indifferent and cruel. He has also just recently started lying to my face......that fucking hurts BUT it also pisses me off. I rarely get angry but this has done it.

I do believe in him and want to be there for him but I'm not sure how I can support him and let him know I'm supporting him. If we aren't communicating isn't that a sign we are done?

First rule of thumb BS,is that the drunk or addict has to want to sober up................nothin g you or anyone can do if this first step isn`t implemented.

I`d call him,try to catch him in sober moments,and simply tell him what time it is...aka,how you feel about him,and how his drinking is negatively affecting those feelings.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
Not to be an asshole here bro,but if you really want to quit drinking,you can`t substitute one drug for another........it just doesn`t work....PERIOD.

Been there,done that.

Failed relationships were one of the biggest triggers for me to go on an insane binge,but in retrospect,I really wouldn`t want to be with anybody either if they were fucked up 24/7.......... which was usually the case for me a lot of times,and the main reason said relationships failed in the first place.

Sounds like a worn out cliche`,but one day at a time works if put into practice.

No crying about the past,no projection into the future,just live in the moment and remain steadfast in your conviction to get sober.

It only gets worse over time,never better,trust me,it`s a progressive disease of the mind moreso that the body for most people.

I smoke weed at night, every night, to relax and go to sleep. I have severe sleep apnea and insomnia and my sleep clinic doctor recommended I smoke weed if I had access. I never smoke in the day. Its a nice way to relax my body. I once quit drinking on my own for 200 days but soon after had a traumatic life experience and picked the bottle back up. Wish I never had done that i'll tell you.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2013, 12:57:34 PM »

Seems there is nothing to save at this point. You know what you need to do. Good luck.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »

Are you my girlfriend? I'm exactly like your ex. He's hardcore and Wes is right, he's gotta want it for himself, and not anyone else.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »
I smoke weed at night, every night, to relax and go to sleep. I have severe sleep apnea and insomnia and my sleep clinic doctor recommended I smoke weed if I had access. I never smoke in the day. Its a nice way to relax my body. I once quit drinking on my own for 200 days but soon after had a traumatic life experience and picked the bottle back up. Wish I never had done that i'll tell you.
I hear ya bud,but you have to be careful doing that.

I used to "quit" by smoking pot and/or doing valiums.....I was still altering my reality,and eventually would return to booze again.

These days I have a script for Valium.....5mgs. 3 X a day but usually only take one or two 5 mg, tabs when my anxiety is extremely bad........other than that,I rarely ever take one at all.

If I wanted to,I could do a shitload and get high,but my sobriety hinges on me staying alive.

Sounds like drama,but if I never stopped,I`d be long dead,long before now,no doubt in my mind about it.

Good luck!

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2013, 01:04:48 PM »
First rule of thumb BS,is that the drunk or addict has to want to sober up................nothin g you or anyone can do if this first step isn`t implemented.

I`d call him,try to catch him in sober moments,and simply tell him what time it is...aka,how you feel about him,and how his drinking is negatively affecting those feelings.

Then there isn't anything I can do.

Deep down I know he wants to...but he is embarrassed about relapsing and insists he doesn't have a problem, when he clearly fucking does.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
Thanks guys.

You can clearly tell from my posts that I want to try and hold on to this guy....but that's my heart.

Being a scientist my logic always trumps all. Logic tells me there is nothing I can do at this point, and I have to let go.

I don't want to but I have to.  :-\

If he comes to me for help I will climb mountains....but until then I need to move on and not keep in touch.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2013, 01:08:44 PM »
Thanks guys.

You can clearly tell from my posts that I want to try and hold on to this guy....but that's my heart.

Being a scientist my logic always trumps all. Logic tells me there is nothing I can do at this point, and I have to let go.

I don't want to but I have to.  :-\

If he comes to me for help I will climb mountains....but until then I need to move on and not keep in touch.

Very wise. Sucks, but you're doing the right thing.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »
Then there isn't anything I can do.

Deep down I know he wants to...but he is embarrassed about relapsing and insists he doesn't have a problem, when he clearly fucking does.
Shit,if I worried about relapses,I`d have never gotten sober.

It took me a zillion or so times to finally get it right.

Most drunks don`t like to hear this,especially if they are in denial or not yet ready to get sober,but I`d recommend AA and like I said in my previous post,you shoukld just lay your cards on the table and tell him how you feel,or not of course.

At any rate BS,good luck,I know it`s not easy putting up with an alcoholic that you care for.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »

Yeah if he doesn't think he has a problem than there is nothing to fix.

In his mind bikini is the problem; you're just no fun and losing you is not a big deal.

Better for her to move on with her life at this point and find herself a getbigger like me.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2013, 01:20:11 PM »
Yeah if he doesn't think he has a problem than there is nothing to fix.

In his mind bikini is the problem; you're just no fun and losing you is not a big deal.

Better for her to move on with her life at this point and find herself a getbigger like me.
Good points..............I defiiately agree.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
My best friend growing up became a heroin junkie.

When you see a person you love more than family going through dope sickness at 20 years old, you feel totally helpless.

I was always there for him, and put myself in harm's way to the max to help save my friend.  I couldn't understand at such a young age that the addict has to actually want to be clean. 

I had to walk away from him at one point due to the danger he was bringing on himself and everyone around him.  He stole from EVERYONE (parents, grandparents, friends, doctor's offices, etc.).  He just simply couldn't be trusted.

And no offense Wes, the only "friends" he had when he was near his lowest point were the ones doing the exact same shit as him.  You see, he had the money, and everyone else was there for the gravy train.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »
And no offense Wes, the only "friends" he had when he was near his lowest point were the ones doing the exact same shit as him.  You see, he had the money, and everyone else was there for the gravy train.

Obviously those are not real friends....just equally lost human beings.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
My best friend growing up became a heroin junkie.

When you see a person you love more than family going through dope sickness at 20 years old, you feel totally helpless.

I was always there for him, and put myself in harm's way to the max to help save my friend.  I couldn't understand at such a young age that the addict has to actually want to be clean. 

I had to walk away from him at one point due to the danger he was bringing on himself and everyone around him.  He stole from EVERYONE (parents, grandparents, friends, doctor's offices, etc.).  He just simply couldn't be trusted.

And no offense Wes, the only "friends" he had when he was near his lowest point were the ones doing the exact same shit as him.  You see, he had the money, and everyone else was there for the gravy train.
No offense take bro,but the main difference in his case was that he was a junkie.

An alcoholic will steal your wallet..............a junkie will steal your wallet and help you look for it.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
No offense take bro,but the main difference in his case was that he was a junkie.

An alcoholic will steal your wallet..............a junkie will steal your wallet and help you look for it.

Wow.

Why is that? Are they that desperate to convince you?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2013, 02:19:57 PM »
Finally a thread where shizzo can chimme in with his expertise  ;D

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »
Wow.

Why is that? Are they that desperate to convince you?

Junkies for some reason always want to play a victim. Some junkie fat bitch stole a syringe out of my stash (good thing she doesn't know what AAS is) and $5. I confront her on it on the phone (don't know where she lives) and she denies then goes to tell me she doesn't do needles (arms say otherwise) and that if she stole she wouldn't took more than $5 and took my $165 I had. They steal a little, in order to back to do it again.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »

ha! We used to say that about coke and heroin junkies vs meth junkies as well.

funny how its all relative.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »