Author Topic: I invested $3,000 in IOTA today.  (Read 24435 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: I invested $3,000 in IOTA today.
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »
;D

How much are you willing to LOSE?  For me, the number would be $60,000 for sure - but I could double that.  If I sell one of my townhouses, I can put it in a broad basket of coins, and I am confident that I can turn $100,000 into a million in 2018.  Yes, a crash/correction will come, but not for a while yet.

I would say, if you are willing to LOSE $1,000, then invest it.  If you lose, you lose.  If the money doubles, pull out your $1,000 and just intelligently play with your earnings.  At least if you lose at that point, you wouldn't be losing your capital, but rather - your interest.  I am confident that the crypto market - currently valued at $350 billion - will be worth 10x that much by 2030. $3.5 trillion is only 5% of the current world GDP.  Is it really unrealistic to think that cryptocurrencies will be worth 5% of the GDP?  I have no doubt that will happen.  My question is - will cryptocurrency be worth 50% of the GDP?  :o

That much, I would be less certain of.

Hahaha that is called chinese math.  ::)

I mean, why 5%? It's such an arbitrary number.

http://www.businessinsider.com/case-study-how-niching-down-helped-paige-nearly-double-her-number-of-clients-2011-9

In Silicon Valley, there is a funny phrase called “Chinese Math,” a derogatory term for clueless first-time entrepreneurs who estimate their market size by using examples like this:

I’m going to sell custom handbags to women in China.
There are about 1 billion people in China, so 500 million women. Let’s say 250 million adult women.
If I can sell to just 1% of them, that’s 2,500,000.
And if I can make $30 per bag, that’s $75 million.
I’m going to be rich!

Yeah…it doesn’t work that way.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 08:50:44 PM »
Matt, thanks to you I got in on some IOTA action. Just wish I knew about it sooner, like 6 months ago. But this is ok for now. Bitcoin is still going up as well!

It worked for me, so I can't complain!!

I have been posting on Facebook about IOTA for months, haha.  Each post is like "I am confident in IOTA, but haven't gotten around to buying any yet.."

And during that time, it held pretty steady at under a dollar.  Finally, late last week, I said "Enough already!  Time to buy!". And it immediately DOUBLED, then DOUBLED again, LOL.

I got in on time, but had I just invested two weeks ago, I could have put in $25,000 and had $100,000 by now.  I do intend to get $25,000 invested quickly, but I need to transfer the money fast.  That could take days, and each passing day, IOTA goes up higher and higher.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »

Hahaha that is called chinese math.  ::)

I mean, why 5%? It's such an arbitrary number.

http://www.businessinsider.com/case-study-how-niching-down-helped-paige-nearly-double-her-number-of-clients-2011-9

In Silicon Valley, there is a funny phrase called “Chinese Math,” a derogatory term for clueless first-time entrepreneurs who estimate their market size by using examples like this:

I’m going to sell custom handbags to women in China.
There are about 1 billion people in China, so 500 million women. Let’s say 250 million adult women.
If I can sell to just 1% of them, that’s 2,500,000.
And if I can make $30 per bag, that’s $75 million.
I’m going to be rich!

Yeah…it doesn’t work that way.

Huh?  How is that Chinese example bad?  If there is data backing that, such as the number of women in China who buy handbags, that could easily be accurate math.

Global Black markets are AT LEAST 10% of the world GDP.  Given that cryptocurrencies are outside of the control of centrally planned governments that are currently collapsing fiat currencies worldwide, there is going to be a massive amount of adoption in cryptocurrencies.  It is impossible for anyone to control these cryptos by their very design, so you can't get shit happening like bailouts of failing Banks, and the use of these dollars to fund illegal wars like the one in Iraq, and the one that Zionist Jews wanted in Iran, but failed at getting.

Etc.

As people's confidence in world governments fail, and as Whites get tired of funding their own displacement, more and more of them will buy cryptocoins, and they will continue to increase.  The reality is, cryptocurrencies by their very design are outside of government control.  As people realize how much more efficient they are than dollars, and that they can skirt paying their taxes, more people will use them.  Governments won't be able to do shit, and encrypted coins will grow massively.

To say cryptos will be 5% of the global GDP in 10-20 years is a massive underestimate IMO.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »
It worked for me, so I can't complain!!

I have been posting on Facebook about IOTA for months, haha.  Each post is like "I am confident in IOTA, but haven't gotten around to buying any yet.."

And during that time, it held pretty steady at under a dollar.  Finally, late last week, I said "Enough already!  Time to buy!". And it immediately DOUBLED, then DOUBLED again, LOL.

I got in on time, but had I just invested two weeks ago, I could have put in $25,000 and had $100,000 by now.  I do intend to get $25,000 invested quickly, but I need to transfer the money fast.  That could take days, and each passing day, IOTA goes up higher and higher.
Yes, that is the problem. Getting the money there before it blows up.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
Matt I predict will probably become GetBig's first Multi-Billionaire.

Sadly he will spend it all on child support after he knocks up every single unemployed twenty-something mom in the Greater Thunder Bay region
"

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »

Sadly he will spend it all on child support after he knocks up every single unemployed twenty-something mom in the Greater Thunder Bay region
World needs a lot more white people. Go for it Matt. Use crypto currencies to repopulate the world with white people!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 09:54:32 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man.  I know you post that as a joke, and that's why I laughed.  It's up in the air whether or not I will have another baby with the second mother, who I just had my third child with.

But it turns out she has a PSW friend who is 25 and has had bad luck with decent men.  So she just wants to have a baby now while she is still young.  She asked the mother of my baby if she could have one with me, and she was cool with it.  That way their kids would be siblings, and it would increase the bond they have as friends or whatever.  There would also be mutual babysitting opportunities, stuff like that.

Incidentally, the way I am reproducing and much more closely related to the way that human males reproduced historically - 1 out of 2 men would have 0 children.  The other 1 out of 2 would have 2 children.

So half the males repopulated the planet.  The genes of the unsuccessful males died off.

The difference today is that anyone can employ the historical standard - literally the dumbest people are having the most children, and we have reverse eugenics going on - dysgenics - where the dumbest people reproduce themselves.

With an IQ of 130, a university degree, good metabolism, good level of fitness, etc, the way I see it - why shouldn't I have a lot of kids?  And I love being a dad.  Yes, this past year, I spent less time with them than ever - but I also made more money than ever before.

Like I said, it's a trade-off.

The problem is, one more mom right away is another $1,000+ in child support right away.  I would have $4,000 a month cash JUST going to the moms of my children + their RESPs.  That wouldn't even include what I spend on them.  And so I would have to have cocombined t $100,000 years while still not getting far ahead.  After taxes and payments to the moms, I would be screwed.

Also, while the baby's mom lives FIVE HOUSES away from me, this new mom is from Fort William, whereas I live in Port Arthur.  They used to be two separate cities, but they were combined in 1969 [I believe].  So that would be a long drive to see the new baby.  So that part sucks.  The mother of my first two lives about five minutes driving from me - 2.5 minutes if I drive a week bit past the speed limit.  The five minute figure is a nice leisurely drive down the slow way, for a nice slow ride.

Love my kids and love my life, but I would need to make $300,000 on Bitcoin and other coins in 2018.  If I do so, I will have two more kids ASAP.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 10:33:52 PM »
Here is why IOTA is awesome. It offers much more than Bitcoin. Zero transaction fees for a start, faster transactions, and no need to rewrite code for different platforms to accommodate it - as is required for Bitcoin.

I do think this thing is going to take off!

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@nateq/better-than-bitcoin-or-terrible-flop

IOTA is free to transact!

IOTA is the very first Cryptocurrency with 100% FREE transaction fees.

How can it be free to transact, you might ask?

IOTA transactions are fundamentally verified differently. While BitCoin is verified through the snail mail Block Chain involving other people graciously lending processing power and electricity, IOTA is verified when you actually make transactions yourself through the processing power of the Tangle. When you transact IOTA, your processing power gets used by the Tangle and you verify 2 transactions behind you. So for every one transaction you make, two behind you are verified with YOUR processing power and electricity. (Brilliant.)

This is fundamentally awesome. Each user personally pays the cost and processing power for other transactions, making it free to use and cutting all middle man costs. The data needed to make this happen securely is much smaller than through BTC, making it faster and more lightweight.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 11:40:17 PM »
What's scary is to see people bragging about crypto gains on a bodybuilding board. Didn't there used to be a gold seller on here at one time? Haha.

EDIT:

Name:    24KT
Position:    Getbig V
Date Registered:    August 08, 2004, 07:20:56 PM
Last Active:    April 27, 2015, 11:35:03 PM

Where did this poster go?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2017, 11:43:46 PM »
What's scary is to see people bragging about crypto gains on a bodybuilding board.

some people really r foolish, needy attention whores, lol

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2017, 11:46:39 PM »
btw, Matt.... way to go, making white people like that... keep it up.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 02:53:20 AM »
On Friday, I gave a friend $1,000 to get me some IOTA - knowing it would go to up, I told him I would give him 10% for his time, since I had plans to be with the kids this weekend.

IOTA then slowly started to rise...it was $1.20 on Friday, going up to $1.45 by the time of the Overeem fight yesterday.  Then Sunday morning it hit $1.78.  I was very upset that my friend happened to get sick, so he hadn't invested my $1,000 yet.

So I texted another friend who had previously bought IOTA and e-transfered him $3,000 just now.

I do expect IOTA to hit $7 or more.  It could even hit $40.  I hope I can figure out how to buy some myself.  If so, I would like to invest $10,000 or more.

Last year, $14,000 in ETHEREUM is now worth $1 million.  So I am confident about IOTA.  I do think an investment of $10,000 will hit $250,000 or more.

should have bought cannabis stock a while back, something like aurora. would have done well.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2017, 05:53:20 AM »
Matt

Beware staying in IOTA whilst BTC is so strong - I hope your buddy can move your funds around a little. 

IOTA is something that they might hit if BTC goes a bit dull, it's very bad to be in IOTA whilst BTC is smashing up so hard.

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »
Matt,

How would I go about investing in IOTA as a Canadian? Any other suggestions for small investments?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
Matt

Beware staying in IOTA whilst BTC is so strong - I hope your buddy can move your funds around a little.  

IOTA is something that they might hit if BTC goes a bit dull, it's very bad to be in IOTA whilst BTC is smashing up so hard.
I had BTC left over which I traded in for more IOTA this morning when it was down at the bottom. Since then IOTA has gone up again. Matt should hold on to his IOTA if he got it for a good price - around $3 or under. You never know when the BTC gravy train is going to pull back and remember you are now buying BTC at 17,000+. If it goes to $20,000 that is a 17% gain. If IOTA goes from $4 to 7 or 8 you are looking at a much bigger gain. IOTA is being held back at the moment because it is hard for people to buy it. Bitcoin can be bought anywhere. Bitcoin was once where IOTA was. I would stay put and remember Mark Cuban's advice - go in with the assumption that you have already lost your money.

Right now I have made about $2000 profit since buying IOTA and a few other currencies the past two weeks. I keep track of all my purchases and coin portfolio in a spreadsheet so I know I am not pissing away money - yet lol! My profit could have been $10,000 or more as we speak if I had bought different coins but you gotta look at this long term and greed will fuck you up!

People should really be snapping up all these currencies when they are cents on the dollar and just sit on them.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »
Matt,

How would I go about investing in IOTA as a Canadian? Any other suggestions for small investments?
Get a Coinbase account. Buy ETH, BTC or LTC with it directly from your checking account or a credit card. Credit card purchase amount limits are less than checking so for bigger purchases you'll want to buy with cash directly from your checking account.

The coins will take a few days to arrive in your Coinbase account. So the longer you wait the longer it is going to take.

Get a Binance account. Once you have ETH / BTC / LTC on Coinbase you can request a deposit from your Binance account. An ETH / BTC / LTC address will be created on Binance (depends which coin deposit you are requesting). You then go on Coinbase and choose to send ETH / BTC / LTC to an address and paste the one you got from Binance. A SMS will be sent from Coinbase to your cell phone with a code which you need to provide on Coinbase.

Once this is done the coins are on their way to Binance.

Ethereum (ETH) and Litecoin (LTC) transactions go through faster than Bitcoin (BTC). So in a few minutes or 1 hour in Bitcoin's case you'll have the coins on Binance in your account. From there you go to the Exchange on Binance and there you can sell BTC and ETH for IOTA.

Sometimes your order will not go through if your buy price is too low and nobody accepts it (software controls all this). The order will just stay open and unfilled. You can then cancel the order and try to buy again. The order will be cancelled immediately. This should not happen very often though. Most of the times you order will go through immediately. You can buy at Market Price for a guaranteed purchase but will pay more. Don't do that unless desperate!

This is the way to convert ETH or BTC to IOTA. You cannot convert LTC directly to IOTA on the Exchange. You first want to sell your LTC for BTC. Then you can sell the BTC to get IOTA. You can however sell ETH for IOTA on the Exchange.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2017, 03:32:35 PM »
Shapeshift is a great, cheap way to shift ETH or BTC to another currency. No account required. Works great so far for me.

https://shapeshift.io/#/coins

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »

Hey Obsidian,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this out for me. I'm registering now. I don't have a lot of funds to play with - only around $1000 CAD - but figure it couldn't hurt to try.

Merry Christmas by the way.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2017, 06:14:06 PM »
Hey Obsidian,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this out for me. I'm registering now. I don't have a lot of funds to play with - only around $1000 CAD - but figure it couldn't hurt to try.

Merry Christmas by the way.
No problem buddy. Good luck and Merry Xmas!

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »
If you buy IOTA where are you keeping it. In an account on Binance or in a hardware wallet?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »
If you buy IOTA where are you keeping it. In an account on Binance or in a hardware wallet?

Never keep your crypto in an exchange wallet.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 06:34:55 PM »
Right now there are not any great IOTA wallets available. I have mine still on Binance. Hopefully a good option becomes available. I use Google Auth with my Binance account for extra security. Just a password is not good enough.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 06:37:37 PM »
Never keep your crypto in an exchange wallet.
Good advice Wiggs! But with IOTA be careful.

https://forum.iota.org/t/help-iota-disappeared/4298/53

"For technical noobs it’s just too early, they should store the iotas on exchanges. The experiencend users should store them in the wallet."

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 06:38:28 PM »
IOTA back at 5! Let's go, I wanna see 100 and beyond!!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 07:16:46 PM »
Lots of questions here -

I used CoinSquare.io to acquire the IOTA.  I am just looking to hold the coins from now on, and get more ASAP.  They are already more than double what they cost when I picked them up.