Author Topic: I invested $3,000 in IOTA today.  (Read 24438 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: I invested $3,000 in IOTA today.
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 08:11:25 PM »
Anybody know how to use the paper wallet?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 11:27:27 PM »
I have been posting about Bitcoin since January of 2016, and I am bombarded, on a daily basis, with questions about it.

Up until IOTA, I only ever got involved with Bitcoin and Ethereum - and I called them right.  Now I am calling IOTA, and I invested at $2.40.  Early today, IOTA was just under $5.  I had $5,000 invested, but it should be worth over $10,000 now.

I want to learn the other coins, but it takes time.  I cannot possibly respond to all the questions about Bitcoin and IOTA, on both Facebook and Getbig.

I feel horrible for not getting to some peoples questions.  My friend wanted to buy Bitcoin at $9,700 CAD.  They are now $20,700 CAD!

I hope no one on here relies on me to answer questions on Bitcoin, Ethereum, or any Alt Coins.  Unfortunately, with three kids, and a bunch of coin management of my own, I just do not have the time. :(

My advice is to get an account with Bitfinex asap, for non US Getbiggers at least, as I am not sure if it is available in the USA.  Beyond that, I would recommend monitoring trends on www.CoinMarketCap.com.  Hard to say what else to do...watch lot of YouTube videos, and I would recommend investing in IOTA, since it will go way, way up IMO.  Bitcoin may yet reach $50,0000 or $100,000 before the crash...I do think a correction is needed, but it is hard to say when that will be.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 09:54:38 AM »
what do you think if Litecoin, matt?

E
E

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »
what do you think if Litecoin, matt?

E

It is #6 by market cap at $7.3 billion, and had a mini-crash yesterday - it went down 7%.  It costs $135 to buy a unit, so I would recommend getting in on something that has a smaller market cap and smaller unit price, that has the potential to go up 10x or even 40x.  Hence my interest in Ethereum.

Remember Earl - we are only on the crest of something HUGE here with these coins.  "Normies" have not yet invested in these coins, so there is lots of time before the massive inevitable crash.  Anyone with $10,000 can turn that into $50,000+ easily.  Consider that I invested $5,000 to over $10,000 just in the past five days with IOTA.  I would have invested more, but I could only transfer and buy so much at a time.  I will be buying another $5,000 ASAP.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2017, 02:42:32 AM »
I think that would be the wrong decision.

The hope for IOTA is already priced in.  Yes, it may go further, but you would face some testing times in the future if you buy in NOW - it has been static for quite some time.  It needs some news to come through to pump it again.  If I were you, I would take possession of your IOTA and take the profit and get 5k of BTC and do whatever you like with the other 5k.  The trend with iota is roughly resembling a wave oscillating with decreasing amplitude.  Generally, when that happens, it will get to the flat and the either go up or down and that, my friend, is a straight up gamble.

Take the money.  Lock it into BTC.  You want some stake in the coin that has the public's attention and right now, your normies are starting to get involved.

(And no, that doesn't mean when you ignore me and put 5k in and it DOES go up, you're right ;D.. it's still a gamble)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2017, 02:56:28 AM »
Oh

And move your holdings across multiple wallets and sites

OR get a hardware wallet.

Don't be a chump with all your money on one exchange.  Hacks have happened and will again.

I mean.. the very exchange you're talking about was pwned.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
It is #6 by market cap at $7.3 billion, and had a mini-crash yesterday - it went down 7%.  It costs $135 to buy a unit, so I would recommend getting in on something that has a smaller market cap and smaller unit price, that has the potential to go up 10x or even 40x.  Hence my interest in Ethereum.

Remember Earl - we are only on the crest of something HUGE here with these coins.  "Normies" have not yet invested in these coins, so there is lots of time before the massive inevitable crash.  Anyone with $10,000 can turn that into $50,000+ easily.  Consider that I invested $5,000 to over $10,000 just in the past five days with IOTA.  I would have invested more, but I could only transfer and buy so much at a time.  I will be buying another $5,000 ASAP.
Did you buy more IOTA? Seems like it was a pump and dump done by the Koreans. There are some issues with IOTA that needs to be resolved. I got excited about it initially when the price was going up but now uncertain after reading up more about it. Ripple has gone up nicely and so has Ethereum and Litecoin.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/iota-clarifies-misleading-microsoft-quote-no-official-partnership

- The developers have written their own hash, which is a big no no when it comes to kryptos

- There is no decentralized product

- The tangle technology isn't new and the big problem with it is to get it decentralized

- Poor wallet

- 6h+ Transactions Time

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2017, 12:32:21 AM »
Did you buy more IOTA? Seems like it was a pump and dump done by the Koreans. There are some issues with IOTA that needs to be resolved. I got excited about it initially when the price was going up but now uncertain after reading up more about it. Ripple has gone up nicely and so has Ethereum and Litecoin.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/iota-clarifies-misleading-microsoft-quote-no-official-partnership

- The developers have written their own hash, which is a big no no when it comes to kryptos

- There is no decentralized product

- The tangle technology isn't new and the big problem with it is to get it decentralized

- Poor wallet

- 6h+ Transactions Time

My investment has doubled.  Can I cash out now and move on to another coin?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2017, 01:48:08 AM »

Yes, of course.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2017, 01:55:18 AM »
My analysis

Current state.

Analysis like this only works when there is stagnancy, though.  If there is news, this formation would be disturbed.

(I'm no cryptocurrency expert - I just traded forex for about 6 months and that is a fairly common pattern to spot).

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2017, 02:06:31 AM »
My analysis

Current state.

Analysis like this only works when there is stagnancy, though.  If there is news, this formation would be disturbed.

(I'm no cryptocurrency expert - I just traded forex for about 6 months and that is a fairly common pattern to spot).

Ok, I'm done.  Cashing out asap.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2017, 02:19:25 AM »
IOTA back at 5! Let's go, I wanna see 100 and beyond!!

haha! not going to happen. predicting a high of $20 at the end of 2018 at most. am just going to HODL until then.

for the rest, invest only what you can afford to lose. do not try to be a superhero when it comes to cryptos. dont be that fool thats getting a second mortgage on his house to buy some Bitcoin.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2017, 02:34:38 AM »
Sure. I am holding on to mine - price is still higher than what I paid for it. If it goes below what I paid I will also not sell. Like Mark Cuban said, you have to go in as if you have already lost the money. Panic selling is not a good idea. That's how a lot of guys lost their Bitcoin only to regret it later.

I did snap up some Ripple as I can see the price is going up. I also have some Ethereum so my profits are still pretty good.

Here's a forum discussing IOTA. They are working with Microsoft and a few other companies. Once they come out with a good wallet and start trading on more exchanges the currency will increase in value. The also need more nodes apparently to handle transactions. We'll see how it goes. Ripple has been very impressive the past two days!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.12960

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2017, 02:36:01 AM »
haha! not going to happen. predicting a high of $20 at the end of 2018 at most. am just going to HODL until then.

for the rest, invest only what you can afford to lose. do not try to be a superhero when it comes to cryptos. dont be that fool thats getting a second mortgage on his house to buy some Bitcoin.
Yes we'll see. Look what just happened to LTC. A few weeks ago it was at $70 and now look!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2017, 02:09:01 AM »
Panic selling is not a good idea.

What you're describing is not panic selling.

Panic selling is more the process of seeing a bad candle/bad dive and jumping out, taking a huge loss.  Being a contributor to a runaway train effect that causes a huge decrease in price.

It isn't panic selling to acknowledge that the currency is showing no signs of recovering where you would like, after days/weeks  and that clearly, you bought at the wrong time. 

Pulling out is a challenge.  Holding is easy.  Anybody can hold on, hoping that they were not wrong. 

If there were no chumps piling in at the wrong time, there wouldn't be so much money in trading.   I foolishly jumped in on POWR late into the game and lost a decent chunk (although it should be said that for a brief moment, mere hours later, I was a good 20% up ::)). That money would still be doing nothing, like 2-3 weeks later if I held.  Instead, it has been replenished because I did the right thing and got out, resolving not to buy into an already priced in move.  Mark Cuban is not talking about taking a 20% haircut and refusing to admit that it's the case, whilst BTC and a ton of other currencies have gone up over 20% during that time.

This is just an opinion, of course - but POWR was a lot like IOTA in that it came in, soared and then got dumped. 

You didn't buy IOTA to wait weeks to get your money back.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2017, 02:54:00 AM »
hey rocket, Powr is invested in by the AU Govt and AU universities. we an energy country and they plan to use it in the energy sector. this might also mean international payments for resources.

today's carnage is just the dump after the pump. frankly im surprised at how well prices are holding up. plenty are in now to hold for fhe real gains.

i still see ETH over 10k next year.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2017, 05:08:26 PM »
hey rocket, Powr is invested in by the AU Govt and AU universities. we an energy country and they plan to use it in the energy sector. this might also mean international payments for resources.

today's carnage is just the dump after the pump. frankly im surprised at how well prices are holding up. plenty are in now to hold for fhe real gains.

Bitcoin probably needs to die to push ETH up.  It really should happen, but yeah, not holding my breath.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »

I agree on ETH being over 10k next year.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »
eth will be over 10 dollars next year
no doubt

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »

You didn't buy IOTA to wait weeks to get your money back.
Sure I did! Remember how long it took the patient Bitcoin holders before they got their money back? I am not looking to make a quick buck here. I really think this coin is going up a lot more. Right now it is back over $5. I ignored all the FUD on the forums and blogs - they were trying to bring down the price so they could buy in low.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »
IOTA Blockchain Solutions Recognized by the Deutsche Bank
http://ethereumworldnews.com/iota-blockchain-solutions-recognized-deutsche-bank/

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
IOTA Blockchain Solutions Recognized by the Deutsche Bank
http://ethereumworldnews.com/iota-blockchain-solutions-recognized-deutsche-bank/

Meanwhile the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance has grown from 30 major global banks to 89 major global banks in 2 months.

It is unwise to bet against JPM. They always wind up winning. JPM are joint owners in ZCASH so that is a wise bet to.