Author Topic: Could Jay Cutler have beat Dorian Yates?  (Read 113993 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Could Cutler beat Dorian.
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 08:10:54 AM »
I admit its not fantastic business sense.  But its ethical and it could well be that he's more interested in being with is family and doing things like that then busting himself day in day out to push units.

Not everybody wants to be like muscletech.

Besides, his product is mostly marketed on quality, rather than brutes lying about being 1200% more efficient on creatine, sugar and water mixes.

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2005, 08:11:11 AM »
in person at an event, anyone who meets him is going to be a real fan (attending a BBing show) who understands that the gear does most of the work, and will prob try his product just to get to visit his stand and have a pic taken.

But 99% of that product is going to be sold at GNC and Vitamin Worlds across the USA to ppl who haven't seen getbig or met him in person and still believe he looks like he did in 93, the image they'll likely have on the package and marketing materials.

Very true,i stand corrected. ;D
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Lodz

• Getbig III
  • Consulting with Management
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2005, 08:16:26 AM »
In Dorian best shape and size he weighed approx 267 pounds and i doubt Cutler was 20 pounds heavier.

Agreed.  And it's patently absurd to say an in-shape Dorian wouldn't place in the top 6 today.  In his day, the top 6 was more competitive than it's been in several years.  Other than Jay, Ronnie and Dex, who today could consistently beat Shawn, Flex, Kevin, Nasser and Dillett at their respective bests?

-Prof. Lodz

deviant

• Getbig IV
  • C.U.N.T
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2005, 08:18:10 AM »
When you invest vast amounts of money in a product supplements image is eveything Dorian should resemble a powerfull bodybuilder if he can not do this for personel reasons or medical he should sign a Pro to help market them.

Actually in this case image is not everything, Dorian Yates Approved trades on his achievements as a bodybuilder..... in case you've forgotten he won it six times..... what exactly would be the point in signing some no mark pro who hasnt won an Olympia to market this product?
Why would a former MrO sign any other pro apart from himself to market his product?.....that would seem like a step down dont you think?

All over this supplement range it says Dorian Yates 6 times Mr Olympia and has a photo of him in his prime......i think its marketed just fine.

(i bet you're one of those fellows who'd want to see a bloated 300lb Kamali on the label instead?)
C.U.N.T

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2005, 08:29:58 AM »
Ditto, Yates has achieved so much in BB, it would be idiocy not to use himself to promote his product, regardless of how he looks today. Btw he looks old, not out of shape..

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2005, 08:35:52 AM »
Actually in this case image is not everything, Dorian Yates Approved trades on his achievements as a bodybuilder..... in case you've forgotten he won it six times..... what exactly would be the point in signing some no mark pro who hasnt won an Olympia to market this product?
Why would a former MrO sign any other pro apart from himself to market his product?.....that would seem like a step down dont you think?

All over this supplement range it says Dorian Yates 6 times Mr Olympia and has a photo of him in his prime......i think its marketed just fine.

(i bet you're one of those fellows who'd want to see a bloated 300lb Kamali on the label instead?)
No i see 240s point and accept that Dorian is conducting his supplement buisness wisely i just jumped the gun when i saw that piture of Dorian gaunt and very small by his standards, but 240 brought up the point that probaly 1% have or will see that piture and the legacy of multiple MrOs will be a very strong selling point i was looking at it with tunnel vision.As i said before i stand corrected.
As far as King Cow Kamali on the label absoloutly not,i have a feeling Kamali will be working for Mc Donalds and living in his mothers basement when Barbera gives him the flick.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
One word.. GRAINY.

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2005, 10:32:55 AM »
Dorian wins

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2005, 10:37:50 AM »
You would think that a multiple MrO would stay in shape(BIG)especially if his trying to sell his own supplement line.

He's in shape, just not roided to the max.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 11:09:16 AM »
As far as I know Dorian Yates approved does sponser athletes (Andy Bolton is 1) and Cutler comes nowhere close to Yates

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2005, 02:45:22 PM »
jay.. would beat him soundly.. no contest
jay has heem beat on every bodypart except back....
better abs..better arms..delts better chest...
and also much fuller looking...
no contest
choice is an illusion

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2005, 03:42:42 PM »
As far as I know Dorian Yates approved does sponser athletes (Andy Bolton is 1) and Cutler comes nowhere close to Yates

He sponsors a boxer in England named Ricky Hatton....If you havent heard of him you will soon because he is gonna fight some big fights here in the states soon, I think he is a welterweight...Dude is a little menace in the ring...

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2005, 04:04:08 PM »
I think Jay could beat Dorian. Jay is 5'9 and weighs 275lb on stage. Thats 2 inches shorter than Dorian and 20lbs heavier.

Jay cutler is a better version of Nasser with a MUCH better back. We all know that Nasser gave Dorian a run for his money in 95, 96, and 97.

Bro , Nasser in his prime was a match for anyone ,you make it seem like Diesel had no comp, when in fact the years he was king ,he had way more comp. than R.C. Cutler couldn't touch Dorian , maybe size-wise but definitely not condition-wise & I'm talking Dorian's pre-injury physique.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2005, 04:10:03 PM »
is that so LLES
ok condition appart...
aside from back name me a bodypart dorian has better than jay...
tsk...
some people believe the hype waaay too much..
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2005, 04:12:48 PM »
is that so LLES
ok condition appart...
tsk...
choice is an illusion

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005, 04:13:08 PM »
He sponsors a boxer in England named Ricky Hatton....If you havent heard of him you will soon because he is gonna fight some big fights here in the states soon, I think he is a welterweight...Dude is a little menace in the ring...

Little manace in the ring eh?  Like Dennis the Menace?  He looks like he's 12 years old.

E
E

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2005, 04:45:18 PM »
most definately

240 or bust

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 06:26:15 PM »
If Dorian and Cutler competed in the same ERA, they'd have similar size and Dorian would just have better conditioning.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »
Just so everyone knows, THIS is the pic of Fux that keeps getting passed off (incorrectly) as a Dorian pic:

Flower Boy Ran Away

bbfan1

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 08:07:24 PM »
Just so everyone knows, THIS is the pic of Fux that keeps getting passed off (incorrectly) as a Dorian pic:

Thank you.  I was going to point that out myself.

This picture IS Dorian:

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2005, 08:36:23 PM »
i think it wouldnt even be close if jay and dorian competed.

to this day, even ronnie in 2k3, no one has matched yates conditioning with his mass and desnity.  he is the hardest and most dense bb EVER.  ronnie is bigger but his conditioning ain the same when he won the O in 98.

yates got bigger but was still in the same shape ever year. 

dorian dominated the sport when the competition was at the greatest its ever been.  you had shawn, flex, kevin, nasser, dillet all in their prime.  i like jay, but with that foursome, i dont know if jay could even beat them, let alone yates.

jay is big and in good conditioning.  but he doesnt even come close to yates.  please.

for the guys who've been following the sport for only a couple of years, it may appear that jay could beat dorian, but for those of us who've been following it since yates was the man, we know better.  you havent read the reports or heard other competitors (who could easily beat jay) say how dominate dorian was.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

bbfan1

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2005, 08:38:13 PM »
Ronnie in 2K3 ;)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2005, 09:06:51 PM »
is that so LLES
ok condition appart...
tsk...

calves, foreams, triceps and hamstrings to name a few...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2005, 09:28:29 PM »
to this day, even ronnie in 2k3, no one has matched yates conditioning with his mass and desnity. 

I disagree - Ronnie at the 2001 Arnold was in better condition (striations everywhere) with just as much mass- but his shape was lightyears ahead of Dorians:

The fact is, that dorian, even at his best, had a super wide waist:

Please note that this is NOT an attempt to start another 550 post Ronnie versus Dorian thread!  :) It is just an attempt to present the facts! - Dorian's mass with density HAS been equalled, if not surpassed.

But regardless, I still think Dorian would destroy Jay - Dorian has a way better back, about equal arms, better calves, abs, chest etc.  Dorian's lat spreads and back shots alone would win him enough points over Jay to take him.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2005, 01:49:14 AM »

Please note that this is NOT an attempt to start another 550 post Ronnie versus Dorian thread!  :) It is just an attempt to present the facts! - Dorian's mass with density HAS been equalled, if not surpassed.

But regardless, I still think Dorian would destroy Jay - Dorian has a way better back, about equal arms, better calves, abs, chest etc.  Dorian's lat spreads and back shots alone would win him enough points over Jay to take him.
I agree totally with Hulksters reasoning Cutler would lose Convincling to Dorian.
BOBB SAPP KILLS