Author Topic: Why should we stay in Iraq?  (Read 10732 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Why should we stay in Iraq?
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2007, 05:14:25 PM »

The Saudi's are full of shit, all they care about is money.  They'll insulate themselves from the insanity as best they can and turn a blind eye like they always do.  Don't hold your breath if you expect them to save the day..

The Saudi's may be stinkin Rich, but they in a precarious position.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
Whatever price the market will bare until it can't bare it no more pumkin...

Aw shucks, ...you called me pumkin. {blush}

But how do we know when that is?  I remember when gas hit 70 ¢ /litre up here. People were flipping out.

Then it rose to up to $1/litre. Then when various unnamed elites manipulated things right before the US mid terms, by shorting oil futures (while the average joe was going long) the prices at the pumps went down to 80¢ / litre, and people had smiles on their faces that gas was cheap again.  ::) HELLO!!!! The lights are on, ...but is anyone home?

The manipulation is going to continue and continue and continue til pretty soon the price at the pump will DROP to $10/gallon, ...and people will be cheering and singing "Happy Days are here again..."
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »

The Saudi's are full of shit, all they care about is money.  They'll insulate themselves from the insanity as best they can and turn a blind eye like they always do.  Don't hold your breath if you expect them to save the day..

Who said anything about the Saudi's saving the day? I think it would only make things worse.
It was Saudi money to begin with that started this whole 911 mess IMO. Valerie Plame was well positioned to glean insights into the speculation that Saudi oil production had reached it's peak, ...but since her cover was blown in so treasonous a manner, she was not able to confirm it.
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
At well before $10 gal, somethings gonna give, in a BIg way. Like mushroom clouds.
$10gal will not work. There will be a lot of blood spilled.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2007, 05:33:37 PM »
The Saudi's may be stinkin Rich, but they in a precarious position.

They stand to lose alot if US interests don't go the way they want them to,
...however the US stands to lose a lot more.

ie: Me & Bill Gates both invest $5 million dollars. The investment tanks.
Bill Gates goes on, ...annoyed at the propect of losing money,
...I on the other hand am devastatingly wiped out

If the Saudi's pulled their money out of the USA... it would be the grapes of wrath20

Then too, ...i wonder what would happen if and when the Chinese start calling in the USA's debt.
You know.. all the debt the USA is incurring to China to underwrite this quagmire.

In certain third world countries, their debts are forgiven contingent upon the debtor nation adhereing to a policy that thwarts it's own growth ie: refusal to educate their citizens. Generation after generation growing up illiterate and in poverty. A vicious cycle that just repeats. You don't suppose the same thing could happen in America do you?  :o  The Chinese dictating US domestic policy. Nah... that's too far fetched... as far fetched as speculating that those charged with defending the US Constitution might actually trample it underfoot. It could never happen... could it?
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2007, 05:38:10 PM »
The chineeze would be slitting they own throats if they suddenly up and bailed out of US Dollar position.
They behind the 8 ball. They holding too many, Start to dump them, and they kill their own value.

Naaa... Everything on the planet is, and will stay valuated in Benjamin's for a long time.

They simply be worth less and less...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
At well before $10 gal, somethings gonna give, in a BIg way. Like mushroom clouds.
$10gal will not work. There will be a lot of blood spilled.

I wonder about that. If such a thing were to happen, I wonder who'd actually do it... not just be blamed
I know there is one nuclear power that has gone on record as saying that if they go,
...they are taking everyone with them, ...and no they are not muslim.

I think $10/gallon would work, everything else would rise accordingly, but the $10/gallon figure would have to be implemented at a snail's pace, kind of like cooking a frog, 1 small little degree at a time, ...but only provided the oil continued to flow.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2007, 05:48:23 PM »
The chineeze would be slitting they own throats if they suddenly up and bailed out of US Dollar position.
They behind the 8 ball. They holding too many, Start to dump them, and they kill their own value.

Naaa... Everything on the planet is, and will stay valuated in Benjamin's for a long time.

The invasion took care of that, ...considering Saddam wanted to sell his oil in Euros. But you know, ...if the US did leave Iraq, and someone else took over, ...peace was finally restored to the region, ...what's to stop him from selling his oil in Euro's?

They simply be worth less and less...

Well they can't get much lower... I went to the bank on Friday before checking my mailbox. I cashed a US dollar cheque,  the exchange rate had to be seen to be believed :'( When I got home I went to the mailbox, and found another US$ cheque, I still haven't run to deposit it. It's getting to the point now, where instead of depositing US$ cheques into my US$ bank account and letting the funds sit there. As soon as I deposit it, I transfer the whole thing into Cdn funds, and let it sit in the Cdn dollar account instead. The depreciation of your dollar is killing me.
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2007, 07:06:59 PM »
The invasion took care of that, ...considering Saddam wanted to sell his oil in Euros. But you know, ...if the US did leave Iraq, and someone else took over, ...peace was finally restored to the region, ...what's to stop him from selling his oil in Euro's?

Well they can't get much lower... I went to the bank on Friday before checking my mailbox. I cashed a US dollar cheque,  the exchange rate had to be seen to be believed :'( When I got home I went to the mailbox, and found another US$ cheque, I still haven't run to deposit it. It's getting to the point now, where instead of depositing US$ cheques into my US$ bank account and letting the funds sit there. As soon as I deposit it, I transfer the whole thing into Cdn funds, and let it sit in the Cdn dollar account instead. The depreciation of your dollar is killing me.

This shit gets intricate. BUT There aint enough Euros to do the job of being t he worlds primary exchange currency
and making enough would not be in they interest. Now, yes the US $ is sitting at a alltime low, on feeble support as you'z know if  a Chartist (Technical Analysis) but I thik it sits right there. The Chineze just keep on cheapen their stuff to keep the factories rolling. They cant call that debt. They cant cash out, theres no point to anyway. Just game tokens.

The big and only threat is these fanatic Muslims mucking up oil security IMO.

If that ever becomes a REAL issue (And its lookin like it will in time)  the US Europe and everyone else will have no choice but to exterminate them if necessary. And anyone who believes we adhere to weapon treaties and dont have the shit & will to do it is naive.
I got full faith there is boys w/ contingency plans in DOD to operate w/ out our Govt at all. There HAS to be.
These stone age animals are gonna push and push until they get their wish.

Exchange rates are a funny thing. I missed a killer chance in 1999 :'(.  You could Gamble long term and hold them US $'z. I do feel   they worth more end game. Europe just dont have the resources and capacity  to match.
This aint no Patriotic drivel, I got none that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »
Sorry... even though it was what I said, ...I didn't mean to imply that YOU only got stuff from FOX. I know you are more learned than that. I meant it in a general sense.

Fabulous!!! Give him a big kiss from me, and tell him there's a Leftist, hippie, tree-hugging, granola crunching, vegetarian, Liberal from Canada who is very happy he's home.  ;D

Thanks for the clarification and the compliment.   :)

I gave him a big hug, but passed on the kiss.   :D  Good to have him home.  I've attended numerous homecoming events and they all give me chicken skin.  They play the Rocky theme as the soldiers march in.  Chaplain gives a prayer.  National anthem.  Army fight song.  Division song.  Remarks by the commander.  Unit is dismissed and the hugs and tears begin.  Almost makes me want to sign up again.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2007, 02:46:29 AM »
This shit gets intricate. BUT There aint enough Euros to do the job of being t he worlds primary exchange currency
and making enough would not be in they interest. Now, yes the US $ is sitting at a alltime low, on feeble support as you'z know if  a Chartist (Technical Analysis) but I thik it sits right there. The Chineze just keep on cheapen their stuff to keep the factories rolling. They cant call that debt. They cant cash out, theres no point to anyway. Just game tokens.

The big and only threat is these fanatic Muslims mucking up oil security IMO.

If that ever becomes a REAL issue (And its lookin like it will in time)  the US Europe and everyone else will have no choice but to exterminate them if necessary. And anyone who believes we adhere to weapon treaties and dont have the shit & will to do it is naive.
I got full faith there is boys w/ contingency plans in DOD to operate w/ out our Govt at all. There HAS to be.
These stone age animals are gonna push and push until they get their wish.

It's not the contingency plans of the DoD guys that I consider so worrisome, ...it's those of those damned spooks.
The blowback is always a biyatch!

Exchange rates are a funny thing. I missed a killer chance in 1999 :'(.  You could Gamble long term and hold them US $'z. I do feel   they worth more end game. Europe just dont have the resources and capacity  to match.
This aint no Patriotic drivel, I got none that.

No doubt, ...but the question is... will my grandchildren be eating with their own teeth when it happens?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2007, 03:46:54 AM »
Unfortunately we went in there with the intentions(as it was sold) to bring democracy to leave without accomplishing that would make us liars.

???    :-\   {pssst}  I think the verdict on that one has been previously rendered.  ;)

Also, when you refer to Iraqis taking control over there own destiny to whom to you  refer, Sunnis, Shia, Kurds, Secularists.  Thats part of the problem.  You have different groups of people with different visions of how the country should be fighting over it.  I think that fits the qualities of a civil war.

I was chatting with an Iraqi tonight. He's a Christian Iraqi originally from Baghdad, who emigrated here 14 yrs ago,
... he seemed to feel that it is the Sunnis who are best suited to take control.

It was his opinion that the Sunnis who had always been in charge there were the proper choice to bring balance.
A frequent lament I've heard from Christian Iraqi's is "It's not my home anymore, ...as a Christian, ...there is no place for me there."  :'( They then go on to say "What's going on there, was never like that under Saddam". He says much of his family who have fled to Jordan, Syria, and a number of other places, (along with the majority of other Christian Iraqi refugees) all feel the violence is a tool of a covert war taking place between USA & Iran) He said "The iraqi people aren't stupid. Everybody over there knows what's going on. "The USA... they send their people in, ...then the Iranians, ...they send their people in there too." When the subject got around to Saudi Arabia, his response was dismissive saying "The Saudis, ...they already have their people in there." They will keep this going because they don't want to see Iraqi's become 'one hand' as we were before"  Meaning of course united, Sunni, Shiite, Kurd, Christian, Secularist living side by side in peace with their neighbours the way it was under Saddam. One thing he said his family and so many other Christian Iraqis want to know is "How & Why". He said "We want to ask Mr Bush, how could you do this, back such conflict among those groups, ...and just leave the Christians there? How could he do that?" as he shook his head in disbelief.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2007, 04:42:17 AM »
I've attended numerous homecoming events and they all give me chicken skin.  They play the Rocky theme as the soldiers march in.  Chaplain gives a prayer.  National anthem.  Army fight song.  Division song.  Remarks by the commander.  Unit is dismissed and the hugs and tears begin.  Almost makes me want to sign up again.   :)

:-\   ::)  As if the world doesn't already have more than enough religious fundamentalists aching for martyrdom  ::)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2007, 10:28:24 AM »
:-\   ::)  As if the world doesn't already have more than enough religious fundamentalists aching for martyrdom  ::)

The world needs American patriots to protect the right of a Canadian snake oil salesman to peddle her wares to unsuspecting American suckers.  Sad huh?   

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2007, 06:30:15 AM »
Why should we spend our money and the lives of our sons for that?

(Just trying to clarify our reasons for staying there.)

Because no one ever got anywhere is the history of man without sacrificing something.
I

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »

Because no one ever got anywhere is the history of man without sacrificing something.

gREAT, you sacrifice, be my guest!
I like my nuts right where they are. There is sacrifice for a reason, and there is pointless waste of life.
Unfortunately we are in a little dilema here. This is  NOT about Democracy and Human rights.
This about keeping the wheels of production rolling and the lights on.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
I, believe regardless of the outcome, that will will be there until another president is elected.

There is so much political interest in Iraq. By that I mean, money ventures. Im not going to name the American companies who have contracts in Iraq but someone is definately profitting from this. If a person says that war doesnt bring anything but destruction is wrong. War creates job and is making someone very very wealthy.

Regardless if we do pull out or stay, I dont believe Iraq will get any better.

There is a saying..."the more we provoke, winter will come twice"  I believe this is happening and more Moslems will be infuriated.

Since day one from when the bombings in Iraq took place, I knew what was going to happen...oil/gas prices were going to go way up, looting was going to happen, etc. It wasnt hard to predict at all

Being a military member, I cannot talk ill of our President but we military arent stupid. We do know whats going on and the exact reason we invaded Iraq.

We signed a contract to obey our military leaders and our Commander in Chief. To support and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foriegn and domestic. Regardless of our leadership from politicians, it is still our country wether she maybe doing the wrong things or the right things...

To secure peace is to prepare for war.

But one thing I do believe that the events that are transpiring is going to lead to a one world government and one world leader who is going to bring some sort of peace to this world.

I can predict many things will happen as well and remember I said them here:

1. Israel will be the focus in the Middle East. Things that are happening today in Iraq and to other  Moslem countries will ultimately affect Israel. Muslim aggressions are rising and Israel will be their focus. Things that are happening today is fueling their hatred for israel. 

2. There will be other conflicts/wars but this isnt going to bring on world war 3 yet....more things are to happen in order for this to happen

3. The world is going to be so fucked up that they are going to need a one world government who will set up a one world currency where no one could buy or sell unless you are part of it. Someone is going to have to bring peace to the Muslim countries...a leader is going to come who will bring this "peace"

4. In order for this one world government to happen, something so climactic and aweful needs to happen...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »
http://www.generaldynamics.com/

Pull up a share price chart.
Also: ATK,LMT,BA,
Raytheon, northrup gruman, Big money wants this to NEVER a stop.