Author Topic: OTH'S 60 day diet, pics in  (Read 373006 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=485802.25
njflex must have bad eyesight as well.   ;)

Do NOT use Njflex's name again in any of your posts until you have kissed his ring and asked for his blessing. This is your one and only warning.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
hahaha bring on the homo! :D

i get what your saying 100% but its not part of the look i want, you know? dude i know for fact i could be walking around at 260-270 as lean as i am now and a freak of nature. just holds no appeal to me. i told a buddy of mine this weekend- i dont want anything to jump out', i just want a nice balanced athletic looking physique, with appreciable muscle thats easy to maintain, without having to use a shit load of anabolics.

I feel ya, you are sculpting your physique like an artist. A noble goal considering this approach to bodybuilding is dying nowadays.

ukjeff

dude i know for fact i could be walking around at 260-270 as lean as i am now and a freak of nature. just holds no appeal to me.
Shame that, you could be Mr Olympia.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=485802.25
njflex must have bad eyesight as well.   ;)

actually njflex is one guys opinion on here i respect tremendously. hes been in the trenches as long as any of us.

but you cannot compare our two builds based on a body part looking similar.

thats like saying the empire state building and a one bedroom condo are similar cause they both have windows and doors. :D

sorry bro. you are nothing like me. never will be. thats ok tho too. mediocrity is better suited for some more than others.

b

ukjeff

actually njflex is one guys opinion on here i respect tremendously. hes been in the trenches as long as any of us.

but you cannot compare our two builds based on a body part looking similar.

thats like saying the empire state building and a one bedroom condo are similar cause they both have windows and doors. :D

sorry bro. you are nothing like me. never will be. thats ok tho too. mediocrity is better suited for some more than others.

He thought the photos were the same person, jeez just accept the fact we have similar shaped bodies.(although we have yet to see your legs, your best body part I recall you saying)
It wont kill you you know.

You are right, Im nothing like you, I can give credit where its due.   :)

no one

• Getbig V
I feel ya, you are sculpting your physique like an artist. A noble goal considering this approach to bodybuilding is dying nowadays.

amen my brother amen.

the 70's were 'bodybuilding'. imo i find the physique 'coach' had back in the day- a guy who was just a gym rat like us who did a show or two- more impressive than the physiques you see today, no matter the level of competition. he has very nubret-ish/ zane type lines. fucking great physique on him. put just 10-15 pounds of lean on him in the right places? jesus. THATS BODYBUILDING.

to each their own. :)
b

no one

• Getbig V
He thought the photos were the same person, jeez just accept the fact we have similar shaped bodies.(although we have yet to see your legs, your best body part I recall you saying)
It wont kill you you know.

You are right, Im nothing like you, I can give credit where its due.   :)

cmon man. dont fold like this. fuck ive been enjoying this little head to head we got going on.

at least end it with a 'for now' or some shit.

cause you and i both know your not being placating out of any sense of demureness. you have something up your sleeve. and i look forward to the unveiling.

cheers sir.
b

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

sorry dont mean to interrupt but im here so i'll answer- the body can and will convert nutrients other than carbs into glycogen.

imo people put too much emphasis on glycogen. its simply not needed in the way we tend to think about it- ie needing carbohydrates.

Yes, Gluconeogenesis.

I'm just unclear as to whether fat loss (fat being removed from the fat cells) can occur before glycogen stores are depleted.

In OTH's initial post, he mentions fasting to use up glycogen to get into a fat burning state ASAP; yet some seem to be able to lose fat while still eating what you would consider high high carbs.

ukjeff

cmon man. dont fold like this. fuck ive been enjoying this little head to head we got going on.

at least end it with a 'for now' or some shit.

cause you and i both know your not being placating out of any sense of demureness. you have something up your sleeve. and i look forward to the unveiling.

cheers sir.
Fold?
Never.
I do have something up my sleeve, its a ripped vascular forearm.   ;)

ukjeff

Yes, Gluconeogenesis.

I'm just unclear as to whether fat loss (fat being removed from the fat cells) can occur before glycogen stores are depleted.

In OTH's initial post, he mentions fasting to use up glycogen to get into a fat burning state ASAP; yet some seem to be able to lose fat while still eating what you would consider high high carbs.

You can lose fat while eating carbs and no your glycogen stores don't have to be depleted

no one

• Getbig V
Yes, Gluconeogenesis.

ok, i think some of your lack of clarity and confusion is brought on by your trying to tie in and explain to yourself two totally different approaches into the same thought process, using the same reasoning for both.

you cannot use his idea along the scope of what your referring to and thats why your confused.

he used that to get into a state where his body would become an efficient fat burning machine. that is a one time deal he used to initiate fat loss for the reasons he outlined. you cannot relate your second point to the first as you are referring to a prolonged pattern of eating, therefor it is not adaptable to what OTH outlines and why.

dont over think it bro- if your running a severe enough deficit you HAVE to lose weight. its thats simple, and doesnt need to be as complicated as people like to make it out to be.
b

no one

• Getbig V
Fold?
Never.
I do have something up my sleeve, its a ripped vascular forearm.   ;)

well we know its not your biceps cause they just dont exist. :D

walk into a KFC with those chicken wings and you'll end up in a deep fryer bro.
b

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
amen my brother amen.

the 70's were 'bodybuilding'. imo i find the physique 'coach' had back in the day- a guy who was just a gym rat like us who did a show or two- more impressive than the physiques you see today, no matter the level of competition. he has very nubret-ish/ zane type lines. fucking great physique on him. put just 10-15 pounds of lean on him in the right places? jesus. THATS BODYBUILDING.

to each their own. :)

Fuck yes!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Wow, almost no fat and carbs. I would die. Keep up the good work.
Thank you sir  8)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
bang on bro! keep spitting truth. it's not 'supposed' to work but goddamn it works amazingly well for something that's not supposed to work eh?

the whole 'I find it hard to believe' is a mindset that prevents people from maximizing their potentials. if people would just put the doubts aside and LISTEN to what they are being told and APPLY what is being shared they'd make gains in leaps and strides over what they are doing now. fear is a helluva crippling thing.

btw what the fuck is that fool doing now posting nudes in your thread for attention? what a fucking desperate clown. Jesus Christ imagine going thru life like that?

anyway-keep going bro. I know it motivates gal and I to see your desire and commitment. I'm sure others feel the same way. major props and keep teaching those who chose to listen.
You guys are the ones who motivated me to do this, you and gal. So i thank you guys  ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Yes, Gluconeogenesis.

The body can burn fat while carbs are present but to me it is paying for the same real estate twice, you see my moto is this .... why would I burn 50% fat from my body and 50% carb intake when I can be burning 100% fat from my body instead  ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
My arms are 18.5" cold when I wake up, over 20" pumped.

No offence, but I don't believe in that big an increase from getting a pump. How many times have you measured them like this?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
speaking from personal experience, carbs never did shit for me in terms of size and strength gains...

increasing my fat intake however....
l

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
I will tell you why you think this and everyone else thinks this;

The body is the most ''self efficient problem solving machine''

When the body drinks alcohol once, twice then 3 times it adjust and raises up the tolerance levels to combat any side effects caused by the alcohol

Drugs same thing. Everything is adapted by the body.

In your case it never worked because you never went deep enough to allow your body to adapt, you might have done it for a couple days or even a week but for your body to use your body fat as fuel at the same efficiency as it uses carbs would take at least a week or even 10 days if you have never done it before but once it does this you are home free until there is no fat left.

Your body fat can provide the same amount of energy then your carbs, in fact even more if you use stimulant, which I do because you do not get the negative hormones that come with carbs that make you lethargic.

I hear you bro and that all sounds good but the fact is you are not only burning fat but a ton of muscle right along with it. Even with the hormones.

None the less, I get your point and this is not something you will be doing for a long period.

BTW, dont assume i have only tried something for a week or 10 days. I think you know that I am certainly not lazy when it comes to dieting.

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
speaking from personal experience, carbs never did shit for me in terms of size and strength gains...

increasing my fat intake however....

crazy how different we can all be. I am the exact opposite. Fat and protein leaves me looking flat, soft, and small. Carbs and protein however I look amazing. That said I am always well below 10%. If I was some fat fuck like cswole carbs may not be such a good idea. lol

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Perfect, you've achieved your goal! Then we won't be forced to read any more of your boastful drivel you shredded muscle man!  :D

no i haven't, as i'm 160 @ 7-8%

my goal is 170 @ 5-6%

so not quite there brosef

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Just listened to a podcast that was relevant to this discussion. In it, Tim Noakes talks about switching to a low carb diet and using fat as his primary fuel for running. It's good stuff.

http://www.paleorunner.org/search/label/Podcasts?updated-max=2013-04-17T23:48:00-05:00&max-results=20&start=20&by-date=false

Timothy David Noakes (born 1949) is a South African professor of exercise and sports science at the University of Cape Town. He has run more than 70 marathons and ultramarathons, and is the author of the running book Lore of Running.[1]

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I hear you bro and that all sounds good but the fact is you are not only burning fat but a ton of muscle right along with it. Even with the hormones.

None the less, I get your point and this is not something you will be doing for a long period.

BTW, dont assume i have only tried something for a week or 10 days. I think you know that I am certainly not lazy when it comes to dieting.
well no, I don't assume anything you did, I just thought you have never tried it before because you said in a previous post that after a few days it was not working or maybe I am mistaking, either way you are an obvious beast when it comes to dieting, your shredded so obviously you get the job doen.

As for losing muscle, I do not lose even an once and I know there is probably no way of proving this but look at these two pics one at 247 lb the other at 212 give or take a lb, does it look like I lost any muscle at all? I don't think so, same diet, no carbs. these are like 7 weeks apart

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
well no, I don't assume anything you did, I just thought you have never tried it before because you said in a previous post that after a few days it was not working or maybe I am mistaking, either way you are an obvious beast when it comes to dieting, your shredded so obviously you get the job doen.

As for losing muscle, I do not lose even an once and I know there is probably no way of proving this but look at these two pics one at 247 lb the other at 212 give or take a lb, does it look like I lost any muscle at all? I don't think so, same diet, no carbs. these are like 7 weeks apart

yea but you were on a protein/fat diet in the second pic correct? not just protein?

just to be clear, i don't doubt you bro, you have been there and done that.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
scientific paper i read,yes i do that lol, says glycogen stores can never be 100% depleted,never.

small trace rest wil always be there or we die, something like that.

im still trying to find some scince on whether its possible to burn fat while glygogen stores are full, or half full.

shoulld be possible but id love to have the details

Considering that the body has limited storage capacity for carbs, will use carbs before using fats and that there's a separate, more energy intensive, process for storing carbs as fat, the evidence suggests that the body doesn't want to store carbs as fat, and only does so as a last resort.

So, if you're fully stocked with glycogen, it seems unlikely that fat is being utilized.