Author Topic: Whats your excuse?  (Read 14993 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Whats your excuse?
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »

Debussey would like to second that :o

None of you could come close to cooking up something like the BigTasty burger they serve in Norwegian McD's, or the Whoppers.

Whale meat is good.
I hate the State.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »

The main reason for his genius: his father.
Don't discount Vienna. It was a serious cultural hub at the time. Still is.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
Whale meat is good.

It = ok once in a while, but not delicious :-X

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
Debussey would like to second that :o

None of you could come close to cooking up something like the BigTasty burger they serve in Norwegian McD's, or the Whoppers.
Oh please. You couldn't walk down to your butchers and get a nice amount of ground beef/sirloin and then prepare a good burger using fresh onions, tomatoes and a slab of Blue/Swiss, etc. cheese?     ???

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »

Yes.

At the same time, his father had already given him 3500 hours of lessons before the age of 7, and by the time he entered his 20s, the foundation his father had helped him build had grown into a monster.

Mozart would never have been able to absorb the influences of his contemporaries and write out the masterpieces he wrote if it had not been for the training his father gave him, and the tens of thousands of hours of work he put in later.

Later addition: This post reads rather poorly. Must be the sleep deprivation >:(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »

Vienna is cool but has its downsides as well. As for it being a cultural hub, I think you have been staring at 18th century pictures too long. It is a shadow of its former self.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »
Oh please. You couldn't walk down to your butchers and get a nice amount of ground beef/sirloin and then prepare a good burger using fresh onions, tomatoes and a slab of Blue/Swiss, etc. cheese?     ???

Rofl, you won't come close to the taste of the big tasty burgers.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »
Name studies that show that body weight is not determined by total intake.

Who cares about body weight ???  If I were to guess, you're a 50yr old overweight housewife on a Weight-Watchers diet who steps on the scale every morning ::)

Yes, you can "weigh" less through calorie restricition.  But, your body will hold on to fat and burn muscle as your metabolism slows to a crawl.  Then, when you go back to "normal" eating, you'll rebound and get even fatter.  It's what every dumb fat-ass does every year as they yo-yo diet.  

If you want to grow lean muscle mass, then you should understand that protein is as the center of it all...

w

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2009, 03:29:11 PM »

I would have to agree with Chimpsy here. My home made burgers taste a lot better than any whopper.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2009, 03:29:20 PM »

Rofl, you won't come close to the taste of the big tasty burgers.
Well, either you're taking the piss, or else Norway has no BBQ culture. But over here in North America, we take such things as BBQ cooking very seriously, my friend. So let me warn you: you're on thin ice with your mockery.  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »
Who cares about body weight ???  If I were to guess, you're a 50yr old overweight housewife on a Weight-Watchers diet who steps on the scale every morning ::)

Yes, you can "weigh" less through calorie restricition.  But, your body will hold on to fat and burn muscle as your metabolism slows to a crawl.  Then, when you go back to "normal" eating, you'll rebound and get even fatter.  It's what every dumb fat-ass does every year as they yo-yo diet.  

If you want to grow lean muscle mass, then you should understand that protein is as the center of it all...

You may have misread my previous posts.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »
Well, either you're taking the piss, or else Norway has no BBQ culture. But over here in North America, we take such things as BBQ cooking very seriously, my friend. So let me warn you: you're on thin ice with your mockery.  ;D

Very little BBQ culture here as the weather = only suitable for it a few months per year at best. Grilling = not very common here (expect for a few places in the southern parts during the summer), perhaps a few times during the summer for people with own houses or visitors at grill parties. Most people just use disposable grills ;D

You still won't beat the BigTasty burger.

Ps: The dressing makes all the difference. (ps: major subjective opinion alert. Perhaps Debussey has not yet seen "the light", like what happens the first time you visit a really high-end restaurant and get blown away).

Don't tell Debussey that you actually own one of those George Forman things? ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »

Easily.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2009, 03:35:21 PM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »

Rock hard evidence you are a wanna be Englishman! ;)
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »
I'm sure he's talking abount on a mass-produced scale. I'll be cooking up some burgers for friends in a week or so that will better tasting than any dried up piece of meat(s) and bun in a paper box, and I have no especial culinary talents. C'mon TA. Get real.  
No he`s not actually.  Heston Blumenthal has said the same thing regarding Fast Food. Now taste is totally objective and I have made MUCH better tasting burgers than I have ever gotten at any restaurant, however it is impossible to have the same cost to quality ratio to speak.

In fact, Blumenthal and Ferran Adrià have just opened Fast Food restaurants using their molecular gastronomy techniques which Mcdonalds and Burger King have pioneered in for years.

With that said, I will post some dramatic burger recipes of my own if anyone is interested.  I am a burger connoisseur and have made hundreds and hundreds of different kinds.  8)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2009, 03:37:40 PM »
Rock hard evidence you are a wanna be Englishman! ;)

An obnoxious english snob, that is ;)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2009, 03:37:58 PM »

Very little BBQ culture here as the weather = only suitable for it a few months per year at best. Grilling = not very common here, perhaps a few times during the summer. Most people just use disposable grills ;D

Ps: The dressing makes all the difference. (ps: major subjective opinion alert. Perhaps Debussey has not yet seen "the light", like what happens the first time you visit a really high-end restaurant and get blown away).

Don't tell Debussey that you actually own one of those George Forman things? ;D
BBQ is done over a flame, not on a Foreman grill you knucklehead. Real purists use charcoal briquettes, but most people use propane, as I do. Add good food, company and some good alcohol and you have real heaven here on earth. Philistine!  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »
No.

Matter of taste. But if I make a 85/15 burger with real emmentaler cheese, fresh letuce (not the over-dried shit), fresh Austrian tomatoes, ultra-thin Schinkenspeck and english mustard, you may want to convert to a real burger. :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »
BBQ is done over a flame, not on a Foreman grill you knucklehead. Real purists use charcoal briquettes, but most people use propane, as I do. Add good food, company and some good alcohol and you have real heaven here on earth. Philistine!  ;D

Wanna be Wanna be, nanannanana!
I hate the State.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
MindSpin WORKS in the supplement industry which may have something to do with his bias.

He also thinks that foods can be categorized in two realms, Junk food and "Clean" food.  This is simply not possible as he is not judging foods by content at all or energy equivalence, but instead by colloquial modern food mythology with no basis in fact.

Nothing against MindSpin, he is just dead wrong in his assertions and assumptions.

I don't work in the supplement industry.  I work in the food & beverage industry which includes everything from wine to ice cream.

And, there is a difference in the nutrient value I get from a "junk" meal vs. a "clean" meal.  A typical junk meal for me is chocolate cake and coke (practically all sugar, chemicals, artificial everything, high fructose corn syrup, etc.).  A clean meal would be grilled salmon served over quinoa/chia seeds and juice blend of acai, acerola, cupuacu & graviola.  

w

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »

;D

Now you see the extent of Debussey's insight into the "BBQ culture" ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
REAL Barbecue comes from North Carolina, slow cooked over Hickory wood coals.

If one has never been to a pig picking, than they shall die truly unfulfilled.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2009, 03:42:26 PM »
Matter of taste. But if I make a 85/15 burger with real emmentaler cheese, fresh letuce (not the over-dried shit), fresh Austrian tomatoes, ultra-thin Schinkenspeck and english mustard, you may want to convert to a real burger. :)

>:(

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »
>:(

I'll cook one this weekend and post pics. :)