Author Topic: NBA Playoffs and Kobe  (Read 3324 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
NBA Playoffs and Kobe
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:07:17 AM »
I haven't kept track of the playoffs, but I just noticed that LA got swept.  Even when Jordan came back after 2 yrs of baseball in bad condition and wearing #45, it took a monumental effort by Indiana and Reggie Miller to eliminate the Bulls.  I hope this closes the door on the BS about Kobe being better than Jordan.  Like LeBrick, he can't carry and will a team to victory like Jordan.

I wouldn't buy LB23 gear or whatever BS Nike has out there for Kobe either.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: NBA Playoffs and Kobe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:59:18 AM »
I haven't kept track of the playoffs, but I just noticed that LA got swept.  Even when Jordan came back after 2 yrs of baseball in bad condition and wearing #45, it took a monumental effort by Indiana and Reggie Miller to eliminate the Bulls.  I hope this closes the door on the BS about Kobe being better than Jordan.  Like LeBrick, he can't carry and will a team to victory like Jordan.

I wouldn't buy LB23 gear or whatever BS Nike has out there for Kobe either.

Orlando eliminated the Bulls in 95.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:28:41 AM »
Jordan is the greatest of all time.
Kobe is in the discussion of who's a distant second.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 06:33:27 AM »
Yes the last three seasons have proven you can't build a championship team around Kobe Bryant ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:51:42 AM »
Yes the last three seasons have proven you can't build a championship team around Kobe Bryant ::)

they didn't 3-peat, imp. no one said they couldn't win with kobe, just cut the BS about him being better than jordan.  fucking got swept with a fucking solid team.  in jordans prime, there is no way you'd swept the bulls, couldn't do it when he came back half-ass from playing baseball.

kobe and lebrick aint in the same mentral league at least.  maybe they are better athletes     

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 07:03:17 AM »
no one said they couldn't win with kobe    

he can't carry and will a team to victory

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 07:15:33 AM »
Jordan didn't start winning championships until he had great players like Scottie Pippen on his team

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 07:18:03 AM »
Jordan didn't start winning championships until he had great players like Scottie Pippen on his team

Yes people often overlook this when talking about the transcendent majesty of Jordan.  He was the best player ever but it's not like he didn't have any help.  Pippen was a perennial all-NBA player, the best defender ever at his position, is in the discussion for best defender ever at any position, and could still be counted on to score ~ 20 points a night.  In 1994 he was pretty clearly the best non-center in the NBA.  He was better than anyone Kobe's ever played with except Shaq.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 07:30:21 AM »
Orlando eliminated the Bulls in 95.

yeah, but remember how close that series was... rememebr that "Penny steals the ball from MJ and wins the game" moment...

Then you remember Jordan winning 72 games the next year.  That team was just beat that year because jordan had no legs, he was like 6 weeks back into a comeback trying to play elite playoff basketball.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 07:54:30 AM »
yeah, but remember how close that series was... rememebr that "Penny steals the ball from MJ and wins the game" moment...

Then you remember Jordan winning 72 games the next year.  That team was just beat that year because jordan had no legs, he was like 6 weeks back into a comeback trying to play elite playoff basketball.

Yes they also swept Orlando out of the playoffs if I recall correctly.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »

thank you.  jordan came back and had a 3-peat.  kobe was on the verge of a 3-peat w/out Shaq but got swept.  no just FUCK IT from kobe and drop 60pts in a night to win one for LA and than come back the 2nd night with some steals and great def if he couldn't get the offense going.  FUCK KOBE AND "i can't carry a team because it's too hard" LEBRICK! 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 09:00:54 AM »
Michael Jeffrey Jordan is the God of Basketball Kobe is a very distant 2nd.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »
Jordan is the greatest of all time.
Kobe is in the discussion of who's a distant second.

only among retarded kobe fans

he s not even close to bird and magic or many others defeted by jordan in the golden era of nba baskeball (1982-1993)

kobe didn t even make the finals (with the much beter shaq in his team) when jorden was winning 2nd 3peat just beeing all fadeawayjumper

jordan of late 80s would have been able to score over 50 and hold a prime kobe under 10 in every game against each other

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 10:04:36 AM »
Jordan for president.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
can you imagine if Jordan had a frontcourt of Gasol/Bynum/Odom???????  :o

they would not lose a single game

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 10:14:47 AM »
can you imagine if Jordan had a frontcourt of Gasol/Bynum/Odom???????  :o

it is a different game now tho. It is a sad pussified version of it former self.
A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 10:18:41 AM »
can you imagine if Jordan had a frontcourt of Gasol/Bynum/Odom???????  :o

no, he did ok with cartwright, longley, the other white log, williams, grant (jordan never won a championship until i showed up  ::)) and of course a legit rodman.  damn solid PFers, except for Rodman, and Centers Jordan had over his career.  ::)

pippen, rodman, toney and set shooters (paxon and bj).  that's the history of jordan teams. and he didnt carry them.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 10:22:11 AM »
Huh?  Horace Grant was really good.  Not all-star level (he was an all-star once though) but in his prime he was good for 13-15 points, ~ 10 rebounds a game, and well over 50% shooting.  What's not "solid" about that?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »
  What's not "solid" about that?

jordan couldn't win without him.  at least pippin knew life was good when jordan was around.  how soon people forget when jordan came back  from baseball pippen raised his shoe to the camera and pointed at the air jordan logo on the bottom.

FUCK GRANT TOO!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 10:33:55 AM »
jordan couldn't win without him.  at least pippin knew life was good when jordan was around.  how soon people forget when jordan came back  from baseball pippen raised his shoe to the camera and pointed at the air jordan logo on the bottom.

FUCK GRANT TOO!

That is correct, Jordan didn't win without him until he was replaced by a Hall of Famer (Rodman).  What's your point?  Horace Grant was a solid player by any definition.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
I don't like Jordan or Kobe, but acknowlege that they are both great players and will forever be in the discussion of best basketball player ever.  Both Jordan and Kobe seem like spoiled brats on the basketball court when a call doesn't go their way.  I preferred the Larry Bird and Magic Johnson era, because of my age and love of the celtics.