Author Topic: The Wizard of Truth aka gh15 at 298lb with 48" gun?  (Read 29926 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: The Wizard of Truth aka gh15 at 298lb with 48" gun?
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »
The first paragraph of that NRA Propaganda says that a person who isn't a dealer can sell a firearm to anyone they choose with no check

Exactly my point , yet people are still bound by laws in private transactions , I can't just sell to anyone.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »
Silly americans so gun crazy u should be talking about beer

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2011, 08:01:27 AM »
The first paragraph of that NRA Propaganda says that a person who isn't a dealer can sell a firearm to anyone they choose with no check

True that.

I sold my 30/30 to a buddy and there was no backgournd check. Just went into a gun shop and he facilitated the whole thing right then and there.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »
Yes, the face to face transaction thing is fine by Federal Law. It's the State and Local laws that will get you. What's fine in Idaho, might not be fine in New York, and what's fine in NYS, certainly doesn't fly in NYC, etc..... In general for the majority of non urban areas, same state(both parties living in state), face to face transactions are cash and carry for the most part. Out of state private transfers are to be handled by FFLs and are subject to the same paper work as regular in store purchases(NCIC, 4473 forms, etc....).

Personally, I wouldn't transfer a firearm privately without getting a copy of that person's state id.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
Yes, the face to face transaction thing is fine by Federal Law. It's the State and Local laws that will get you. What's fine in Idaho, might not be fine in New York, and what's fine in NYS, certainly doesn't fly in NYC, etc..... In general for the majority of non urban areas, same state(both parties living in state), face to face transactions are cash and carry for the most part. Out of state private transfers are to be handled by FFLs and are subject to the same paper work as regular in store purchases(NCIC, 4473 forms, etc....).

Personally, I wouldn't transfer a firearm privately without getting a copy of that person's state id.

Took my over a year to get my pistol permit. 

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2011, 08:42:06 AM »
nasser seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on this guy here from sheer embarrasment.

pointed and aimed, finger ready to go. just trying to catch the right time to pull a sly one while the lunatic with the beard is not concentrating.

Halcyon

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • an undercover pro
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2011, 09:27:21 AM »
As much as I used to hate frenchy, the made up stories are out of control.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2011, 10:04:11 AM »
As much as I used to hate frenchy, the made up stories are out of control.

So you hate yourself Alex? Even your gimmicks won't be friends with you huh?

clever

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:05 AM »
Lol @ following the laws to buy guns... ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
I'm not sure why everyone hates alex? Something I'm not aware of ?

Anyways, I'm a big gun guy and that picture of him pointing the guns with his finger on trigger makes me cringe. epic fail on following basic gun safety rules.
Shit like that gives all the whiny anti gun bitches reasons to hate.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2011, 11:16:49 AM »
I'm not sure why everyone hates alex? Something I'm not aware of ?

Anyways, I'm a big gun guy and that picture of him pointing the guns with his finger on trigger makes me cringe. epic fail on following basic gun safety rules.
Shit like that gives all the whiny anti gun bitches reasons to hate.

yes indeed. Take it from someone who shot another person with a Pellet gun by mistake. I never felt so bad for something that i ever did..All i did was lift a pellet gun from a chair, so someone could sit down. Little did i know the gun was cocked and it accidentally discharged , and struck some girl in the leg..She had to be hospitalized and i felt so damn bad

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2011, 11:20:30 AM »

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
I've got a SUB-2000 that I keep in my glovebox, I've debated trading for a SU-16 or something like it.

Must be one hell of a glovebox.  And you must be very concerned about being attacked by a regiment of black bears...

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2011, 11:30:59 AM »
yes indeed. Take it from someone who shot another person with a Pellet gun by mistake. I never felt so bad for something that i ever did..All i did was lift a pellet gun from a chair, so someone could sit down. Little did i know the gun was cocked and it accidentally discharged , and struck some girl in the leg..She had to be hospitalized and i felt so damn bad

Yeah, you're lucky it was only a fucking pellet gun!

I was shooting in a quarry once on a trip in Wisconsin ....just plinking with some buddies.

This escalade pulls up with 3 guys looking like assclowns. Tipped hats, shirts past their knees and "shorts" that reveal 3" of their ankles.

They had a single AK they were shooting. When they were putting the rifle in the back ...to reload I think, one of the fucktards accidentally put a round that went through the back and front seats, center console and into the engine. The car was fucked ...couldn't start

There was no cell phone signal out there.

We left and told 'em we'll send a tow truck. Which was bullshit because those assholes were lucky nobody was sitting in the car

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2011, 12:04:09 PM »
Exactly my point , yet people are still bound by laws in private transactions , I can't just sell to anyone.

Yes you can

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »
Lol @ following the laws to buy guns... ;D

Easy outlaw, you just keep that gun of yours in that holster

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
Surprised that an AK round would do that much damage after going through the entire truck.  I guess it's all just padding and plastic between the engine and the back seat though.

Yeah, you're lucky it was only a fucking pellet gun!

I was shooting in a quarry once on a trip in Wisconsin ....just plinking with some buddies.

This escalade pulls up with 3 guys looking like assclowns. Tipped hats, shirts past their knees and "shorts" that reveal 3" of their ankles.

They had a single AK they were shooting. When they were putting the rifle in the back ...to reload I think, one of the fucktards accidentally put a round that went through the back and front seats, center console and into the engine. The car was fucked ...couldn't start

There was no cell phone signal out there.

We left and told 'em we'll send a tow truck. Which was bullshit because those assholes were lucky nobody was sitting in the car

dukey187

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »
Yes you can
look at mr scottsdale acting like he knows the gun laws. stick to what you know best. installing tv's and showing up kids at red boxes.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »
Yes you can

Well technically you can , legally you can't there are laws that concern private transactions.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2011, 12:29:13 PM »
Well technically you can , legally you can't there are laws that concern private transactions.

:)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
semantics games?  ::)

What semantics...You can sell a gun to someone without a backgound check,,,it's black and white.

Of course you SHOULDN"T sell to just anyone....but you can if you want. That was the point in question, not the ethics of it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
What semantics...You can sell a gun to someone without a backgound check,,,it's black and white.

Of course you SHOULDN"T sell to just anyone....but you can if you want. That was the point in question, not the ethics of it.

I can, have, and will continue to sell guns to anyone I choose to.

It is their responsibility to register the gun. This is what gun shows and sales are all about.

Obviously ND is just wrong.... As long as you don't have an reason to suspect they can't own a firearm, you can sell to them

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »

WRONG . this is the point in question
They can purchase firearms from an individual without any sort of regulation.

there is regulation concerning private transactions , the only regulation concerning private sales is you don't have to give a back round check , so once again you're wrong. I'm telling you from experience

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
Must be one hell of a glovebox.  And you must be very concerned about being attacked by a regiment of black bears...

It's the best glove box ever. I'm pretty concerned about zombies, but now that you bring up the bears I might start worrying about them too.