Author Topic: Support Michael Vick's rights  (Read 2422 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Support Michael Vick's rights
« on: August 02, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »
I think Michael Vick should get a fair treatment by the society, and let the justice system handle the legal aspects, ie take care of whether or not he's guilty, if he's guilty, what sentence he should get.

Those who are without sin, cast the first stone, I say.

In other words, mob behavior aren't worthy of the Western Civilisation. That's something that medieval countries do.
As empty as paradise

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Support Michael Vick's rights
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 04:13:44 PM »
I believe he is going to get a trial?   How are/were his rights being violated?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 04:26:51 PM »
I believe he is going to get a trial?   How are/were his rights being violated?

Mob like behavior by the crowd.

A senator asking for him to be executed. Hatred spewed towards him in general. Not worthy of a civilized nation.

I doubt Vick would feel safe walking out late in the evening.

And that's really fcuked up.

I don't support his actions. But I support his rights. Every inch of his road to the jail cell. ;)
As empty as paradise

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 05:09:58 PM »

A senator asking for him to be executed.

Which senator was that?
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 05:20:57 PM »
Mob like behavior by the crowd.

A senator asking for him to be executed. Hatred spewed towards him in general. Not worthy of a civilized nation.

I don't support his actions. But I support his rights. Every inch of his road to the jail cell. ;)

Again, what rights are being violated? 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
I agree with you in principle HH, but Vick is a pos. He had enough money to do whatever the fuck he wanted to do in his leisure time, but he chose to watch animals kill each other. He is not civilized, so I don't think he should be treated with civility. I am not one of those over the top PETA types by any means, just a guy who loves his dog and wishes Michael Vick a slow and painful death :)
E

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »

vick financed the whole bad newz kennel dog fighting operation. he is responsible for breeding, selling, and transportation of dogs for the purpose of fighting.  he is responsible for the death of many dogs by electocution, hanging, even slamming them into the ground.  without him behind the operation none of this would have happened. the amount of evidence in the 18 page indictment is overwhelming.  can you honestly read that idictment and still think he may be a innocent scapegoat in all of this?  

the way i see it, even if he gets kicked out of the nfl for life, loses every endorsement dollar, and serves 6 years in prison he is still getting off way to easy.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 05:29:03 PM »
I don't see his rights being violated.     

Freedom of Speech.
  :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 05:31:18 PM »
Again, what rights are being violated? 

First of all, he deserves a fair trial. And to be judged by the legal system, instead of some crazy mob. Do you think he would be safe walking in neighborhood of dog owners?

There's more too. Lets call it decency. I know it's not in the constitution, but damn it, what the hell is up with all these people making this guys life a total misery, especially when we don't even know all the facts?

Vicks is being harassed by a mindless mob throughout the country, and the decent thing is to step back and let the legal system do its job.

There are some things that separates us from the medieval nations. Not hanging people on sight is one.
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
First of all, he deserves a fair trial. And to be judged by the legal system, instead of some crazy mob. Do you think he would be safe walking in neighborhood of dog owners?

There's more too. Lets call it decency. I know it's not in the constitution, but damn it, what the hell is up with all these people making this guys life a total misery, especially when we don't even know all the facts?

Vicks is being harassed by a mindless mob throughout the country, and the decent thing is to step back and let the legal system do its job.

There are some things that separates us from the medieval nations. Not hanging people on sight is one.

I honestly think he would be safe walking anywhere, anytime in America. He lost his endorsement deals cuz he did something stupid, convicted or not. I don't think he is in harms way though.
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 05:36:35 PM »
vick financed the whole bad newz kennel dog fighting operation. he is responsible for breeding, selling, and transportation of dogs for the purpose of fighting.  he is responsible for the death of many dogs by electocution, hanging, even slamming them into the ground.  without him behind the operation none of this would have happened. the amount of evidence in the 18 page indictment is overwhelming.  can you honestly read that idictment and still think he may be a innocent scapegoat in all of this? 

the way i see it, even if he gets kicked out of the nfl for life, loses every endorsement dollar, and serves 6 years in prison he is still getting off way to easy.

Sure, I think he's guilty.

I hope he gets a just trial, and that, after whatever sentance he will get, the public will lay off him.

No, I don't think it's ok to fcuk with dogs. But I definitely believe that once you've done your time, it's only counter-productive for a society to keep on punishing a citizen. Because that will only raise the likelyhood of him/her return to criminality.

As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
Sure, I think he's guilty.

I hope he gets a just trial, and that, after whatever sentance he will get, the public will lay off him.

No, I don't think it's ok to fcuk with dogs. But I definitely believe that once you've done your time, it's only counter-productive for a society to keep on punishing a citizen. Because that will only raise the likelyhood of him/her return to criminality.

Are you speaking in general about returning to crime or specifically about Vick? There is no reason for him to turn back to crime if he goes to jail. He is worth millions.
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »
I honestly think he would be safe walking anywhere, anytime in America. He lost his endorsement deals cuz he did something stupid, convicted or not. I don't think he is in harms way though.

You don't think he's in harms way?

Even though you just a minute ago admitted that you wished Vick a slow and painful death?

I'm sure you would never do anything. But are you so sure that everyone are so straight as you dannymate?

As empty as paradise

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 05:39:02 PM »

He can argue whether his trial was fair when he has it.  If anything he may have a case for appeal later on.   8)

You still haven't shown what rights have been violated.

Or do you want to discuss decency instead of rights? 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 05:51:08 PM »

He can argue whether his trial was fair when he has it.  If anything he may have a case for appeal later on.   8)

You still haven't shown what rights have been violated.

Or do you want to discuss decency instead of rights? 

I apologize if you couldn't understand me.

I thought I mentioned already that it was more to it than rights:

Let me put it this way: I think it's wrong that Vick gets harassed. That he's being the target of some looney witchhunt.

That's what I have a problem with.

Not that he's heading for prison.
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 06:08:23 PM »
You don't think he's in harms way?

Even though you just a minute ago admitted that you wished Vick a slow and painful death?

I'm sure you would never do anything. But are you so sure that everyone are so straight as you dannymate?

I don't actually wish the guy death, just expressing my anger a bit. I don't know if he is in any real danger tbh. Those PETA types are pretty aggressive with their protests, but I am not sure anyone would hurt the guy, not to mention I am sure he has bodyguards and is careful about where he goes. At any rate, he would be welcomed at any ghetto in the US. Ghetto types think dog fighting is cool in this country.
E

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 06:09:32 PM »
Victims of dog fighting.. Yeah, real civil..

One of his buddies is testifying against him too.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »

Let me put it this way: I think it's wrong that Vick gets harassed. That he's being the target of some looney witchhunt.

He isn't getting harassed for christ sake..  ::)

His "people" are playing the race card and saying he's innocent, or that dog fighting is simply not relevant and he's a black man being held down. This is the consensus of the black community.

Protesters outside a courthouse does not mean harassment.

To add, he's given a woman herpes before and his brother has a great track record.

People like Vick are ghetto trash and that's the bottom line.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »

If people are "harrasing" him within the law, then I feel nothing for him.  Nor do I think this is a witch hunt. 

I do not think that someone could just come up and beat him up or kill him, but someone saying he is a loser I have no problem. 

IMO, Being decent IS just keeping it to words and not physical action against him.   If it wasn't his house and his "friends" hadn't already spilled their guts about him I might feel differently.  But no way he didn't have a CLUE about what was going on at HIS HOUSE.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »
He isn't getting harassed for christ sake..  ::)

His "people" are playing the race card and saying he's innocent, or that dog fighting is simply not relevant and he's a black man being held down. This is the consensus of the black community.

Protesters outside a courthouse does not mean harassment.

To add, he's given a woman herpes before and his brother has a great track record.

People like Vick are ghetto trash and that's the bottom line.

His "people" are doing the society a diservice. Didn't "they" learn anything from the OJ debacle? :-\

That shit only infuriated and caused racial tensions.

Everyone needs to calm the fcuk down. Those who are playing the race card for Vick too. That's fcuked up too of course.

As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 06:30:31 PM »
It's fcuking hard to look at those pics, realize what Vick is responsible of, and still stand up for him.

But I believe it's the right thing to do.

With that being said, I hope he gets sentenced.
As empty as paradise

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »
It's fcuking hard to look at those pics, realize what Vick is responsible of, and still stand up for him.

But I believe it's the right thing to do.

With that being said, I hope he gets sentenced.

And people have the right to protest as long as they don't harm him.

The public response to this is strong.. He'll be punished even if he doesn't do jail time. He's lost major sponsors and may never play football again.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 08:08:24 PM »
His "people" are doing the society a diservice. Didn't "they" learn anything from the OJ debacle? :-\

That shit only infuriated and caused racial tensions.

Everyone needs to calm the fcuk down. Those who are playing the race card for Vick too. That's fcuked up too of course.

I appreciate your integrity and your loyalty to benefit of the doubt.

But you know the same people who are protecting him now thought the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson and her bf were perfectly okay because of what happened in the past and because of the supposed biased justice system? These people and their words are of no weight.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 10:34:20 PM »
Haha protect his rights he's lucky he has rights, he owns the damn property, well known in dog fighting circuits, what kind of due process legal system is that fucing blind hedge, gone off your rocker on this one. Last time I checked I was allowed to have a mob mentality, which serves its purpose more than history has given it credit it, its the extension of what we call a justice system.