Author Topic: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..  (Read 24606 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..I
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
EVEN IF THEY ARE SORE FOR 7 DAYS... SO WHAT???  Hit them again...  

At the moment I only train each muscle once a week, and there are times I'll still be sore the following week... that doesn't mean I won't train???  same applies for the days back when I was working each muscle twice a week... they would still be sore when its time to train them again.. but I'd still hit them again nevertheless!

Yes I am of the belief, if you think you arms are lagging... then go ahead and hit them twice a week or even  3 times a week if you want, and I believe they will improve!

why stop at 3 ... why not 8..
choice is an illusion

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Re: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2012, 06:49:13 PM »
If you can train arms 3 days a week and improve you are either on an astronomical amount of drugs or you are lying.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »
why stop at 3 ... why not 8..

why not.  if all you want is big arms and small everything else

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »
If you can train arms 3 days a week and improve you are either on an astronomical amount of drugs or you are lying.

im inclined to agree here

arms are used for shoulders back and chest
so 3 times a week meas your effectively changing them
tris 5 times a week bis 4 times
thats dumb
choice is an illusion

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
im inclined to agree here

arms are used for shoulders back and chest
so 3 times a week meas your effectively changing them
tris 5 times a week bis 4 times
thats dumb

Fail

Fail

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »
if your working arms properly
.... and i dont mean doing a set then 10 mins later another ... no way will anyone be banging arms 3 times a week
especially if your a natural.... they will get no time to recover....
muscles grow when they are resting not in the gym
choice is an illusion

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »
if your working arms properly
.... and i dont mean doing a set then 10 mins later another ... no way will anyone be banging arms 3 times a week
especially if your a natural.... they will get no time to recover....
muscles grow when they are resting not in the gym

You are underestimating  how fast muscles can recover!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »
You are underestimating  how fast muscles can recover!
really well not many naturals train like me.... so
i know if you did a week with me..... ha ha ha ha you would not be doing arms 3 times a week thats a fact
 ;)
choice is an illusion

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »
really well not many naturals train like me.... so
i know if you did a week with me..... ha ha ha ha you would not be doing arms 3 times a week thats a fact
 ;)

Oh you are so hardcore - I wish we could all be like you! You must be the hardest training natural in America!  I'm sure you will win the Team Universe like its a cake walk!   ::)

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »

It doesn't work like that. It has a systemic effect. In the short term it may work to a degree as long as you are small and weak. An 18 inch arm contracting 3 days a week like that takes a lot more out of the body's ability to recover than a 12 inch arm doing the same. Eventually you will find that for improvements without drugs the arms will require less work, but more importantly smarter training.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2012, 07:03:55 PM »
Oh you are so hardcore - I wish we could all be like you! You must be the hardest training natural in America!  I'm sure you will win the Team Universe like its a cake walk!   ::)
You go work out with Mes, I dare ya...I double dog dare ya!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2012, 07:05:47 PM »
I dont even know what that is.... and im not in the states.....
 ;)
choice is an illusion

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »
It doesn't work like that. It has a systemic effect. In the short term it may work to a degree as long as you are small and weak. An 18 inch arm contracting 3 days a week like that takes a lot more out of the body's ability to recover than a 12 inch arm doing the same. Eventually you will find that for improvements without drugs the arms will require less work, but more importantly smarter training.

I disagree....

I'm not saying your body doesn't need any rest!  Sure your body definitely needs its time recover, and taking in the proper nutrition, the proper supplementation will help...

But I'm saying you guys are falling into this whole key word voodoo shit of "Overtraining"  .... many lifters sell themselves short because they are scared to "ovetrain" , many lifters don't reach their potential because of fear that they will "overtrain"

The human body is built to sustain a lot... and it will adapt - it is a homeostatic organism!!  Its made to survive!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »
I dont even know what that is.... and im not in the states.....
 ;)

Ok.... The Team Universe is hailed as the biggest Natural bodybuilding show in America...  (whether the competitors are really natural or not... thats up for discussion) but thats what it is! 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »
You go work out with Mes, I dare ya...I double dog dare ya!

;D ;D ;D
what say you parker...
your an arm guy
3 times a week....??
choice is an illusion

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »
;D ;D ;D
what say you parker...
your an arm guy
3 times a week....??

For the record... I've stated I personally train arms once a week... and my arm work out is a 2-3 hours session - So Mes... come at me bro!

But I'm also saying, there wouldn't be anything wrong if one decides to train arms 2 or 3 times a week!

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2012, 07:11:30 PM »
I disagree....

I'm not saying your body doesn't need any rest!  Sure your body definitely needs its time recover, and taking in the proper nutrition, the proper supplementation will help...

But I'm saying you guys are falling into this whole key word voodoo shit of "Overtraining"  .... many lifters sell themselves short because they are scared to "ovetrain" , many lifters don't reach their potential because of fear that they will "overtrain"

The human body is built to sustain a lot... and it will adapt - it is a homeostatic organism!!  Its made to survive!

I disagree also. I think people don't fully appreciate how EASY it is to overtrain. We do adapt, albeit at a pace that nature/biology dictates, which has very real limitations.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2012, 07:13:09 PM »
Ok.... The Team Universe is hailed as the biggest Natural bodybuilding show in America...  (whether the competitors are really natural or not... thats up for discussion) but thats what it is! 

ok well .. like i said...if you are banging arms hard....you shouldnt be able to working them 3 times a week is counter productive... I think
and banging them 3 times a week would mess with working chest bis and delts
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2012, 07:16:24 PM »
For the record... I've stated I personally train arms once a week... and my arm work out is a 2-3 hours session - So Mes... come at me bro!

But I'm also saying, there wouldn't be anything wrong if one decides to train arms 2 or 3 times a week!
its not the legnth of the session
its what you do in that session that counts
i used to do those 2 3 hr arm sessions trust me
when i truly learned how to work arms....  2 hrs isnt necessary and I kill my arms

no fucking about trust me on that

choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
;D ;D ;D
what say you parker...
your an arm guy
3 times a week....??
If I superset, one day a week
if I break it up--bis on one day, tris on another...

Every now and then, I might hit bis a second time just to feel the pump. Tris always get it twice when working chest and doing decline push ups.

A full arm work out 3x a week, Hell No!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »
ok well .. like i said...if you are banging arms hard....you shouldnt be able to working them 3 times a week is counter productive... I think
and banging them 3 times a week would mess with working chest bis and delts

See thats the thing... this discussion is not about whether it will mess working out chest and bicep... if you read my other posts, I specifically said, sure if you want big arms and small everything else go head and train arms 8 times a week.

This discussion is about how much the muscle can sustain and how much recovery is needed.... and I am of the personal believe that you guys are underestimating recovery needs.

I disagree also. I think people don't fully appreciate how EASY it is to overtrain. We do adapt, albeit at a pace that nature/biology dictates, which has very real limitations.

We are all going to have to agree to disagree.  Because we are spinning around in circles.

I'm telling you guys what I PERSONALLY think... and what has PERSONALLY worked for me in the past (even though now I train each muscle ONCE a week)....  maybe you guys have had other stuff work for you, and thats great, I'm not gonna deny that!

its not the legnth of the session
its what you do in that session that counts
i used to do those 2 3 hr arm sessions trust me
when i truly learned how to work arms....  2 hrs isnt necessary and I kill my arms

no fucking about trust me on that

And for the record... my arm work outs are plenty intense  ;D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
See thats the thing... this discussion is not about whether it will mess working out chest and bicep... if you read my other posts, I specifically said, sure if you want big arms and small everything else go head and train arms 8 times a week.

This discussion is about how much the muscle can sustain and how much recovery is needed.... and I am of the personal believe that you guys are underestimating recovery needs.

We are all going to have to agree to disagree.  Because we are spinning around in circles.

I'm telling you guys what I PERSONALLY think... and what has PERSONALLY worked for me in the past (even though now I train each muscle ONCE a week)....  maybe you guys have had other stuff work for you, and thats great, I'm not gonna deny that!

You've gotta get those epic leans again bro

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »

ok
a tri workout for me would
 be
pressdowns

close grip
set1 135 20 reps
set2  225 20 reps
set 3 315 10 reps
set 4 350 6 reps
drop set    315 10 reps, 15 reps, 135 20 reps

skulls
set 1  one 45lb plate per side
set 2  one 45lb plate and a 25 per side
set 3  2 45 plates per side 225lb (cambered bar)

dumbell etensions up to 130, 145 if im feeling good

then pressdowns, rope pressdowns

no way will I be doing that 3 times a week ..... sorry and have the same intensity for chest and delts

set 1   
choice is an illusion

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2012, 08:06:45 PM »
ok
a tri workout for me would
 be
pressdowns

close grip
set1 135 20 reps
set2  225 20 reps
set 3 315 10 reps
set 4 350 6 reps
drop set    315 10 reps, 15 reps, 135 20 reps

skulls
set 1  one 45lb plate per side
set 2  one 45lb plate and a 25 per side
set 3  2 45 plates per side 225lb (cambered bar)

dumbell etensions up to 130, 145 if im feeling good

then pressdowns, rope pressdowns

no way will I be doing that 3 times a week ..... sorry and have the same intensity for chest and delts

set 1  

Meso - I'm in no way doubting that you have super intense work outs... I believed it long before you posted that split.

YES.... if you decide to train arms more than once a week you will have to alter your work out split (and this will go for other bodyparts as well).  When I was training each body part 2 times a week I was making great gains, but I switched to training each body part once a week for two reasons... 1.  It was just physically exhausting on my nervous system, 2.  I wanted to dedicate 1 full day for a body part instead of "sharing" it with other muscles.....  this doesn't mean I wasn't making awesome gains when I was doing twice a  week... I Sure was, but it was different, and I tried to do it for as long as I could!

You've gotta get those epic leans again bro

Thanks bro...  but frankly at the moment...  too uninterested to do so (I like being bigger, fatter, and stronger, than thinner, leaner, and weaker) and too pre-occupied with other things in my life to focus on a full on pre-contest diet (like my PhD, work, family, etc.)

Maybe one day I'll decide to compete again... but at the moment, I don't have the itch, and am just happy with how I am right now!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
"making great gains" oh brother... why would you stop ::)