Author Topic: Amy Coney Barrett sworn in as Supreme Court Justice at White House ceremony  (Read 37125 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2020, 10:30:13 AM »
The Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pushed Me To Join The Satanic Temple
Huffington Post ^
Posted on 9/24/2020, 1:14:26 PM by TigerClaws

I am a 40-something attorney and mother who lives in a quiet neighborhood with a yard and a garage full of scooters and soccer balls. I often walk with my children to get ice cream and spend weekends hiking through a national park. I am not the type of person who would normally consider becoming a Satanist, but these are not normal times.

Like so many other women in the United States, when I learned of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing, my first reaction was not grief but fear. I fear that American citizens are inching closer to living in a theocracy or dictatorship and that the checks meant to prevent this from happening are close to eroding beyond repair.

When Justice Ginsburg died, I knew immediately that action was needed on a scale we have not seen before. Our democracy has become so fragile that the loss of one of the last guardians of common sense and decency in government less than two months before a pivotal election has put our civil and reproductive rights in danger like never before. And, so, I have turned to Satanism.

Members of the Satanic Temple do not believe in the supernatural or superstition. In the same way that some Unitarians and some Jews do not believe in God, Satanic Temple members do not worship Satan and most are atheists. They are not affiliated in any way with the Church of Satan. Instead, the Satanic Temple uses the devil as a symbol of rebellion.

Just like other faiths, the Satanic Temple has a code that their members believe in deeply and use to guide their lives. These Seven Fundamental Tenets include that “one should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason,” that “the struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions,” and that “one’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.”

Reading through the Seven Tenets, I was struck by how closely they aligned with the unwritten code I had used to try to guide my own life for several years. I realized, happily, that these were my people and that I had been a Satanist for several years without even knowing it. When Justice Ginsburg’s death suddenly made combating the threats to reproductive rights and a government free from religious interference more urgent, I knew it was time to join them and support their conceptual and legal battles.

Even before Ginsburg’s death, the Supreme Court was unwilling to provide adequate protection for a woman’s right to choose and to control her body. The court was unwilling to keep church and state separate. Now, without her voice of reason on the court ― let alone her vote ― Roe v. Wade is in imminent danger of being overturned not based on legal arguments or scientific reasoning, but because of religious objections to what is a safe and necessary procedure for the women who seek it out after discussion with their physician. Ginsburg’s replacement is all but certain to be vehemently anti-choice, with one of the top contenders belonging to a sect that actually used the term “handmaid” to refer to some women until the popularity of the TV series “The Handmaid’s Tale” gave the term negative connotations.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2020, 08:45:36 PM »
Sources: Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court

(CNN)President Donald Trump intends to choose Amy Coney Barrett to be the new Supreme Court justice, according to multiple senior Republican sources with knowledge of the process.

In conversations with some senior Republican allies on the Hill, the White House is indicating that Barrett, a federal appellate judge and Notre Dame law professor, is the intended nominee, multiple sources said.

All sources cautioned that until it is announced by the President, there is always the possibility that Trump makes a last-minute change but the expectation is Barrett is the choice. He is scheduled to make the announcement on Saturday afternoon.

A former law clerk to the late right-wing beacon Justice Antonin Scalia, Barrett would tilt the balance of power on the court further to the right, possibly ahead of a consequential case on health care to be argued the week after Election Day. If her Senate confirmation is successful before the November election, the appointment would mark Trump's third Supreme Court pick in one presidential term, cementing a conservative stronghold in the court for a generation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/25/politics/donald-trump-amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court/index.html

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2020, 04:02:52 AM »
Get ready for the meltdown. 8)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Trump announces Amy Coney Barrett as nominee for Supreme Court seat
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2020, 02:40:50 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2020, 02:56:23 PM »
Trump names Amy Coney Barrett as his 3rd Supreme Court pick

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Saturday announced that he is nominating Amy Coney Barrett to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant when Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died on Sept. 18. The move was the first step in a rapid confirmation push aimed at having Barrett seated before the presidential election. If confirmed, she is likely to cement a conservative majority on the nation’s highest court for years to come.

Trump unveiled his choice, which was widely expected, to an audience of about 200 people in the White House Rose Garden.

“Today it is my honor to nominate one of our nation’s most brilliant and gifted legal minds to the Supreme Court,” Trump said. “She is a woman of unparalleled achievement, towering intellect, sterling credentials and unyielding loyalty to the Constitution, Judge Amy Coney Barrett.”

Trump described the nomination as one of his “highest and most important duties” and a “very proud moment indeed.” He also praised Ginsburg as a “legal giant” and a “pioneer for women.” The president was accompanied to the podium by his wife, Melania. Barrett was joined by her husband and their seven children. As they walked onto the stage, a large crowd of assembled VIPs that included Attorney General William Barr cheered.

Following Trump’s remarks, Barrett spoke to the crowd, describing herself as “deeply honored” by the selection.

“I fully understand that this is a momentous decision for a president, and if the Senate does me the honor of confirming me, I pledge to discharge the responsibilities of this job to the very best of my ability,” she said. “I love the United States, and I love the United States Constitution.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-picks-judge-amy-coney-barrett-210352386.html

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2020, 03:18:55 PM »
Trump names Amy Coney Barrett as his 3rd Supreme Court pick

If Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed by the Senate,  it will be interesting to see how she votes on matters pertaining to abortion. She's reputed to be anti-abortion.  Barrett has five biological children and two adopted children for Haiti. She is Catholic. It is good that she is fairly young IMO.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2020, 05:05:31 PM »
Get ready for mass left demonstrations in the streets, riots, etc.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2020, 05:37:08 PM »

There will not be Kavanaugh treatment of this judge. They will try and make an issue of her being Catholic, but will have to tread lightly. Pick is good as gold.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2020, 05:39:15 PM »

There will not be Kavanaugh treatment of this judge. They will try and make an issue of her being Catholic, but will have to tread lightly. Pick is good as gold.
Trump has the democrats backed into a corner with the election coming up.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2020, 06:58:42 PM »
If Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed by the Senate,  it will be interesting to see how she votes on matters pertaining to abortion. She's reputed to be anti-abortion.  Barrett has five biological children and two adopted children for Haiti. She is Catholic. It is good that she is fairly young IMO.

Okay, so you are most definitely a left-of-center guy...what's your thoughts, Prime? Are you supportive of this Supreme Court Justice pick?

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2020, 07:14:35 PM »

Trump has the democrats backed into a corner with the election coming up.

It’ll be something different from the Kavanaugh treatment but scurrilous nonetheless.

The MSM with construe aspects of her life that the average person finds commendable, admirable, or even amazing as deplorable, cynical, and contemptible.

There’s no limit to the perfidy of the left.

She has a career = she’s neglected her children
She adopted Haitians = she’s collected trophies
She married = she’s antigay, homophobic, part of the patriarchy, etc
She’s has seven kids = she doesn’t believe in climate change

And on and on…

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »

I think it might be worse. Not sure how but that’s my feeling. You have Roe v. Wade and the repeal of Obamacare on the libtards minds plus they’ll try to reel this out as long as possible. If Graham says they have the votes, they to skip everything else and take to the floor for the vote and confirmation

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2020, 04:10:17 AM »
They should just bring her up for a Senate vote.  There is nothing in the constitution that requires these hearings to trash the nominee.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2020, 05:13:42 AM »
Will the FBI drag their feet on the background check?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2020, 05:48:27 AM »
The Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pushed Me To Join The Satanic Temple
Huffington Post ^
Posted on 9/24/2020, 1:14:26 PM by TigerClaws

I am a 40-something attorney and mother who lives in a quiet neighborhood with a yard and a garage full of scooters and soccer balls. I often walk with my children to get ice cream and spend weekends hiking through a national park. I am not the type of person who would normally consider becoming a Satanist, but these are not normal times.

Like so many other women in the United States, when I learned of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing, my first reaction was not grief but fear. I fear that American citizens are inching closer to living in a theocracy or dictatorship and that the checks meant to prevent this from happening are close to eroding beyond repair.

When Justice Ginsburg died, I knew immediately that action was needed on a scale we have not seen before. Our democracy has become so fragile that the loss of one of the last guardians of common sense and decency in government less than two months before a pivotal election has put our civil and reproductive rights in danger like never before. And, so, I have turned to Satanism.

Members of the Satanic Temple do not believe in the supernatural or superstition. In the same way that some Unitarians and some Jews do not believe in God, Satanic Temple members do not worship Satan and most are atheists. They are not affiliated in any way with the Church of Satan. Instead, the Satanic Temple uses the devil as a symbol of rebellion.

Just like other faiths, the Satanic Temple has a code that their members believe in deeply and use to guide their lives. These Seven Fundamental Tenets include that “one should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason,” that “the struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions,” and that “one’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.”

Reading through the Seven Tenets, I was struck by how closely they aligned with the unwritten code I had used to try to guide my own life for several years. I realized, happily, that these were my people and that I had been a Satanist for several years without even knowing it. When Justice Ginsburg’s death suddenly made combating the threats to reproductive rights and a government free from religious interference more urgent, I knew it was time to join them and support their conceptual and legal battles.

Even before Ginsburg’s death, the Supreme Court was unwilling to provide adequate protection for a woman’s right to choose and to control her body. The court was unwilling to keep church and state separate. Now, without her voice of reason on the court ― let alone her vote ― Roe v. Wade is in imminent danger of being overturned not based on legal arguments or scientific reasoning, but because of religious objections to what is a safe and necessary procedure for the women who seek it out after discussion with their physician. Ginsburg’s replacement is all but certain to be vehemently anti-choice, with one of the top contenders belonging to a sect that actually used the term “handmaid” to refer to some women until the popularity of the TV series “The Handmaid’s Tale” gave the term negative connotations.

LOL Chris, where do you find this stuff at??  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2020, 07:33:00 AM »
Senator Tom Cotton - "The Senate will confirm her to the highest court in the land next month"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2020, 10:12:33 AM »
LOL Chris, where do you find this stuff at??  ;D

FreeRepublic.    ;) 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2020, 10:15:12 AM »
Everybody has some dirt in their past.  Some guy will come forward claiming she gave him a blowjob in high school.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2020, 10:24:54 AM »
I think it might be worse. Not sure how but that’s my feeling. You have Roe v. Wade and the repeal of Obamacare on the libtards minds plus they’ll try to reel this out as long as possible. If Graham says they have the votes, they to skip everything else and take to the floor for the vote and confirmation

Wrong Joe, they have no minds. Mindless sheep/libturd-shit 4 brains.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
Everybody has some dirt in their past.  Some guy will come forward claiming she gave him a blowjob in high school.
:D  I actually hope the libs do trash her right before the election and hurt their chances even more.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2020, 02:11:51 PM »

-Not sure being Catholic is much of an issue for most people today. President Kennedy was a Catholic. There was still a strong prejudice in the U.S. towards Catholics. What may be of concern to some is that Amy Coney Barrett is known to be anti-abortion.

Kenny made this statement when running for office:

"Are we going to admit to the world that a Jew can be elected Mayor of Dublin, a Protestant can be chosen Foreign Minister of France, a Moslem can be elected to the Israeli parliament—but a Catholic cannot be President of the United States? Are we going to admit to the world--worse still, are we going to admit to ourselves—that one-third of the American people is forever barred from the White House?"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2020, 07:24:02 PM »

What a dumbass statement Cruz (a certified moron)

I guess he's assumes that everyone is his party are morons too (which is a safe bet) or they would remember that Clinton and Obama nominated women to SCOTUS

Bush tried to nominate his personal attorney but that flamed out

This religious freak that Trump nominated is not a surprise.  Republicans have been talking about her for years

I'm looking forward to Republicans imposing their religious beliefs on the rest of the country

Plenty of Republicans get abortions every year just like plenty of fundies are cucked by the pool boys and are a fall down drunks in private while in public pontificating to the rest of us on how to live our lives.

I'm looking forward to all the stories of Republicans getting illegal abortion

Lots of laughs for the rest of us just like we're laughing at the latest fundie disgraced loser...Jerry Falwell Jr

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2020, 07:46:49 PM »
What a dumbass statement Cruz (a certified moron)

I guess he's assumes that everyone is his party are morons too (which is a safe bet) or they would remember that Clinton and Obama nominated women to SCOTUS

Bush tried to nominate his personal attorney but that flamed out

This religious freak that Trump nominated is not a surprise.  Republicans have been talking about her for years

I'm looking forward to Republicans imposing their religious beliefs on the rest of the country

Plenty of Republicans get abortions every year just like plenty of fundies are cucked by the pool boys and are a fall down drunks in private while in public pontificating to the rest of us on how to live our lives.

I'm looking forward to all the stories of Republicans getting illegal abortion

Lots of laughs for the rest of us just like we're laughing at the latest fundie disgraced loser...Jerry Falwell Jr
You realize we're laughing at you and not with you, right?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2020, 08:36:25 PM »

But BoB you are Italian & Roman Catholic .........so where is the problem  ::)