Author Topic: Sergio Olivia still big!  (Read 106661 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Sergio Olivia still big!
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2006, 08:52:48 PM »
dont worry its one of the pics thats already been posted.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2006, 08:54:47 PM »
Alright I can view it now he changed it. I have that pic but it is always impressive.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
Actually I think that one is high res and captures all over the Myths prowess! Thanks mr. Preston.
just push some weight!

CS

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2006, 09:48:31 PM »

I don't remember ever seeing that photo.

That looks to be from when he was around 30. He wasn't really at his peak there. He made gains so fast. He could probably wrap my workout belt around his waist twice.

Here's a funny Sergioism.
We had a desk top private pay phone in the gym and someone knocked it on the floor and it wasn't working so Sergio called for service on it. The service guy shows up and fixes the phone and then walks to the back of the gym to tell Sergio that there was a charge for the repair. Sergio refused to pay and the guy said he'd have to take the phone so he walked to the front to get the phone. Sergio ran up to the front with his bad knees and chased the guy down the stairs, out the door and the guy ran down the street screaming like a little bitch. He didn't take the phone and he never came back. Smart move on his part. He probably crapped his pants. I know I would have.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2006, 10:02:29 PM »
LOL,  That would've been scary for sure.  Like a Brhama bull , chasing you down. :o

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »
CS, why do you say taking Testosterone Cypionate ruined your joints? Would taking Sostenon been better?

This is the only stuff I took when I competed.  I took a cc a day for about 6 months.  Haven't taken anything since.  Got me strong as hell and no side effects at all.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2006, 11:25:33 PM »
This is the only stuff I took when I competed.  I took a cc a day for about 6 months.  Haven't taken anything since.  Got me strong as hell and no side effects at all.

Kieth... just curious which did you take Testosterone Cypionate or Sostenon? Iwas never able to handle even a small dose (1 cc a week) Testosterone Cypionate so I can't imagine taking 1 cc a day.
and keep moving!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2006, 11:29:19 PM »
Kieth... just curious which did you take Testosterone Cypionate or Sostenon? Iwas never able to handle even a small dose (1 cc a week) Testosterone Cypionate so I can't imagine taking 1 cc a day.
  No just cyp.  Ray was so amazed how much I took and wasn't effected negatively at all even with the tempr thing.  He called Dave Procop who at the time was doing an article on the use of steroids and their affect on the users minds and increasing temper.  So he called me at the gym and interviewed me over the phone just asking me some questions.  I'm not even sure they made it in the article.  But I took it pretty reliously for 6 months prior to the Worlds.  After that I just quit and never touched a thing again.  And in the mid 90's I was getting as strong as I was when I was taking 10 years before.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2006, 12:09:54 AM »
  No just cyp.  Ray was so amazed how much I took and wasn't effected negatively at all even with the tempr thing.  He called Dave Procop who at the time was doing an article on the use of steroids and their affect on the users minds and increasing temper.  So he called me at the gym and interviewed me over the phone just asking me some questions.  I'm not even sure they made it in the article.  But I took it pretty reliously for 6 months prior to the Worlds.  After that I just quit and never touched a thing again.  And in the mid 90's I was getting as strong as I was when I was taking 10 years before.

Like I said I could never even take 1cc a week of Cyp. I'd get 400-500 huge zits on my back, chest and shoulders... horrible. I don't know how people get away with it.
and keep moving!

sammy1980

• Getbig II
  • congrats to the new mr o: melvin anthony
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2006, 03:35:27 AM »
CS: what did you and sergio do for chest and other body parts? what was sergios favourite exercises?
what rep ranges did you guys use? CS this is a fucking nice thread...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2006, 04:44:56 AM »
I posted the better pics on Iron Age years ago because they kept using the same lame ones over and over again. PM'd them suggesting that he deserved better pics but of course they didn't listen so I just posted them.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2006, 04:55:34 AM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2006, 10:20:01 AM »
someone who saw sergio train said he was a big beleiver in half or partial reps,they said when he benched he only went up around halfway and did that on most of his exercises,i guess his body responded to these half movements very well,after all,sergio was a monster and it worked all to well
R

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2006, 04:35:37 PM »
Excellent info & stories CS.

Of all the Original Greats, I don't recall ever having seen Sergio in person... even once.

Arnold, Nubret, Robby, Danny, Franco, Scott, Zane, Mentzer, Platz, Draper, Corney, Clancy Ross, Grymko, Waller, Zabo, Vince Goronda... but I don't think I've ever seen Sergio, strange.

Thanks again for the great action.

-Tom

Who impressed you the most and why?
just push some weight!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2006, 05:02:52 PM »
someone who saw sergio train said he was a big beleiver in half or partial reps,they said when he benched he only went up around halfway and did that on most of his exercises,i guess his body responded to these half movements very well,after all,sergio was a monster and it worked all to well

I guess he wasn't Animal ;D

RobertForbes

• Getbig II
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2006, 05:08:15 PM »
Has anyone here actually tried only going up half way?...It makes the bench press movement much harder.
ww.strength-oldschool.com

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2006, 05:24:12 PM »
Has anyone here actually tried only going up half way?...It makes the bench press movement much harder.

i tried that once,doing the 21 method,i went 7 reps half way up,seven from half way to lock out,then 7 full which i couldnt complete,lol,it was brutal but what a pump
R

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2006, 06:00:37 PM »
Who impressed you the most and why?

I've got to say Grymko. He was in near top shape at the time, 1982-83, I think. I was young and his size and vascularity was just insane.

Most of those that I listed, were no longer in their best condition, so it's kind of a tough question to answer. I'd see Arnold all the time at Oak Productions on Main Street, but he was far from big. I've seen Robby in good but not best condition. Draper was very cool when I meet him.

Padilla, Nubret, Zane.. were all pretty cool, but no longer in their prime shape, but friendly & laid back.

It's just weird that in all the years of contest, awards ceremonies, training, Expos, seminars, etc, I've still never seen Sergio. Weird.
a

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »
grymco always impressed me with those huge ass delts,that one famous shot of him outside golds is awesome
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2006, 06:06:59 PM »
R

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2006, 08:05:49 PM »

His lower pecs look kind of odd :-\

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »
His lower pecs look kind of odd :-\

Like a woman's breast odd?
just push some weight!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2006, 08:26:39 PM »
Like a woman's breast odd?

Maybe so :'(

CS

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2006, 08:48:33 PM »
Sergio only did partial reps when he was having problems with his shoulders since his range of motion was screwed up. Sergio trained pretty much like everyone else but very intense. As I said before, there was no science. It was pure instinct. Look at the guy. He was a f*cking monster at a time when bodybuilders weren't all
that big. He was so ahead of his time. Imagine what he'd look like with a little GH. As far as I know he never took any.

There was no screwing around when he trained and he hated interuptions. Don't we all? One good tip I can give you is stay
focused and don't spend your time in the gym socializing.

Over the years I heard a lot of, I heard
Sergio did this and someone told me Sergio did that. I also hear a lot of oh, I know Sergio, we were good friends and if you asked Sergio if he knew the guy he'd shake his head no.
 Everyone knows him or would like to. He's the kind of guy you'd love to sit down with and ask a million questions.

I remember once some guy came to the front desk at the gym
 and Sergio and I were just sitting there talking
and all of a sudden he starts asking us about steroids. Now we don't even know who this guy is. I think he had just joined.
Sergio looked at me, winked and then pretended to fall asleep,
leaving me to listen to this asshole go on and on. Every so often one of his eyes would open a little and he'd smile when the guy wasn't looking.
We had guys join because they wanted to take steroids
and thought that was part of the membership.
Boy,were they disappointed.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »
Great stories CS.   Keep throwing stuff in when you have time.   
 Maybe you can get Sergio to post in this thread.?  I talked with him at length at the Olympia expo, maybe we could see him there this year again.