Author Topic: Rove calls Obama 'articulate' during Little Rock speech  (Read 2176 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Rove calls Obama 'articulate' during Little Rock speech
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:47:28 AM »
I think he should speak Ebonics, just to throw people off.   :)

Rove calls Obama 'articulate' during Little Rock speech

07:22 PM CST on Thursday, March 8, 2007
Associated Press

LITTLE ROCK – Only two months after a rival to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama did it, presidential adviser Karl Rove used the "a-word" Thursday when describing the U.S. senator from Illinois: articulate.

"He's charismatic, he's articulate, he's a very strong figure on the national stage," Rove told a crowd at an event planned by the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service. "But something tells me that people are going to say (they want) experience and depth. As a result it's going to be, 'Can he live up to the standards?"'

Articulate seems to be a word following Obama, a black, first-term Illinois senator. U.S. Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, a Democratic presidential hopeful, described Obama to the New York Observer in January as, among presidential candidates, "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Biden later apologized for his remarks.

President Bush also referred to Obama as "an attractive guy, he's articulate" during a January interview on Fox News Channel.

While Biden's comments came as a descriptor to Obama's race, Rove used the term as describing Obama as a candidate as Bush used it to describe him as a person. After the Biden remarks, Obama cautioned that they could be taken as disparaging toward previous black presidential candidates, including Carol Moseley Braun, Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

A staffer with Obama's campaign did not immediately return a request for comment.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/030907dnwashrove.2ab2395.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Rove calls Obama 'articulate' during Little Rock speech
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:01:36 AM »
Race is such a stupid issue.

It is being used to cloud important issues, like US global expansion, excessive borrowing, a collapsing health care and social security system, and a world that hates us.

Anyone who puts more thought into race than stances on these issues should re-prioritize things.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:12:34 AM »
I think he should speak Ebonics, just to throw people off.   :)

was this a joke by the way?

I'm guessing it's a joke you wouldn't use in a bar full of African-Americans.

Must be an emasculating moment right now, as everyone here realizes your one of those folks who makes borderline-racist comments using the cloak of anonymity that you wouldn't dream of using in real life. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:31:15 AM »
was this a joke by the way?

I'm guessing it's a joke you wouldn't use in a bar full of African-Americans.

Must be an emasculating moment right now, as everyone here realizes your one of those folks who makes borderline-racist comments using the cloak of anonymity that you wouldn't dream of using in real life. 

1.  Yes it was a joke.   ::)

2.  I don't drink and rarely go to bars.  In any event, there are no bars full of African-Americans in Hawaii. 

3.  Because I apparently hurt your feelings, I take back my insensitive comments and I hope I didn't offend our Halfrican American candidate for president. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 10:12:06 AM »
1.  Yes it was a joke.   ::)

2.  I don't drink and rarely go to bars.  In any event, there are no bars full of African-Americans in Hawaii. 

3.  Because I apparently hurt your feelings, I take back my insensitive comments and I hope I didn't offend our Halfrican American candidate for president. 

You make an ebonics joke then refer to Obama using that name.

Everyone on getbig knows you wouldn't use these phrases in front of ONE african-american man.

Just another racist with king kong balls on the web.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 10:22:56 AM »
You make an ebonics joke then refer to Obama using that name.

Everyone on getbig knows you wouldn't use these phrases in front of ONE african-american man.

Just another racist with king kong balls on the web.

1.  Yes.  And? 

2.  You mean like I did last week? 

3.  You're right about the "king kong balls" part, but dead wrong about the rest. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
1.  Yes.  And? 

2.  You mean like I did last week? 

3.  You're right about the "king kong balls" part, but dead wrong about the rest. 

Well you're a proud racist, I'll give you that.  No shame in your game.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 10:27:05 AM »
Well you're a proud racist, I'll give you that.  No shame in your game.

Hey you are improving.  Partially correct again:  no shame in my game.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »
Hey you are improving.  Partially correct again:  no shame in my game.   :)

dropout college professor business owner proud racist.

why would anyone be ashamed of that?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »

I'm really curious 240,  do you really believe that or is this just a part of your and his aggressive ongoing debate?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 10:46:48 AM »
I'm really curious 240,  do you really believe that or is this just a part of your and his aggressive ongoing debate?

he's told us he dropped out.  He's told us he was a "university" professor.

I believe he strongly dislikes african-americans, yet.  He uses slurs that many do consider offensive.  He continually posts articles which disparage african-americans.  He says things we all know he wouldn't say in front of an african-american stranger.

it's probably not 'hate' racism.  probably just the confused, trained dislike kind of racism that many 38 year olds have.  It puts a nasty little stain on the political board, and I don't like it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »

Hey guess what I just got in the mail?  My student course evaluations for fall 2006 and the composite data.  I am very humbled.  Much better than I deserve. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »
he's told us he dropped out.  He's told us he was a "university" professor.

I believe he strongly dislikes african-americans, yet.  He uses slurs that many do consider offensive.  He continually posts articles which disparage african-americans.  He says things we all know he wouldn't say in front of an african-american stranger.

it's probably not 'hate' racism.  probably just the confused, trained dislike kind of racism that many 38 year olds have.  It puts a nasty little stain on the political board, and I don't like it.

lol.  Somebody get this man a box of tissue.   :'(  I know this will be disappointing to you, being the president of my fan club and all, but I really don't care what you think.

You remind me of a child who repeats a lie so much they actually believe it is true.  It is very amusing.   :)