Author Topic: 40 y/o track coach marries 16 y/o student athlete...  (Read 14581 times)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: 40 y/o track coach marries 16 y/o student athlete...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:03:30 AM »
Big freaking deal. At least their daughter is alive and happy and not on drugs. She'll leave the guy in a couple of years anyway.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

When I first saw the title, I just knew it was going to be a story from Idaho or Utah.

And it's from MY home state - ack!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »
She's ugly anyway.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:05:29 AM »
Big freaking deal. At least their daughter is alive and happy and not on drugs. She'll leave the guy in a couple of years anyway.
lol, so true...but at least this way he can screw her w/o worring about going to jail.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 10:17:23 AM »
Sick...   :-X

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3305652&page=1

As an experienced high school teacher and former coach of many years, let me say hat what this man did is flat out wrong and against  every ethical standard in education. I am just glad he resigned and saved the school district the hassle and legal fees.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »
As an experienced high school teacher and former coach of many years, let me say hat what this man did is flat out wrong and against  every ethical standard in education. I am just glad he resigned and saved the school district the hassle and legal fees.

Shut up Howie, you're just pissed that none of your students likes physics geeks.  ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 10:29:18 AM »
Shut up Howie, you're just pissed that none of your students likes physics geeks.  ;D

LOL, ok, ok....
But seriously as an educator you just can't ever take any serious sexual relationship moves towards any student. It is called professional distance and must be maintained at all times.
I have two fellow coaches ( now out of teaching that did this crap).
One was in La and he was a track coach, but liked JR HS boys that ran.
He was a 4 min miler in college and did not look/act gaye. I almost fell over when I saw his mugshot on the local news .

The other guy was a coach at my school here in Ga. He was a good guy and a beloved coach. He got divorced and started dating one of the 16 yr old girls at the school. He got walked out of the school in cuffs (ie perp walk) and some of the other male teachers in the school even hinted it was more "HER" fault.
I was fairly outspoken to them that as adult male teachers it was part of our job to be proper role models via our actions at school. The girl ended up in my physics class the next school year and I went out of my way to inform her that she was welcome in my class and I would not look down on her for what she had been involved in. She did ok and is at a major university now.

What people do or say in private with other ADULTS is their business , so long as nobody gets hurt.
However, what teachers do with students is public business.!!!!
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 10:43:08 AM »

Do you remember being 16? Can you say with any honesty that you had a clue when you were 16?

It's clearly messed up when a 40 y/o man can't meet a woman within 20 years of his age to co-exist with. If you don't think so....well....

The funniest thing about your post is that you assume too much. The only thing you can say with certainty is she's alive LOL.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »
LOL, ok, ok....
But seriously as an educator you just can't ever take any serious sexual relationship moves towards any student. It is called professional distance and must be maintained at all times.
He was a 4 min miler in college and did not look/act gaye. I almost fell over when I saw his mugshot on the local news .

The other guy was a coach at my school here in Ga. He was a good guy and a beloved coach. He got divorced and started dating one of the 16 yr old girls at the school. He got walked out of the school in cuffs (ie perp walk) and some of the other male teachers in the school even hinted it was more "HER" fault.
I was fairly outspoken to them that as adult male teachers it was part of our job to be proper role models via our actions at school. The girl ended up in my physics class the next school year and I went out of my way to inform her that she was welcome in my class and I would not look down on her for what she had been involved in. She did ok and is at a major university now.

What people do or say in private with other ADULTS is their business , so long as nobody gets hurt.
Howard

My school had a slut like that, cost a coach his job. She should have been banished from the school,  spread her legs for anything that had a long rod at the end of it.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »
When I was a teen....I thought I knew everything

you know...I was right

;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »
You guys are thinking with your little heads. If all this guy wanted to do was get laid he surely went a long way to do it by quiting his job and getting married. It's obviously legal in that state with the parents consent so now it is no one's business but theirs. I suggest if you have a problem with it now then you petition the state to have the law changed.

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »
I don't know what the emancipation laws are in that state, but if it's like California and she went to court to get emacipated, she's just as legal as any adult.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 11:36:04 AM »
As a high school teacher, coach and father I must say this is very disturbing. What kind of relationship can a 40 year old possibly have with a 16 year old? This is truly sick. I wonder how some pf these people make it into our profession in the first place. I hate to admit it, but I think there needs to be some kind of psycholocigal/psychiatric screening put in place to weed teachers like this out. Fortunately my kids will be able to go to school where I teach so that I can keep an eye out for things like this.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »

Mind if I ask if you have kids?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 11:41:24 AM »
LOL, ok, ok....

Howard
Hey Howie, at which school do you teach? I remember you were in Gwinnett County.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »
Mind if I ask if you have kids?

Not at all, I have a 15 year old boy. I know there's another question coming.  ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 11:57:40 AM »
Translation: I'm 45 and my wife of five years is 21.  ;)

Damn bro, got a  ways to go till I'm 45.  :(  ;D  My friends grandparents got married when they were young. She was 14 if I remember correctly and he was 28. He was 92 when he died so they were married a long time.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 12:01:08 PM »
ahahah good for them. i dont plan on getting married till im 40+ and ideally then to a nice 18-20 year old so whats the big deal?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »
As a high school teacher, coach and father I must say this is very disturbing. What kind of relationship can a 40 year old possibly have with a 16 year old? This is truly sick. I wonder how some pf these people make it into our profession in the first place. I hate to admit it, but I think there needs to be some kind of psycholocigal/psychiatric screening put in place to weed teachers like this out. Fortunately my kids will be able to go to school where I teach so that I can keep an eye out for things like this.

Monster truth.

The guy should be chucked into prison for seducing such a young girl.

BDG

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »
Not at all, I have a 15 year old boy. I know there's another question coming.  ;D
Because I know what you will say if I ask the standard wuastion what would happen if a 40 year old female had sex with your 16 year old kid...

What if your son's soccer coach had sex with him.......  But he loves him and wants to marry him?....?

Now I know you are thinking but my son isn't gay, but you have to think that way. WHY?

As a father of 2 boys and a girl, if some 40 year old put his hands on any of my kids (REGARDLESS of the Sex), I would put that person in the hospital or in the east river.

The only crime I can not forgive is taking the innocence from a child.
This is disgusting, and an abuse of position and trust by the "coach".
OSC

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 12:39:58 PM »
Because I know what you will say if I ask the standard wuastion what would happen if a 40 year old female had sex with your 16 year old kid...

What if your son's soccer coach had sex with him.......  But he loves him and wants to marry him?....?

Now I know you are thinking but my son isn't gay, but you have to think that way. WHY?

As a father of 2 boys and a girl, if some 40 year old put his hands on any of my kids (REGARDLESS of the Sex), I would put that person in the hospital or in the east river.

The only crime I can not forgive is taking the innocence from a child.
This is disgusting, and an abuse of position and trust by the "coach".

I agree with everything that you said, but what's this got to do with sex?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »
That's just not right.

The girl isn't even hot.

The parents are idiots.

They should have sent her off to military school.

My two cents.
BigNationRadio.com

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 12:52:13 PM »
I agree with everything that you said, but what's this got to do with sex?

It's got less to do with sex than any other part of it. I'm not saying it's unlawful, but it's still wrong. Just because a state says it's lawful doesn't mean it's ok.

I mean you can sever your penis and NY state can do nothing about it. They can't jail you, but there would certainly be something wrong with you, no?

Answer me this: why can't he find someone 18, preferably 21+ to be with. Why can't he have waited until this young lady was of age, and out of his school system to have pursued her? He's fucked up, that's why.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »
It's got less to do with sex than any other part of it. I'm not saying it's unlawful, but it's still wrong. Just because a state says it's lawful doesn't mean it's ok.

I mean you can sever your penis and NY state can do nothing about it. They can't jail you, but there would certainly be something wrong with you, no?

Answer me this: why can't he find someone 18, preferably 21+ to be with. Why can't he have waited until this young lady was of age, and out of his school system to have pursued her? He's fucked up, that's why.

For you to say that it's wrong is just an opinion and you are entitled to it. Maybe they could have waited but they didn't. Do you think that it would have been totally OK for them if she was 18? What if she was 18 and he was 75?

Cutting off one's own penis may not be unlawfull, but it could and probabley would have you winding up in a nuthouse for observation for 30 days.