Author Topic: would that be possible to get 20" arm without drugs?  (Read 15567 times)

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
would that be possible to get 20" arm without drugs?
« on: April 06, 2019, 09:35:54 AM »
im at 18 now, anyone having 20" arm could share some lessons?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: would that be possible to get 20" arm without drugs?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 09:41:19 AM »

to answer your question - NO (when we are talking about 20 inch arm.... we are talking nice shaped jacked arm)we are not talking SEC football offensive of line 330lbs with a 20 inch arm.

I am an arm obsessed gym bro (biceps, abs and qauds define a build if you ask me)

it is hard to get over 20 without supplementation unless you are a genetic freak. maybe arnold wouldnt have hit 20s without the right protocol? we dont know.

plus going from 18-20 is the final frontier too. going from 14 inches to 16 inches is simple. 16 inches to 18 inches is simple

but 18-20 inches.. its another level of difficulty. you just need to get overall bigger to get there. i would estimate you will need to add 30lbs-35lbs of total bodyweight to hit 20 inch arms.

I had to get up to 240lbs to hit the 20 inch arm mark.  

also learn how to pose. flexing is another way to add size to your arms. pose a like a fucking boss too.

good luck

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 10:19:57 AM »
I’m no bodybuilder and don’t do any juice anymore last time was 13-14 years ago.training arms is an obsession of mine I am 6’1.5” 238 this morning and left arm is 21.25” not ripped but bicep vein is visible and so is horseshoe.Heavy ass hammers and barbell curls,heavy narrow grips and dips.Also try doing arms 1,2,3 times a week then train them every day for a while then once every 10 days also try which taco highly recommends the feeders as I believe they work just my joints couldn’t handle it.I eat what I want most the time and don’t care to be ripped or have a 6 pack just like big arms with a visible bi vein and horseshoe,obviously if I got really lean I would lose size but I have no plans to do so.My arms were 20” before starting any juice at 21 and went to 22 cold at 250-260 and since no juice for a long time they fluctuate between 20.5”-21.5” depending on weight 225-245.

My current arm routine which I think is the best arm routine is

Superset 3 rope pressdowns with 3 seated 2 arm straight up dumbbell curls.50s,60s,70s
Superset 3 dips with 2 arm dumbbell incline curls straight up.40s,50s,60s
Superset 3 skulls with 2 arm dumbbell spider curls supinating.40s,45s,50s
4 sets of seated hammers 70,80,90,100s
4 sets of ngb 225,275,315,315. These weights were used at most recent arm workout sometimes heavier and sometimes lighter.

I take every set to failure.reps between 3-100.

I take a scoop of beer root powder an hour before and the pump is retarded usually pump to 22-22.25”.
40 years old and love training arms.
Just my .02

I imagine a ripped 20” arm will take some juice or extreme genetics.Unless competing fuck drugs.

Prudence

• Getbig IV
  • Not straight..but more importantly--not a gimmick.

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 10:42:05 AM »
to answer your question - NO (when we are talking about 20 inch arm.... we are talking nice shaped jacked arm)we are not talking SEC football offensive of line 330lbs with a 20 inch arm.

I am an arm obsessed gym bro (biceps, abs and qauds define a build if you ask me)

it is hard to get over 20 without supplementation unless you are a genetic freak. maybe arnold wouldnt have hit 20s without the right protocol? we dont know.

plus going from 18-20 is the final frontier too. going from 14 inches to 16 inches is simple. 16 inches to 18 inches is simple

but 18-20 inches.. its another level of difficulty. you just need to get overall bigger to get there. i would estimate you will need to add 30lbs-35lbs of total bodyweight to hit 20 inch arms.

I had to get up to 240lbs to hit the 20 inch arm mark.  

also learn how to pose. flexing is another way to add size to your arms. pose a like a fucking boss too.

good luck

I Was able to make it to 17 inches after a good cycle, and know back to 14, total natty for years. Only Natty, by the way, cause I dont wanna pay 300 bucks to a clinic, and dont know anyone with real Test, here in Fla . So, you gotta be a freak to reach 20, but of course its possible

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »
You don't need 20 inch arms to look good.

16-17 inch arms that are defined look really good.

20 inch arms would look ridiculous if they are not proportional to the rest of your body.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 11:01:06 AM »
I’m no bodybuilder and don’t do any juice anymore last time was 13-14 years ago.training arms is an obsession of mine I am 6’1.5” 238 this morning and left arm is 21.25” not ripped but bicep vein is visible and so is horseshoe.Heavy ass hammers and barbell curls,heavy narrow grips and dips.Also try doing arms 1,2,3 times a week then train them every day for a while then once every 10 days also try which taco highly recommends the feeders as I believe they work just my joints couldn’t handle it.I eat what I want most the time and don’t care to be ripped or have a 6 pack just like big arms with a visible bi vein and horseshoe,obviously if I got really lean I would lose size but I have no plans to do so.My arms were 20” before starting any juice at 21 and went to 22 cold at 250-260 and since no juice for a long time they fluctuate between 20.5”-21.5” depending on weight 225-245.

My current arm routine which I think is the best arm routine is

Superset 3 rope pressdowns with 3 seated 2 arm straight up dumbbell curls.50s,60s,70s
Superset 3 dips with 2 arm dumbbell incline curls straight up.40s,50s,60s
Superset 3 skulls with 2 arm dumbbell spider curls supinating.40s,45s,50s
4 sets of seated hammers 70,80,90,100s
4 sets of ngb 225,275,315,315. These weights were used at most recent arm workout sometimes heavier and sometimes lighter.

I take every set to failure.reps between 3-100.

I take a scoop of beer root powder an hour before and the pump is retarded usually pump to 22-22.25”.
40 years old and love training arms.
Just my .02

I imagine a ripped 20” arm will take some juice or extreme genetics.Unless competing fuck drugs.

I used to train biceps with chest, and triceps after back or shoulders.  My tri's were good, but biceps were stubborn.  Then I read an article in MM2K, I think it was by T.C. or that strength coach that used to write for the mag.  I was an arm blitz routine for a month where you did one exercise of bi's and one for tri's three times a week.  My arms responded great to it, and it made me shift from a 4 day split to a 5 day with arms having their own day.  

I found that super-setting like you do works best for me, but I do deviate a little bit in that I do the last portion as supersets of the the same bodypart.  Here's an example copied and pasted from day 3 of week 7 from my new program which starts tomorrow.  

*Barbell Curls
s.s. w/ Pushdowns

*Incline Dumbbell Curls
s.s. w/ Skull Crushers

*Close Grip Bench
s.s. w/ Overhead Rope Exts.

*Machine Preacher Curls
s.s. w/ Hammer Dbell Curls

Reverse Wrist Curls

Within each 12 weeks I try to find 2 weeks to rearrange my split back to a 4 days while doing the 3 day arm blitz for a week again...ideally around weeks 3 or 4, and 8 or 9.  Just depends on if things are scheduled that make it impossible to do.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 11:07:28 AM »
I used to train biceps with chest, and triceps after back or shoulders.  My tri's were good, but biceps were stubborn.  Then I read an article in MM2K, I think it was by T.C. or that strength coach that used to write for the mag.  I was an arm blitz routine for a month where you did one exercise of bi's and one for tri's three times a week.  My arms responded great to it, and it made me shift from a 4 day split to a 5 day with arms having their own day.  

I found that super-setting like you do works best for me, but I do deviate a little bit in that I do the last portion as supersets of the the same bodypart.  Here's an example copied and pasted from day 3 of week 7 from my new program which starts tomorrow.  

*Barbell Curls
s.s. w/ Pushdowns

*Incline Dumbbell Curls
s.s. w/ Skull Crushers

*Close Grip Bench
s.s. w/ Overhead Rope Exts.

*Machine Preacher Curls
s.s. w/ Hammer Dbell Curls

Reverse Wrist Curls

Within each 12 weeks I try to find 2 weeks to rearrange my split back to a 4 days while doing the 3 day arm blitz for a week again...ideally around weeks 3 or 4, and 8 or 9.  Just depends on if things are scheduled that make it impossible to do.

So you superset tris with tris and bis with bis at the end?Hows that work out for you?

Yeah I do day 1 bis,tris,abs and calves.Day 2 chest abs calves,day 3 back abs calves day 4 shoulders,traps and light upper legs.

Forearms I do a separate day for 20 minutes stand up cable wrist curls on the pull down station superset with barbel wrist curls for 6 rounds then reverse wrist curls barbell to dumbbells for 6 rounds and the pump is almost unbearable.Try doing wrist curls on the lat pull down station or any high pulley like you are riding a bike with ape hangers these feel amazing.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 11:17:31 AM »
          depends on your height and bone structure. big difference between a 5 ft 2 guy and one 6 ft 6. it's about appearance not measurement.
F

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 11:23:08 AM »

20 inch arms would look ridiculous if they are not proportional to the rest of your body.

20" is pretty much impossible for someone my height.  I think the biggest I've ever measured at was 17.5 cold when I was 203 and 11-12% depending on who measured me.  I'm heading into my 4th month of being back in the gym, and haven't curled a dumbbell over 30's yet, and I'm at 15.75 right now at a chubby 191.1 this morning.  No bicep vein unless training, but horseshoe is there and forearms are starting to show......I'll have a better idea where I'm at when I pull a Mike Mentzer with the clippers in a couple of days.  LOL!  

I'm a furry little creature...

Goal is to get to 180-185 @ 12% with 16.5 arms in 12 weeks which would match my calves currently.  We'll see what happens.  Matching my calves will never happen as once I start squatting heavy they'll grow past where I'm at now.  I haven't had direct calf training planned in my routine for ages.  People ask what I do for calves, and I just tell them "I squat heavy for reps, and put my snacks on the top shelves"  ;)  I'm debating on whether to do a journal on here or not. :-\

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 11:41:21 AM »
So you superset tris with tris and bis with bis at the end?Hows that work out for you?

Yeah I do day 1 bis,tris,abs and calves.Day 2 chest abs calves,day 3 back abs calves day 4 shoulders,traps and light upper legs.

Forearms I do a separate day for 20 minutes stand up cable wrist curls on the pull down station superset with barbel wrist curls for 6 rounds then reverse wrist curls barbell to dumbbells for 6 rounds and the pump is almost unbearable.Try doing wrist curls on the lat pull down station or any high pulley like you are riding a bike with ape hangers these feel amazing.

It works amazing for me bro!  What I found doing it all like you do is that I would peter out by the last superset for both body parts.  My tri's are better than my biceps and they come into play during chest and shoulders, whereas biceps only come into play while doing back.  Going straight into the superset for tri's at the end finishes them off with an insane pump, while giving my biceps a rest for however long it takes me to do that tricep superset.....arms take me about an hour exactly so it's probably 10-15 minutes.  However, the pump in my bi's is still there and they're already warmed up so it allows me to finish out biceps with heavier weight/more reps than I could use when I used to do it like you do.  Try it sometime, and let me know what you think.  If you feel your tri's are your strong point like me than do it how I laid it out.  If your bi's are your strong point, just change the order of the last two supersets so that you finish with the tricep one.

Just curious on the forearm stuff you do....do you deadlift and do barbell/t-bar rows, and/or are forearms a weak point for you?  That's a lot of shit for forearms IMO.  Honestly, even though that's in my program, I rarely end up doing them.  The different variations of curls I do to hit brachs seems to be enough usually.   I do plan to change that during this next 12 weeks though, as everything except my calves needs to change big time :'(, and coming back from my biceps tear I'm VERY apprehensive about all things back related, especially deads.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 11:42:44 AM »
20" is pretty much impossible for someone my height.  I think the biggest I've ever measured at was 17.5 cold when I was 203 and 11-12% depending on who measured me.  I'm heading into my 4th month of being back in the gym, and haven't curled a dumbbell over 30's yet, and I'm at 15.75 right now at a chubby 191.1 this morning.  No bicep vein unless training, but horseshoe is there and forearms are starting to show......I'll have a better idea where I'm at when I pull a Mike Mentzer with the clippers in a couple of days.  LOL!  

I'm a furry little creature...

We still love ya myt1!
Q

Prudence

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 11:47:47 AM »
Kwon---I love YOU.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »
Kwon---I love YOU.

No, you're a fegget.

Drop dead you aids-ridden filth!
Q

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »
We still love ya myt1!

Thanks Kwon!  Enough to shave my back though, cuz this mini-wookie can't reach?  LOL!

Prudence

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 12:04:53 PM »
Meanie.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »
"also learn how to pose. flexing is another way to add size to your arms"

awesome! now i dont have to go to the gym

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 12:30:51 PM »
"also learn how to pose. flexing is another way to add size to your arms"

awesome! now i dont have to go to the gym

that is the place to pose! go to the front desk,  get the key to the posing room - and hit some front double biceps :)

but yes posing is one of the final tools to get into peak condition 

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »

exactly -

Metzer had 18s max? according this forum?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 12:44:23 PM »
I was at 19... but at 6'3 tall

20 I feel would be pretty hard or impossible for me. But sure some freaks out there with naturally high test levels etc may be able to do 20

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 12:52:25 PM »
try telling your arms this

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 01:10:06 PM »
Visualize your biceps as the peak of mountains.

The power of the mind over matter shall make them thus.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »
try telling your arms this

it actually does work

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »
it actually does work

I just tried.  My right bicep twitched so I re-measured....no change >:(

Maybe I need to do a few more mental reps and sets? ;)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 02:13:15 PM »
well my arms are 1 inch bigger since this morning, thanks guys!