Author Topic: Covid 19 - Coronavirus - Two Words - "Mystery" and "Virus" from China  (Read 418577 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - Two Words - "Mystery" and "Virus" from China
« Reply #1225 on: January 01, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »
You'd have like 5 posts left if you did that  ;D

Ain’t that the truth.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1226 on: January 01, 2021, 03:17:49 PM »
You'd have like 5 posts left if you did that  ;D

I only remove them when I agree the post is incorrect. A personal opinion is never wrong just because someone disagrees with it.  ;)

Posts can also be removed by the mods at their discretion, usually for a rule violation. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1229 on: January 09, 2021, 06:13:02 PM »
    California sees record deaths
    Nevada suffers deadliest week yet
    US sees record 310K new cases
    NJ reported nearly 20K new cases
    CA reports 50K cases
    UK, Germany daily deaths top 1K
    UK tops 3MM cases
    UK deaths top 80K
    Portugal reports 9K+ cases
    Japan may extend emergency order
    China moves to expedite vaccinations

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1230 on: January 09, 2021, 06:13:42 PM »
This chart seems legit. Doesn't correspond to the election at all... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1232 on: January 13, 2021, 04:17:18 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/moderna-ceo-says-the-world-will-have-to-live-with-the-coronavirus-forever.html

>:(

Like the flu or the cold? Yeah, no shit. Weak.

Humankind have 30,000 years of fighting viruses under our belt. These people either need to admit this is a weaponized version or a political agenda. Anything that starts with the end in mind seems to be the latter.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1233 on: January 13, 2021, 04:50:37 PM »

Like the flu or the cold? Yeah, no shit. Weak.

Humankind have 30,000 years of fighting viruses under our belt. These people either need to admit this is a weaponized version or a political agenda. Anything that starts with the end in mind seems to be the latter.

This was all a hoax to oust Trump

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1234 on: January 13, 2021, 05:19:27 PM »
This was all a hoax to oust Trump

4000 people died yesterday.  In one week we'll pass last years (2019) total flu deaths.  Please, ride the subway sans the mask. 

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1235 on: January 13, 2021, 05:23:23 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1237 on: January 13, 2021, 06:01:30 PM »
So no different from the other 4 or 5 seasonal coronaviruses then.

So sick of this crap

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1238 on: January 13, 2021, 06:05:08 PM »
So no different from 9/11.

Exactly.  No big deal.  3000 people here 4000 there.  Aint no thing but a chick wing.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1239 on: January 13, 2021, 08:30:41 PM »
When Covid 20 hits, the whole of the world should just crawl in a hole and die.  ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1240 on: January 13, 2021, 10:23:11 PM »
4000 people died yesterday.  In one week we'll pass last years (2019) total flu deaths.  Please, ride the subway sans the mask.

Even if we used the high-end figure for COVID deaths yesterday [4,406], that would equal 1,608,190 deaths in the USA in a year.

The CDC states that only 6% of those deaths are COVID-only deaths.  Although if we include a comorbidity such as pneumonia, it would seem likely to me that COVID and pneumonia are associated in some way.

On the extreme end, let's take lung cancer.  Can that fairly be related to COVID in some way?  I would think that despite being a clear separate disease [in the case of lifetime smokers, for example - I acknowledge that not all lung cancer victims smoke/smoked], it may be related to COVID.

So my mathematical intuition tells me that about 12% of "COVID deaths" are actually COVID-only.  Obviously a person who had Stage IV cancer and died with COVID can't really be said to have died solely because of COVID, and playing fast and loose with the numbers like that is disingenuous at best.  I would call that medicine playing politics at worst.

So let's say that about 12% of the people who die of COVID this year [assuming yesterday's death toll becomes the daily average for 2021, which is unlikely, as these numbers will subside as the weather gets warmer], then we would have 192,983 deaths.

You posted the flu deaths last month in another thread [the Pfizer vaccine thread, IIRC], and you stated a figure of 22K, thinking I wouldn't catch you posting the low-end flu death figure.

The actual flu death figure varies, but is something like 22K to 64K...something like that.  So I applaud you for correcting the correct low-end flu death figure, but it was a bit disingenuous of you to use the low-end figure.

If your argument is so good, it will speak for itself, without having to use a low-end figure, which is approximately 1/3 of the high-end figure.  I mean, it's not like me rounding my height of 5'8.6" to 5'9" or anything [and in fairness - I don't do that.  I just tell people I am "5-8-and-a-1/2".

So...let's take an average of the flu death range and go with [22K + 64K]/2 = 43K.

43K flu deaths versus 192.9K COVID deaths is quite the disparity.  But keep in mind there is a flu vaccine...I don't think it's a big stretch to say that we would have 100K flu deaths if we had no vaccine.

Likewise, let's say my "adjusted" COVID death stat is off...ok, well how about 400K "COVID only deaths" as a more realistic estimation?

Therefore, I default to my previous position that COVID is Flu 3x or Flu 4x.

While at this point, the evidence seems to point me in the direction of stating that COVID is worse than the flu...it is not horrendously worse.  And one thing to consider would be the age demographic figures with respect to mortality.  Those being:

- COVID has a 99.73% survival rate for people under 70.
- 87% of COVID cases are among people over the age of 80.
- Long-term care home residents are 57x more likely to die of COVID than non-LTC home residents [stats as of 2020-12-11, in B.C., Canada].
- Only 26 Canadians under the age of 40 have died of COVID in Canada, out of a population of over 18 million in that age range, as of 2020-09-23, according to PHAC [the Public Health Agency of Canada].

American figures may be slightly worse than Canadian figures, but my suspicion about that is that since American hospitals are privatized, there is more incentive to rip off the federal government, like on March 23rd or 24th, when NY State Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that he needed 26,000 ventilators, and that Trump should "pick the 26,000 who die" if he doesn't give them to him.

Pretty snaky way to steal $1.5B to $3B worth of ventilators, IMO.

In any case, I'm curious to your thoughts on these figures, AbrahamG.

The impression I get about you is that you are a Democrat [leftist/liberal - or whatever left-"ish" label a person could give you], who is unwilling to lie to himself.

I was also thinking recently...this is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf...but one thing I forgot was that in the end, the wolf was real.  :-X

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1241 on: January 14, 2021, 12:18:11 AM »
You didn't catch me low ending anything.  The CDC says that the 2019-2020 flu season in the U.S. had 22,000 deaths.  In the past 8 years the high end was 61,000 and the low end was 22,000.  At the rate of 4400 deaths per day we'll match last years flu death total in 5 days.  In two weeks we'll hit 61,000.  So every two weeks we'll have as many or more covid deaths as we've had flu deaths in any of the past 8 years.  But, you are probably right.  No big deal.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1242 on: January 14, 2021, 12:51:04 AM »
You didn't catch me low ending anything.  The CDC says that the 2019-2020 flu season in the U.S. had 22,000 deaths.  In the past 8 years the high end was 61,000 and the low end was 22,000.  At the rate of 4400 deaths per day we'll match last years flu death total in 5 days.  In two weeks we'll hit 61,000.  So every two weeks we'll have as many or more covid deaths as we've had flu deaths in any of the past 8 years.  But, you are probably right.  No big deal.

As I said, I caught you using the low-end figure of the normal seasonal flu mortality rate, to bolster your argument.  I found it interesting, given the fact that your COVID all-age mortality figure was basically on-point completely...in fact, if anything, you seemed to post a somewhat low mortality figure.  Doing so is what had me initially assume you were being honest with respect to discussing COVID.  Perhaps I judged your honestly incorrectly, or perhaps you simply made an error in memory.

Are you lying?  Or are you mistaken, perhaps due to a lapse in memory?

We've already been through his data; the CDC does not state a specific number of deaths for the normal seasonal flu - a range is given.  Primemuscle posted the 2019-2020 stats:

Final 2019/20 Flu Numbers
The final data on flu season 2019/2020 was released by the CDC in April as COVID-19 continued to spread throughout the United States.

Between October 1, 2019 and April 4, 2020, the flu resulted in:

39 to 56 million illnesses
410,000 to 740,000 hospitalizations
24,000 to 62,000 deaths
195 pediatric deaths

https://hive.rochesterregional.org/2020/01/Flu-season-2020

Covid is a form of pneumonia.

Adults average about 2 to 4 colds a year, although the range varies widely.  On average, people older than age 60 have fewer than one cold a year. However, it is the people older than 60 who have been hit the hardest by Covid.

I posted the 2018-2019 stats for comparison sake - click the quote to see additional data regarding the 2018-2019 normal flu, if you wish:

Try over 80.  Even those under up to age 69 are barely dying of it.  Also, compare your 2019-2020 normal flu figures to the 2018-2019 flu figures in approximately the same time range [this one starting at the same date, but ending 26 days later]:

October 1, 2018–April 30, 2019, the flu resulted in:

37.4 million to 42.9 million illnesses
531,000 to 647,000 hospitalizations
36,400 to 61,200 deaths in the United States.
116 pediatric deaths

Also, 17.3 million–20.1 million medical visits.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6824a3.htm

As you can see, in both cases, a range of deaths was given.

Discuss this please.

Do you care to retract your statement?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1243 on: January 14, 2021, 12:54:55 AM »
^ That's the autistic way of saying it.

Here's how a normal person would respond to you:

;D

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #1244 on: January 14, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »
'The Commons Project, The World Economic Forum and a broad coalition of public and private partners are collaborating to launch CommonPass, a trusted, globally-interoperable platform for people to document their COVID-19 status (health declarations / PCR tests / vaccinations) to satisfy country entry requirements'

https://commonpass.org/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #1245 on: January 18, 2021, 08:57:25 PM »
The virus made its way through my home after Thanksgiving.  Mild symptoms for all who got it.  What's bizarre is that only two of my three kids were positive.  The one who was negative sits between the other two for dinner.  I didn’t become sick, so I must have antibodies from a ½ century of living.

Sadly, a friend passed away from it today - the only fatality I personally know.  He was in his 80s.  :'(

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1246 on: January 18, 2021, 09:06:45 PM »
The virus made its way through my home after Thanksgiving.  Mild symptoms for all who got it.  What's bizarre is that only two of my three kids were positive.  The one who was negative sits between the other two for dinner.  I didn’t become sick, so I must have antibodies from a ½ century of living.

Sadly, a friend passed away from it today - the only fatality I personally know.  He was in his 80s.  :'(

No doubt there are some people who are susceptible to it more than others. Like pneumonia - if you are in your 70s and up, seems like it's a big problem recovering.

I still don't know anybody in my circle of friends/family that has anyone close to them with it. Some of them work in large corporate settings and schools.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1247 on: January 20, 2021, 02:21:36 PM »
Now that Biden is in office, he has put in place a 100 day mask suggestion. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that after 100 days covid will be declared mission accomplished by Biden and press will stop reporting cases and deaths. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #1248 on: January 20, 2021, 06:42:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/AndySwan/status/1351975650521993221

literally one hour after Biden takes the oath, the WHO admits that PCR testing at high amplification rates alters the predictive value of the tests and results in a huge number of false positives

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1249 on: January 20, 2021, 11:00:04 PM »
Thankfully America now has a pedofile and a half bred whore to save the day. I will rest easy.
a