Author Topic: Pet Python kills Florida toddler  (Read 8012 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Pet Python kills Florida toddler
« on: July 02, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »
If i had a kid, i'd never have a snake in the house. People are stupid.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE56067K20090701

MIAMI (Reuters) - A Florida toddler was strangled on Wednesday by a 12-foot (3.6-meter) albino Burmese python that escaped from a holding tank in the girl's home, authorities said.

The pet's owner, a boyfriend of the child's mother, found the python on top of the 2-year-old girl in the rural community of Oxford, about 50 miles northwest of Orlando.

The python apparently broke free in the night, entered the girl's bedroom and attacked her.

"This is very rare," Patricia Behnke of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission told reporters.

The owner stabbed the snake when he found it on the child but she was dead when emergency crews arrived, the Orlando Sentinel newspaper said. It said he was being questioned and could face child endangerment charges.

Wildlife officials are increasingly concerned about the proliferation of non-native pythons in Florida's wilderness areas.

State officials say there may be as many as 150,000 Burmese pythons, which are native to Southeast Asia, living in the wild in the Everglades, where they have no natural predator.

Wildlife experts say the population grew from snakes dumped in the fragile wetlands by pet owners who no longer wanted them and pose a significant threat to native species.

The pythons can grow to more than 16 feet, live for 30 years and eat wading birds and small animals. Experts say snake enthusiasts buy them when they are small but cannot handle them when they grow to full size.

Florida Senator Bill Nelson introduced a bill in the U.S. Congress in February to ban the importation and interstate trade of the reptiles.

(Reporting by Jim Loney; Editing by Tom Brown and John O'Callaghan)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Pet Python kills Florida toddler
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »

'Child endangerment charges'?  Are you fucking kidding me??

They KILLED that child!

We need to stop allowing stupidity to be a valid defense for crimes where KIDS get killed. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »

They KILLED that child!

We need to stop allowing stupidity to be a valid defense for crimes where KIDS get killed. 

Well, the poor Python was mainly sleeping all day, and then the poor thing got hungry in the night, you cannot blame him!

I bet you'll find some Peta-nazi that will sue the parents for not giving the snake appropriate food.  ;D

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »
I can't imagine what that poor baby was feeling while she had the life crushed out of her.. :'(People who have potentially dangerous pets should have to undergo certain training and be required to register the animal with the county just like a handgun. >:(

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:40 AM »
I can't imagine what that poor baby was feeling while it had the life crushed out of her.. :'(People who have potentially dangerous pets should have to undergo certain training and be required to register the animal with the county just like a handgun. >:(

Why the fuck do people need a snake, an alligator, tiger or even an attack dog in their home?

it's ridiculous. ESPECIALLY when you have kids. these are wild animals, or trained to kill animals, you cannot for one second be sure they won't attack you, or your kids.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 12:43:07 AM »
Why the fuck do people need a snake, an alligator, tiger or even an attack dog in their home?

it's ridiculous. ESPECIALLY when you have kids. these are wild animals, or trained to kill animals, you cannot for one second be sure they won't attack you, or your kids.

QFT.

Fuck special training for the owners...you cannot train an animal not to act on instinct. 

If there's one thing I know in this world, it's that you can't fix stupid.  And if a person reaches adulthood without having learned common sense, then they're going to go through life without it....sorta like my idiot fucking ex-wife who let the dog eat chocolate tonite. 

Oh, but that's not even the issue...dog is clearly sick, but instead of looking up some info on what to do - or calling me and letting me handle it - she's sitting there watching fucking TV when I get to the house to drop off some stuff for her. 

Dog lived with me for the previous 10 days while she went out of town, so I think I'm going to keep him up here for a while until she gets her shit straight. 

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 12:45:01 AM »

Some people like to tempt fate I suppose.

Snake enthusiasts buy them when they are small but cannot handle them when they grow to full size.  :-\

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:48:10 AM »
QFT.

Fuck special training for the owners...you cannot train an animal not to act on instinct. 

If there's one thing I know in this world, it's that you can't fix stupid.  And if a person reaches adulthood without having learned common sense, then they're going to go through life without it....sorta like my idiot fucking ex-wife who let the dog eat chocolate tonite. 

Oh, but that's not even the issue...dog is clearly sick, but instead of looking up some info on what to do - or calling me and letting me handle it - she's sitting there watching fucking TV when I get to the house to drop off some stuff for her. 

Dog lived with me for the previous 10 days while she went out of town, so I think I'm going to keep him up here for a while until she gets her shit straight. 

you're absolutely right, you can neither train a snake nor the owner.

The snake will eat, sleep, fuck and then eat some more. And if it finds a baby inbetween, it might play a little and then eat some more.

People are stupid, but it's a horror when some innocent child has to die because of the stupidity of the parents.

Some people like to tempt fate I suppose.

Snake enthusiasts buy them when they are small but cannot handle them when they grow to full size.  :-\

there was a documentary on TV about a guy that had an 8m Anconda in his home. They had to move it to a bigger place, tried to grab the snake with 6 grown up men, but halfway through the snake shook a little and the guy flew through the apartment like paper planes.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 12:53:52 AM »

there was a documentary on TV about a guy that had an 8m Anconda in his home. They had to move it to a bigger place, tried to grab the snake with 6 grown up men, but halfway through the snake shook a little and the guy flew through the apartment like paper planes.
Sounds awesome, totally believable, and I wish that I could have seen that!

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »
People are stupid.

think?

The pet's owner, a boyfriend of the child's mother, found the python on top of the 2-year-old girl in

The python apparently broke free in the night, entered the girl's bedroom and attacked her.

The owner stabbed the snake when he found it on the child but she was dead when emergency crews arrived

this guy needs to be punished. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 12:59:35 AM »
Sounds awesome, totally believable, and I wish that I could have seen that!

it was on youtube, but the tv channel had it removed, unfortunately.  :-\

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 12:59:56 AM »
Worthless news without a pic of the guy who posted this thread....

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 01:10:19 AM »
Worthless news without a pic of the guy who posted this thread....

;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, the news must e BS and the python was only 10 inches because the guy posted no pic.

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, the news must e BS and the python was only 10 inches because the guy posted no pic.

I was refering to you my anonymous friend.... I'm sure you look "good"... just prove your existence to us sweety...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 02:08:10 AM »
Florida is a giant trailer park.  Trailer people like "critters."  Trailer people don't like taking care of their kids. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »
Fucking douchebags. People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.
HAHA, RON.....

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »
I was refering to you my anonymous friend.... I'm sure you look "good"... just prove your existence to us sweety...

Oh really? You're not the smartest, oyu know that?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 02:36:42 AM »

They KILLED that child!

Tre calm down sweetheart - just because 1 single child died because the owner was either not smart enough to close the Terarium (I didn't read the full article exucuse me) doesn't mean you have to victimize the whole reptile loving community.
Have a look at how many kids get killed by dogs - eh? see my point?

Why in the name of fuck do we still make a big deal about indivdual tragic events? So what one kid died? It's horrifric for the parents and anybody who had a relationship with the child and of course was for the kid itself --- but why again do we care so much?

Will we go so far as to make sure that natural selection does not apply to the western word anymore?
Same with these ads - EVERY child deserves to life .... well fuck me appearantly you have every second a child who dies... now do the math tick tock tick tock - soon enough the planet will be so overpopulated that we cannot afford to have kids at all.

Children die Adults die Animals die - it's neccesary to make room.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 02:39:43 AM »
Well, the poor Python was mainly sleeping all day, and then the poor thing got hungry in the night, you cannot blame him!

I bet you'll find some Peta-nazi that will sue the parents for not giving the snake appropriate food.  ;D
X2 ;D

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 02:42:14 AM »
I bet the hick who loses his snake is going to be mad at the state and join some redneck militia.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 02:43:01 AM »
you're absolutely right, you can neither train a snake nor the owner.

The snake will eat, sleep, fuck and then eat some more. And if it finds a baby inbetween, it might play a little and then eat some more.

People are stupid, but it's a horror when some innocent child has to die because of the stupidity of the parents.

Some say that the worst enemy of children are parents being defender of them at the same time.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 02:43:37 AM »
Tre calm down sweetheart - just because 1 single child died because the owner was either not smart enough to close the Terarium (I didn't read the full article exucuse me) doesn't mean you have to victimize the whole reptile loving community.
Have a look at how many kids get killed by dogs - eh? see my point?

Why in the name of fuck do we still make a big deal about indivdual tragic events? So what one kid died? It's horrifric for the parents and anybody who had a relationship with the child and of course was for the kid itself --- but why again do we care so much? 

My issue is with the fact that the punishment will not be sufficient.  Another sentence came out today...something about an NBA ball player who ran a stop sign doing 67 in a 35 zone, causing an accident which resulted in the death of his friend.  He got 90 days for this, but will be out in 30.

Yet, someone sells his buddy a few ounces of weed, and he's going away for 2 years. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 02:44:17 AM »
I bet the hick who loses his snake is going to be mad at the state and join some redneck militia.

spot on.

He'll vote republican next time, that's for sure.

Some say that the worst enemy of children are parents being defender of them at the same time.

true, most people are idiots, so they are also horrible parents.

spinnis

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 02:44:37 AM »
That little girl probably teased the snake earlier that day. ...She had it coming

spinnis

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 02:45:21 AM »
Im only kidding.

Its a sad story.

Dont keep a BIG ASS SNAKE NEAR A LITTLE ASS KID