Author Topic: Injuries and the Mr. O  (Read 1512 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Injuries and the Mr. O
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
Jay-Right side trauma and size disparity

Ronnie-Left side tears and trauma

Have any other top competitors had this problem?  Can someone like Jay or Ronnie rebuild or build up their weak sides with unilateral training? 
Squishy face retard

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: Injuries and the Mr. O
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »
Can someone like Jay or Ronnie rebuild or build up their weak sides with unilateral training? 

Obviously not as you have seen on Ronnie.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »
i would say no. nobody has yet to be able to do it. a tear is just that when a muscle tears it seems to never be the same. bringing one side to match the other..i would say yes.
irongearco.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »
one idea would be to stop airing the show and just post photoshopped photos of it afterwards on the msg boards
Z

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »
i would say no. nobody has yet to be able to do it. a tear is just that when a muscle tears it seems to never be the same. bringing one side to match the other..i would say yes.
That's what makes me think Ronnie has all out tears in his muscles.  Jay's size disparity seems like something that could be fixed with extra sets on the weaker side.  He would certainly be able to recover from the extra work.  Single leg press, unilateral curls and One arm pulldowns seems like it would help.
Squishy face retard

Riddick

• Getbig II
  • There's no guarantee that you'll see the next day!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 12:48:42 PM »
Dexter seems to have "torn" both of his calves either that or he had them removed cuz they're no where to be found in this pic.

*also notice at the upper right of his x-mas tree. looks weird.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 02:39:58 PM »
Dexter seems to have "torn" both of his calves either that or he had them removed cuz they're no where to be found in this pic.

I really think that if more guys trained their calves like Arnold that they would actually have size to speak of.
Squishy face retard

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 03:20:52 PM »
I really think that if more guys trained their calves like Arnold that they would actually have size to speak of.

i.e., calf inserts.  ;)

Yep, that's for sure!! All of them, including Kamali!! :D
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »
i.e., calf inserts.  ;)

Yep, that's for sure!! All of them, including Kamali!! :D
Lol.  Yeah, you can't really change shape but Arnold had shitty calves and he built them up nicely.  I think most of these guys don't even train calves or never really did.  They don't do the workouts you see in the mags so I doubt that Dex does 4 calf workouts a week.  Same thing with Ronnie.  You mean to tell me that was his genetic limit?  It's possible but they train calves like wimps.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 04:01:03 PM »
they site inject to fix symmetry discrepencies.  Many people have slight differences form the left to right sides of the body, as well as differeing nerve assemblies.  When you use hormones to grow, everything grow, and the errors become more obvious.  shots can reduce that.

Look at Phil heath.  He's blowing up, and should be top 3 at the O in no time.  But his perceived weaknesses - the narrow shoulders and bunch-y chest - those are going to become more obvious as he grows.  Not taking anything away form the guy - he'll be top 3 in the world for a long time with those arms.  But his imbalances are something that will haunt him, as they do with most bodybuilders.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »
That's what makes me think Ronnie has all out tears in his muscles.  Jay's size disparity seems like something that could be fixed with extra sets on the weaker side.  He would certainly be able to recover from the extra work.  Single leg press, unilateral curls and One arm pulldowns seems like it would help.

i would say yes because i think you are right jays aren't tears. however you have to take into account he may have some kind of nerve damage that causes this.
irongearco.com

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 08:38:18 PM »
Synthol is the worst Drug yes i call it a Drug to happen to BB,Like Nasser said its like toothpaste and 95% of the Pros use it thats why we do not see the conditioning of the early to mid 90s
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 08:51:53 PM »
they site inject to fix symmetry discrepencies.  Many people have slight differences form the left to right sides of the body, as well as differeing nerve assemblies.  When you use hormones to grow, everything grow, and the errors become more obvious.  shots can reduce that.

Look at Phil heath.  He's blowing up, and should be top 3 at the O in no time.  But his perceived weaknesses - the narrow shoulders and bunch-y chest - those are going to become more obvious as he grows.  Not taking anything away form the guy - he'll be top 3 in the world for a long time with those arms.  But his imbalances are something that will haunt him, as they do with most bodybuilders.

the judges had better make heath 'pay his dues' like they have everyone else.  you know you will place dead last in your first olympia, regardless of how you look.  Now if they let him go 3rd-5th, that aint fair.  Wolf was in dead last last year.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »

i would say yes because i think you are right jays aren't tears. however you have to take into account he may have some kind of nerve damage that causes this.
Would you say that with nerve damage you can still repair the "damage" to the symmetry?
Squishy face retard

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 04:50:28 AM »

It must have been the retarded "smith" deadlifts.