Author Topic: Listen to George Galloway now  (Read 3633 times)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
Listen to George Galloway now
« on: August 26, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »
George Galloway host a twice weekly radio phone in show. Tonights show he is broadcasting live from Lebanon. Expect to hear plenty of Israel bashing and US bashing

http://www.talksport.net/talksport-live.asx

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Listen to George Galloway now
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 12:34:37 PM »
Diesel, what's your opinion of this fellow Brit of ours?

Personally I can't stand him. He sucks up to the paki crowd in Britain to attain any political boyancy. He brown nosed Saddam... Talks a lot of shit... and...

I JUST CAN'T STAND THE WAY HE LOOKS  :-X
الاسلام هو شيطانية

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »
I' ve listened to the show before.

What really annoys me is that all the callers who support Galloway come across in an eloquent and educated manner, whilst those with a different point of view sound like Woten after a heavy blow to the head.

You could almost believe that the callers have been screened.

Is Alan Brazil still suspended for referring to the Japanese as "nips"?

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

Personally I can't stand him. He sucks up to the paki crowd in Britain to attain any political boyancy. He brown nosed Saddam... Talks a lot of shit... and...

He's rather annoying at times, he thinks his word is gospel...end of. When he was on theat celebrity big brother we saw some of his true nature when he showed us what a bully he was. Mind you, I roared with laughter when he reduced Barrymore to tears

I' ve listened to the show before.

What really annoys me is that all the callers who support Galloway come across in an eloquent and educated manner, whilst those with a different point of view sound like Woten after a heavy blow to the head.

You could almost believe that the callers have been screened.

Is Alan Brazil still suspended for referring to the Japanese as "nips"?

I never heard that one lol

I think he does the breakfast show

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 01:16:46 PM »

you sure seem to side with jews a lot for a guy with the username, "nordic superman".
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 01:23:26 PM »
Isn't he the one who got his ass kicked in a debate with Christopher Hitchens, was involved in the "oil for food" scandal and is a Saddam sympathizer and suck up?

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 01:36:11 PM »
Isn't he the one who got his ass kicked in a debate with Christopher Hitchens, was involved in the "oil for food" scandal and is a Saddam sympathizer and suck up?

The very same, altough I wouldn't have said that Hitchens kicked his arse.  he's also the one that made a US senate committee look like fools

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 02:16:54 PM »
you sure seem to side with jews a lot for a guy with the username, "nordic superman".
I also thought that sounded a bit odd :-\

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 02:22:40 PM »
Galloway's okay, I support some of the stuff he talks about but then there's other times he just pisses me off. I listened to his radio show once and he prioritises women callers over male callers. Isn't that positive discrimination?  ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »
Oh yea, the debate where Hitchens got FLAILED for being the world's biggest flip flopper???  The one where he had to continually talk out of turn, grumble, whine, cry and deny to make a point.   Hitchen's sorely lost that debate on attitude alone.  As I stated in another thread about Hitchen's appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher last night he started out by demanding Bill recognize him as an intellectual after Bill refused to accept Christopher's assertion that Al-Queda was allied with Saddam and essentially a force in Iraq before we went in...   He then took a shot at the the audience and got booed for it... Lost his cool and fliped off the audience twice!    Used a red herring to divert the subject and got called on it... Real class act... 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
Oh yea, the debate where Hitchens got FLAILED for being the world's biggest flip flopper???  The one where he had to continually talk out of turn, grumble, whine, cry and deny to make a point.   Hitchen's sorely lost that debate on attitude alone.  As I stated in another thread about Hitchen's appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher last night he started out by demanding Bill recognize him as an intellectual after Bill refused to accept Christopher's assertion that Al-Queda was allied with Saddam and essentially a force in Iraq before we went in...   He then took a shot at the the audience and got booed for it... Lost his cool and fliped off the audience twice!    Used a red herring to divert the subject and got called on it... Real class act... 

He's a conservative panelist in a Liberal forum, what did you expect? It's along the same lines of a show that used to be on years ago in So. Cal..."Wally George".. he was Conservative that used to have Liberals on the show just so the audience could blast him.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 02:52:08 PM »
He's a conservative panelist in a Liberal forum, what did you expect?
Hey, first of all Hitchen's took the first shot at the audience.  Second, he never came under heavy attack from anyone on the panel or in the audience... After Hitchen's took the first shot, The audience booed and then he flipped them off then did it again a bit later.  What did I expect?  A little class maybe?  A little less arrogance maybe???  Not asking much...  I don't know about the example you gave, but I would be equally disappointed in a liberal showing up on a conservative talk show and flipping off the audience after taking a shot at them and making stupid remarks about being and expecting to be treated like an intellectual.  That's what I expect Mr. I.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 02:58:33 PM »
Can we get you two in a chat room?   That would be fun to watch.   ;D

For a few minutes anyway then it will turn into a tee ball game.   

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »
Hey, first of all Hitchen's took the first shot at the audience.  Second, he never came under heavy attack from anyone on the panel or in the audience... After Hitchen's took the first shot, The audience booed and then he flipped them off then did it again a bit later.  What did I expect?  A little class maybe?  A little less arrogance maybe???  Not asking much...  I don't know about the example you gave, but I would be equally disappointed in a liberal showing up on a conservative talk show and flipping off the audience after taking a shot at them and making stupid remarks about being and expecting to be treated like an intellectual.  That's what I expect Mr. I.
Hitchens isn't conservative, how does Mr. I explain how Hitchens ripped Nixon and Kissinger apart in that documentary he did on him about Cambodia, Chile and East Timor?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 03:02:36 PM »
Hitchens isn't conservative, how does Mr. I explain how Hitchens ripped Nixon and Kissinger apart in that documentary he did on him about Cambodia, Chile and East Timor?
That's what I'm saying, how in the hell does this guy justify himself... Monster flip flops... He's all over the place... I think he's just one of those guys who gives it up to the highest paying benefactor.  Political Columnist for hire.  :-\

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »

So you mean to tell me if one conservative rips on another, it doesn't make him a conservative?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 03:24:43 PM »
So you mean to tell me if one conservative rips on another, it doesn't make him a conservative?
Hitchens doesn't know what he is... I suspect or guess that he's opinion for hire.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »

Suck up for having grapefruit-sized balls and opposing the Iraq from the start? That's something that even hardcore liberals didn't do, they were avid supporters at first. Galloway saw through all of that, gotta give him props.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »
Suck up for having grapefruit-sized balls and opposing the Iraq from the start? That's something that even hardcore liberals didn't do, they were avid supporters at first. Galloway saw through all of that, gotta give him props.

Intresting read............

http://hitchensweb.com/OilForFood.pdf#search='george%20galloway%20oil%20for%20food%20scandal'

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 05:10:41 PM »
I-one, u must also be aware of Hitchens' harsh views on christianity and the bible, eh?
follow the arrows

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 08:34:06 PM »
I-one, u must also be aware of Hitchens' harsh views on christianity and the bible, eh?

Yep!

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 12:21:27 PM »
Second night live phone in from Lebanon

http://www.talksport.net/talksport-live.asx

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 12:26:03 PM »
He makes some good points but when he raises his voice it kills it for me. Clown.
follow the arrows

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 12:59:32 PM »
He makes some good points but when he raises his voice it kills it for me. Clown.

I think that's just his style, he has to be heard lol

It's good that he doesn't shy away from callers expressing an opposing point of view to his own, though he does tend to belittle their views a little.