Author Topic: Batman 'Dark Knight' Rises - Great movie or ???  (Read 56490 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Just got back from Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »
And I survived! :-X

Best movie of the year! Two thumbs up!

Anyone else seen it yet?

Yes, agreed...so far this year.

Are you guys serious?

I thought it was good, but it wasn't great... Too much shit that Nolan took his liberty with.

Killing off Talia... Maybe Bane?

Killing off Batman? (Notice the scene where you all think he's alive is lit differently... Like a Dream Sequence)

Introducing a cop that doesn't exist in the comic? Naming him Robin?

It was good... don't get me wrong... The story was fantastic... Hell, make that a Daredevil script and it's fucking awesome... The story was the shining part.

But it wasn't a "Batman" story.

I thought Bane and Catwoman were ok... Could have been played by almost anyone and it would have been fine.

Bane is supposedly hispanic though...

I dunno... lots of things left me saying... Yes... I liked it... A lot... But it wasn't GREAT.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
Didn't see the first Dark Knight movie and have no desire to see this one.   I absolutely hate movies based around fantasy and or comic books.   

booty

• Getbig V
Re: So the new Batman movie is supposed to suck
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »
Slut!
Um I am taking my children to see Spiderman.   :-\

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »
False....not a correct way to wrap an incredible trilogy.  It was fine as it was.
false. Just because it is the last movie, doesnt mean it can get away with low action.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »
Didn't see the first Dark Knight movie and have no desire to see this one.   I absolutely hate movies based around fantasy and or comic books.   
Then you hate movies about myths and legends, and many comic book movies have a lot of backstory, in fact many of the writers for comicbooks are damn good.

Or is it that that you don't like movies based on fantasy or comicbooks because they eff them up? Please elaborate. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
Name a movie without some from of fanstasy? Because that is what movies are.
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
will they make another re re re re re boot of batman in 20 years from now?  ::)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

I'll give it 3 years, 4 maximum. People getting more and more stupid allows "artists" and "creative people" to feed them the same exact shit and, contrary to the past, under the same brand; the package is just a little bit "modernized", "upgraded", "taken to the next level".

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
they're going to do a spin-off story with nightwing

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2012, 11:51:56 PM »
yes and if you look real good you can see her goddesian etnic pussy lips as well

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2012, 02:46:35 PM »
Then you hate movies about myths and legends, and many comic book movies have a lot of backstory, in fact many of the writers for comicbooks are damn good.

Or is it that that you don't like movies based on fantasy or comicbooks because they eff them up? Please elaborate.  
all stories and books written by man are based on the Bible, the first "book". Same old story is being repeated, over and over, and young people always need heroes to give a positive meaning to their existence, to be motivated to build, create, defend, instead of destroying.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2012, 02:49:15 PM »
all stories and books written by man are based on the Bible, the first book. Same old story, over and over.

Bible the first book, oh boy  ::)  I guess you've never heard of Homer or Gilgamesh... I can tell you've only read your "holy book" and some Richard Dawkins and Dawkins crushed you so badly you've spent years of your life trying to reconcile the two.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2012, 02:56:36 PM »

Bible the first book, oh boy  ::)  I guess you've never heard of Homer or Gilgamesh... I can tell you've only read your "holy book" and some Richard Dawkins and Dawkins crushed you so badly you've spent years of your life trying to reconcile the two.
the first and most widespread -printed- book is the Bible, and all books written later are merely copying it, until now. It's a fact. Every story is about good and evil, whatever the background and characters, and evil has to lose in the end.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »
the first and most widespread -printed- book is the Bible, and all books written later are merely copying it, until now. It's a fact. Every story is about good and evil, whatever the background and characters, and evil has to lose in the end.

hahaha, you binary thinking indoctrinated amoeba, the epic of gilgamesh predates moses by more than five hundred years.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Batman 'Dark Knight' Rises - Great movie or ???
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »
all stories and books written by man are based on the Bible, the first book. Same old story, over and over.

The FIRST book?

Really?

There are some of the first writings in the Bible... but it is not the first book.

The first writings were ancient Sumerian and things of the like.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
hahaha, you binary thinking indoctrinated amoeba, the epic of gilgamesh predates moses by more than five hundred years.
yawn, what a moron.

It is true that the Genesis flood account shares many striking similarities with the Babylonian Gilgamesh epic, and with the Babylonian Atrahasis epic, for that matter. In fact, literally hundreds of flood traditions have been preserved all over the world, with traditions abounding in Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia, as well as both of the Americas, and the Genesis account shares similarities with most of them. Of the flood traditions which have survived to the present time, about 95% describe a global cataclysmic deluge, 88% tell of a favored family of humans saved from drowning to reestablish the human race after the deluge, 66% say the family was forewarned of the coming cataclysm, 66% blame the wickedness of man for the deluge, and 70% record a boat as being the means by which the chosen family (and animals) survived the flood. More than one third of these traditions mention birds being sent out from the boat.

Since every culture has descended directly from the flood’s survivors, it is logical that stories of this traumatic event are both abundant and universal, having been passed down from generation to generation. This is certainly the case. Many of these traditions are remarkably consistent, considering the relative isolation of the cultures, the length of time that has elapsed since the flood, and the human tendency to embellish, exaggerate, and distort stories over time. The Babylonian and biblical accounts of the flood appear to represent different retellings of an essentially identical flood tradition.

Skeptics want to imagine that there was, in fact, no flood and that the Bible’s flood account was borrowed from a Babylonian myth. The evidence seems to suggest otherwise: there was, in fact, a catastrophic worldwide deluge, and that the veracity of the biblical account is attested to by numerous other similar ancient accounts. In addition to abundant historical evidence, there is a wealth of physical proof in favor of the flood’s historicity. The flood of Noah’s day was most certainly a real historical event, and the biblical account of what happened is trustworthy.

Source(s):

The Genesis Flood by Henry Morris and John Whitcomb.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100928004558AAYkBOP

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
I have be noticing a lot of recent movies borrowing for the bible. Lack of creative writers? Or is the Christian bible just a part of American life?
The matrix
Superman
The dark night
The green mile
I am robot
T4
Etc.
A

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »
yawn, what a moron.

It is true that the Genesis flood account shares many striking similarities with the Babylonian Gilgamesh epic, and with the Babylonian Atrahasis epic, for that matter. In fact, literally hundreds of flood traditions have been preserved all over the world, with traditions abounding in Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia, as well as both of the Americas, and the Genesis account shares similarities with most of them. Of the flood traditions which have survived to the present time, about 95% describe a global cataclysmic deluge, 88% tell of a favored family of humans saved from drowning to reestablish the human race after the deluge, 66% say the family was forewarned of the coming cataclysm, 66% blame the wickedness of man for the deluge, and 70% record a boat as being the means by which the chosen family (and animals) survived the flood. More than one third of these traditions mention birds being sent out from the boat.

Since every culture has descended directly from the flood’s survivors, it is logical that stories of this traumatic event are both abundant and universal, having been passed down from generation to generation. This is certainly the case. Many of these traditions are remarkably consistent, considering the relative isolation of the cultures, the length of time that has elapsed since the flood, and the human tendency to embellish, exaggerate, and distort stories over time. The Babylonian and biblical accounts of the flood appear to represent different retellings of an essentially identical flood tradition.

Skeptics want to imagine that there was, in fact, no flood and that the Bible’s flood account was borrowed from a Babylonian myth. The evidence seems to suggest otherwise: there was, in fact, a catastrophic worldwide deluge, and that the veracity of the biblical account is attested to by numerous other similar ancient accounts. In addition to abundant historical evidence, there is a wealth of physical proof in favor of the flood’s historicity. The flood of Noah’s day was most certainly a real historical event, and the biblical account of what happened is trustworthy.

Source(s):

The Genesis Flood by Henry Morris and John Whitcomb.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100928004558AAYkBOP

Looks like you've been doing some urgent googling unterman, hope you're not upset ;) yahoo answers lol

There's nothing original about the Bible, and the guy is right you'll find it weaves mythologies from many different ancient cultures.

You probably don't know this, seeing as you got your head up your arse, but every ancient culture has a Christ-like figure, a god who dies and is then resurrected. The problem with you indoctrinated sheep is that you think these things actually happened.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2012, 05:04:38 AM »
the bible is a fairy tale with good PR, nothing to see here

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2012, 08:12:31 AM »
Just saw it. Some good twist at the end but otherwise quite mediocre. And that mumble mouthed :-X :-X :-X :-X Bane guy was annoying and long winded. His constant pontificating about "The System"   ::) was zzzz worthy.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »
                                                 yes

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »

For as long as the Batman-franchise is popular.

It's interesting to see how these old characters still have such popularity and fanbase.

Who knows how society will look in 20 years though.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
Watching the movie now, it stopped due to a severe storm, it shut off the power. Somebody brought a baby to the movie---yeah, like loud noises, booms, etc are good for a babies ears.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:54 PM »
I like the movie, but Bane's voice was silly... he sounded like Sean Connery trying to imitate Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
I like the movie, but Bane's voice was silly... he sounded like Sean Connery trying to imitate Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Exactly, the cartoon Bane sounded Latin, with a slight mix of East European...