Author Topic: Batman 'Dark Knight' Rises - Great movie or ???  (Read 56485 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Batman 'Dark Knight' Rises - Great movie or ???
« Reply #325 on: August 01, 2012, 06:48:53 PM »
Yes '60s Batman owns.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »
I tried watching the 60`s version the other day, it`s not that bad makes me wanna smoke weed real fucking badly. Too bad I can`t :-\
60's batman is about as campy as it gets...complete with a out of shape batman, who is trying to suck it in, and the mask makes him look cross eyed, to the over enthusiastic "boy wonder", and then let's not forget the "pow", "bam".

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #327 on: August 02, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
60's batman is about as campy as it gets...complete with a out of shape batman, who is trying to suck it in, and the mask makes him look cross eyed, to the over enthusiastic "boy wonder", and then let's not forget the "pow", "bam".

You have to appreciate the time it was made... Everything in the 60s was about bright colors and anything that didn't remind them of the battle raging on in Vietnam.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=70817

Michael Caine Comments On The Ending Of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

A lot has been made of The Dark Knight Rises' ending. Speculation has run rampant on whether or not what Alfred saw that day at the cafe was real or an illusion to put him at ease. Actor Sir Michael Caine talked with The Huffington Post where they asked him about the last scene in the movie. He said that Christopher Nolan is a secretive director (shocker), but that he, "was so happy with the ending, obviously." They went on to ask him what it was like the day while shooting the scene. Check out what he had to say below.

"It was just an ordinary day. "You do this, you walk in, have a look around." He said, "I just want you to nod, nothing else." Because earlier I said to Bruce, "I want to see you with a wife and children and all that." I said I won't saying, I'll just nod my head. I said that earlier in the movie and that's exactly what I did at the end. I thought the ending was wonderful."

"It's the writing, you know. The thing about Chris is that he's not only a brilliant director. I think he's up there with David Lean, but David Lean couldn't write. He used Robert Bolt to write his scripts."

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #329 on: December 06, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
  Good movie

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »

What the shit does any of this mean???

A lot has been made of The Dark Knight Rises' ending. Speculation has run rampant on whether or not what Alfred saw that day at the cafe was real or an illusion to put him at ease. Actor Sir Michael Caine talked with The Huffington Post where they asked him about the last scene in the movie. He said that Christopher Nolan is a secretive director (shocker), but that he, "was so happy with the ending, obviously." They went on to ask him what it was like the day while shooting the scene. Check out what he had to say below.

"It was just an ordinary day. "You do this, you walk in, have a look around." He said, "I just want you to nod, nothing else." Because earlier I said to Bruce, "I want to see you with a wife and children and all that." I said I won't saying, I'll just nod my head. I said that earlier in the movie and that's exactly what I did at the end. I thought the ending was wonderful."

"It's the writing, you know. The thing about Chris is that he's not only a brilliant director. I think he's up there with David Lean, but David Lean couldn't write. He used Robert Bolt to write his scripts."

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: December 07, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »

I just bought the Blu Ray today and re-watched it!  I don't care what anyone says, I thought it was fucking awesome!  The best one in the series!  And Tom Hardy should get 6 Oscars for how he pulled off Bane!!!!

Not just an great Batman movie... BUT A GREAT FUCKING MOVIE PERIOD!

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2012, 11:24:07 PM »
i loved it
l

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #333 on: December 08, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
finally got around to watching it, The Avengers was so much better because it didnt take itself so seriously. The pompous, over serious tone is sadly hilarious given its about a man wearing fancy dress.

Bane should really have been the guy from prometheus in a bigger muscle suit with Hardy doing the mumble stiltskin voiceover.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #334 on: December 08, 2012, 10:48:06 AM »
finally got around to watching it, The Avengers was so much better because it didnt take itself so seriously. The pompous, over serious tone is sadly hilarious given its about a man wearing fancy dress.

Bane should really have been the guy from prometheus in a bigger muscle suit with Hardy doing the mumble stiltskin voiceover.
Batman has pretty much always been done in a "serious" aka dark tone.
Because, it's Batman. You can't compare Avengers, a team movie, to a movie where some billionaire with serious issues due to his parents being killed in front of his eyes, and then becomes a vigilante---a literal one man gang.

If anything, Avengers could have used more of a serious tone, but it's a family movie. Even he comics have a different tone. More use of colors with Avengers, more use of shadows and night backdrops with Batman. It ain't batman if it ain't at night.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: December 08, 2012, 05:03:28 PM »

Avengers was ok, for kids.  Dark Knight Rises is in a different league all together.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: December 08, 2012, 05:12:03 PM »
I just bought the Blu Ray today and re-watched it!  I don't care what anyone says, I thought it was fucking awesome!  The best one in the series!  And Tom Hardy should get 6 Oscars for how he pulled off Bane!!!!

Not just an great Batman movie... BUT A GREAT FUCKING MOVIE PERIOD!

this!  8)

don't be daft !

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #337 on: December 08, 2012, 05:29:29 PM »
I would go in the middle here. Avengers a little too cute, could have used some weight in it's ass, I get tired of Robert Downey Jr always in "wiseass" mode

Batman could have used a few jokes. it's a fucking comic book movie, no matter how "serious" you take it

both were really good

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
it gutted its own coolness when bane was shown to be ....

well I wont ruin it

also no one explicitly said in the movie that lazarus pits HEAL, which kinda moves the plot along

hope this helps

I would rename it catwoman 1

Hollywood obsesed with keeping vaginas happy and ruining everything thereby

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2012, 07:40:01 PM »
it gutted its own coolness when bane was shown to be ....

well I wont ruin it

also no one explicitly said in the movie that lazarus pits HEAL, which kinda moves the plot along

hope this helps

I would rename it catwoman 1

Hollywood obsesed with keeping vaginas happy and ruining everything thereby
This post makes my brain hurt.

MikMaq

« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »

Im pretty sure its common knowledge that the ending of dkr was reshot, after the studios flipped out about the ending.

The whole tangent of alfred going to a cafe was shot months after the film was suppose to be finished.

Which is why the whole deal stuck out like a sort thumb.

Nolan and bale wanted him to die.