Author Topic: Pure strength training  (Read 918 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Pure strength training
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:17:39 PM »
hey guys, i was wandering which of u dont care about he weight aslong as ur growing and if there was any that are more into pure strength/explosive training?

I always want to get bigger but i try measure it partly on how im doing with regards to upping my weights and progressing to heavier lifts.

Was also curious about the likes of bill starr (legend i know), who as i am led to believe was a great strength coach. Now when bill was coaching i guess even though he may have wanted his guys to grow he primarily wanted to see strength increases??

If this is so then why are routines like his 5x5 so poular as mass building routines.
1. wouldnt that have been used as a strength based programs?
2. Arent the reps a bit low for optimal mass building?

davie

It isn't the mountains ah

tab1

• Getbig II
Re: Pure strength training
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:05:27 PM »
check out Dablo Barbell.com. You'll get great tips and links on powerlifting. Some good videos. At a certain point, we'll all have to powerlift with band or cables, arching back or cheating, whatever it takes to put more mass on but in a safe way.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Pure strength training
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 11:17:54 AM »
check out Dablo Barbell.com. You'll get great tips and links on powerlifting. Some good videos. At a certain point, we'll all have to powerlift with band or cables, arching back or cheating, whatever it takes to put more mass on but in a safe way.
or the powerlifting forum.
bodybuildersreality.com