Author Topic: Who will root for M Vick?  (Read 13657 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
Re: Who will root for M Vick?
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2009, 08:28:31 AM »
Agreed on letting him play again, provided he can do the job.  If that keeps fans and corporate sponsors away, and it negatively impacts a team's bottom line, then most owners would probably let him go. 

On the dog...

Recent case (long my judge shows) - a pit bull breaks out of its yard, then breaks into the yards of two different neighbors, killing a Jack Russell terrier at one house and a chihuahua at another. 

Should the guilty pit bull be given a lethal dose of anesthesia, shot, or beaten to death?

[/quote

I saw that
it was shot by police3
as it was still menacing

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2009, 08:28:50 AM »

Should the guilty pit bull owner be given a lethal dose of anesthesia, shot, or beaten to death?

fixed

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2009, 08:29:38 AM »
He was running an illegal gambling operation that involved the mutilation and torture of dogs, how are you so blind? He ABSOLUTELY deserved to go to jail.

Nevermind, what I meant to say was:
"ID JUSS SUM DOGS"

well
Benny Blanco is a stupid latino
what would he know about any of the qualities you are trying to espouse?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
Agreed on letting him play again, provided he can do the job.  If that keeps fans and corporate sponsors away, and it negatively impacts a team's bottom line, then most owners would probably let him go. 

On the dog...

Recent case (long my judge shows) - a pit bull breaks out of its yard, then breaks into the yards of two different neighbors, killing a Jack Russell terrier at one house and a chihuahua at another. 

Should the guilty pit bull be given a lethal dose of anesthesia, shot, or beaten to death?

According to most city regulations yes the dog has to be put down because of unprovoked violence. Whats your point?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2009, 08:31:58 AM »
sarcasm, directed at your digusting statement
I guess my lack of comprehension was due to the futility of your logic.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2009, 08:33:34 AM »
well
Benny Blanco is a stupid latino
what would he know about any of the qualities you are trying to espouse?
lol
Firstly, you do not know my ethnicity. Secondly, why should anyone give a flying fuck about your opinion when you are a racist? Epic caring more about dogs than about humans::)
!

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
fixed

According to your logic Vic should have been put to death for training and breeding dogs that kill other dogs.

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2009, 08:38:14 AM »
america's current obsession with dogs. You aint lying the shit is pathetic

comparing him to satan and hitler (lol) for having dogs fight. Dumb comparison. He did his time leave him alone. Way too overboard to think this way.

just for that I HOPE EVERYTIME HE SCORES A TOUCHDOWN INSTEAD OF DANCING HE PULLS OUT A YIP DOG AND SLITS ITS THROAT IN CELEBRATION. LOL

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2009, 08:46:04 AM »
america's current obsession with dogs.

comparing him to satan and hitler (lol) for having dogs fight.

just for that I HOPE EVERYTIME HE SCORES A TOUCHDOWN INSTEAD OF DANCING HE PULLS OUT A YIP DOG AND SLITS ITS THROAT IN CELEBRATION.
HAHAHA
I didn't see this...good stuff.  ;D
!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2009, 08:46:37 AM »
Hell Yeah. top 5 most exciting player in NFL HISTORY. makes the game fun to watch. all these other quarterbacks are boring as fuck. Vick is a real athlete, not a pocket passing dumbfuck who cant scramble through a 10 foot hole.

So then by your theory, that would make running backs boring as fuck because they can't pass the ball? Or wide receivers would suck because "all they do is catch and then run for their life."

::)

There are various things that define what makes one a great quarterback or receiver etc... Joe Montana no longer has the highest rating of quarterbacks, but usually if you ask anyone around, they'll answer the question of "Greatest QB of all time?" as being 'Joe Montana.' Why? (one example being:)Guy pretty much pioneered the 2min drill, executed it Nth amount of times on the field at times where it counted the most....but since his rating is lower than that of say Peyton Manning, does that make his worse? (for arguments sake, I'm not discounting Manning...)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2009, 08:55:06 AM »
According to your logic Vic should have been put to death for training and breeding dogs that kill other dogs.

Would society truly be better served with him in it, or not?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »
in it
provides entertainment for millions
!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2009, 08:59:46 AM »
in it
provides entertainment for millions

Not so sure that providing entertainment qualifies....so does Rush Limbaugh and Paris Hilton.....I'll take it into consideration.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »
Not so sure that providing entertainment qualifies....so does Rush Limbaugh and Paris Hilton.....I'll take it into consideration.
As if you have any say in Vick's future. lol

I don't advocate the elimination of comedian Limbaugh or Paris Hilton. They provide levity and can be otherwise ignored.
!

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2009, 09:12:33 AM »

Yes society would be better off without him in it. I don't see where he qualifies as having a worthy contribution to society considering his actions. I don't idolize athletes like most of the losers on here so to me he hasn't earned his "right to life" if you get what I mean.  He's obviously a poor example of a human being and needs to change for him to be worthy of having a spot in society. I only hope he has so nothing like this happens again.

HOWEVER, I do beleive that he has served his time and as long as the NFL wants him to play then let him play I don't care. It has nothing to do with who he really is as a human.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2009, 09:15:04 AM »
As if you have any say in Vick's future. lol

I don't advocate the elimination of comedian Limbaugh or Paris Hilton. They provide levity and can be otherwise ignored.

Oh, getbig contols many things around the world....we have it on high authority that Vick's fate will be decided in the court of G&O opinions.... 8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2009, 09:21:44 AM »
So then by your theory, that would make running backs boring as fuck because they can't pass the ball? Or wide receivers would suck because "all they do is catch and then run for their life."

There are various things that define what makes one a great quarterback or receiver etc... Joe Montana no longer has the highest rating of quarterbacks, but usually if you ask anyone around, they'll answer the question of "Greatest QB of all time?" as being 'Joe Montana.' Why? (one example being:)Guy pretty much pioneered the 2min drill, executed it Nth amount of times on the field at times where it counted the most....but since his rating is lower than that of say Peyton Manning, does that make his worse? (for arguments sake, I'm not discounting Manning...)

i am a 49er fan and i like joe montana

but he could have bettered his game by watching steve young and even jeff garcia when they would scramble for 3 yards when no recievers were open..instead of trying to complete an impossible pass and waste an entire down.

joe montana still is better than both those guys though

as far as being the greatest qb of all time.. i dont think vick is that guy.....however i think he is the best athlete to ever play qb, and the most entertaining guy to ever play qb too.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2009, 09:24:56 AM »
.....however i think he is the best athlete to ever play qb, and the most entertaining guy to ever play qb too.

Miley Cyrus entertains millions of teenage girls (and some adults too!), but because she entertains, does that mean she's the most talented?
Same side of the coin, her Pops had a million seller in "Achy Breaky Heart" and raised the "entertaining" tyke in Miley...does that make him the best country music, or even song writer for that matter, because of his "credentials?"

I'm just sayin'.....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2009, 09:28:53 AM »

Miley Cyrus entertains millions of teenage girls (and some adults too!), but because she entertains, does that mean she's the most talented?
Same side of the coin, her Pops had a million seller in "Achy Breaky Heart" and raised the "entertaining" tyke in Miley...does that make him the best country music, or even song writer for that matter, because of his "credentials?"

I'm just sayin'.....

i hear you.

nfl makes money from amount of viewers, jersey sales, video game sales, etc. what drives these up is entertaining football games. and what makes that happen is entertaining players (for the most part, although ttwo teams can have an entertaining game withou entertaining players, as long as they are evenly mathced and both are playing well). vick is fun to watch... most qbs leave viewers half focused on the game half focused on what else might beon the t.v.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2009, 09:31:54 AM »

I'm just sayin'.....
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2009, 09:45:24 AM »
i am a 49er fan and i like joe montana

but he could have bettered his game by watching steve young and even jeff garcia when they would scramble for 3 yards when no recievers were open..instead of trying to complete an impossible pass and waste an entire down.

joe montana still is better than both those guys though

as far as being the greatest qb of all time.. i dont think vick is that guy.....however i think he is the best athlete to ever play qb, and the most entertaining guy to ever play qb too.

Vick is a great EA Sports player, because he's one of the fastest in Madden. 

That's pretty much the limit of his talents.  The argument was made previously that 'his legs are good for 1-2 wins per year', but those same announcers would *never* accept the fact that his inaccurate arm and low football IQ would *cost* his teams 4-5 games per year.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2009, 09:53:36 AM »
Vick is a great EA Sports player, because he's one of the fastest in Madden. 

That's pretty much the limit of his talents.  The argument was made previously that 'his legs are good for 1-2 wins per year', but those same announcers would *never* accept the fact that his inaccurate arm and low football IQ would *cost* his teams 4-5 games per year.

he is always my qb if i ever play my ps3.  ;D  i cant run for shit on madden but give me vick and 2 receivers with decent speede and im going to fuck up that defense.  up and back routes all day loong, guys with speed are always open for at least a second or two with this. and if they got extra coverage, i know ill have room to sramble.  :P

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
I wouldn't let my kid ride in a car with Stallworth either or go over to his house... So what's your point?

What up tu holmes. Headed down to the K this saturday...tryna roll?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
he is always my qb if i ever play my ps3.  ;D  i cant run for shit on madden but give me vick and 2 receivers with decent speede and im going to fuck up that defense.  up and back routes all day loong, guys with speed are always open for at least a second or two with this. and if they got extra coverage, i know ill have room to sramble.  :P

nope. I can beat vick when i used the Colts. They use cover 2 and had fast ends..So i used to run cover 2 qb spy and i would slow vick down. because mainly people used to like to roll out with vick and that is the strength of the cover 2. the intermediate middle would be open but no one likes to throw there....

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
nope. I can beat vick when i used the Colts. They use cover 2 and had fast ends..So i used to run cover 2 qb spy and i would slow vick down. because mainly people used to like to roll out with vick and that is the strength of the cover 2. the intermediate middle would be open but no one likes to throw there....

meh

you 'affletes'
and your PsP's
get some goddamned books and read them