Author Topic: Cold and dark vs. working out  (Read 2079 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Cold and dark vs. working out
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
Winter is here… and it gets so dark so early.  By the time I leave my office the sun is down and it is flamin’ cold outside.  When I get home, I have decision to make: pull into the garage or not.  If I pull into the garage it is over: I’m not going back outside—that is to say I am not going to the gym.  I can easily make it on the weekends because I can go mid day but during the week it is hard.  My motivation declines when it is gets dark so early.  Am I the only one having this problem? How do you stay motivated?  :-[

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Cold and dark vs. working out
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 04:07:46 PM »
What you experience may (at least, partly) be attributed to SAD:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=348866.0

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:38:43 AM »
Don't go home.go straight to the gym.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »
Just think of the friendly folks, in the steam room, that awaits you after your workout. Good Luck with that.
F

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »
Winter is here… and it gets so dark so early.  By the time I leave my office the sun is down and it is flamin’ cold outside.  When I get home, I have decision to make: pull into the garage or not.  If I pull into the garage it is over: I’m not going back outside—that is to say I am not going to the gym.  I can easily make it on the weekends because I can go mid day but during the week it is hard.  My motivation declines when it is gets dark so early.  Am I the only one having this problem? How do you stay motivated?  :-[
yes! i have that problem too. winter time....weather gets dull...im bored to train and sometimes i have sad feelings. I just want to sit at home watch tv and eat chocolate.  :)
Another thing i notice is that when i step into the gym, clearly without motivation...as soon as i grab a dumbel or something i feel great and workout rocks.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »
I get that too! I trick myself by telling my self I'll just do a few sets, but once i start then I get motivated and do the whole thing.

Another tick I use is to think of some way I will punish myself if I don't go. I used to force myself to skip a week if I missed 1 day, that worked out good only missed a day once by the end of the week i was chompping at the bit. Could use a dietary restriction also.
P

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 09:59:07 PM »
I try to reward myself with a dip in the whirlpool......I train for 45 mins-an hour...

then hit the whirlpool.......awesome reward!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »
 Lift at home.

You can just wander over to the weight bench in your underwear and start lifting. Saves lots of time and even when you're feeling lazy it's easy to just walk over and start lifting.

The exercising part is not hard, it's getting ready and taking the trip to the gym.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »
Spring is comming....weather is improving and days are getting longer.  8)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 07:16:23 AM »
Lift at home.

You can just wander over to the weight bench in your underwear and start lifting. Saves lots of time and even when you're feeling lazy it's easy to just walk over and start lifting.

The exercising part is not hard, it's getting ready and taking the trip to the gym.
   ;D that is why i train at home. no waiting for Benches and no rules about dress. I have also worked out in my boxers lol..but it´s great because i used to work Nights and the next Day sleep..train..eat...work .