Author Topic: Seems like an ephedrine-related death  (Read 6464 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Seems like an ephedrine-related death
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2007, 10:25:50 PM »
Guys, sorry I actually misunderstood a bit yesterday when I posted about ephedrine being extremely dangerous with certain anti-biotics.  It based on what I understood when I overheard a few doctor friends talking about it yesterday.  I talked to them directly today at the funeral and from what they told me they understood he was taking antibiotics however they dont know exactly which type unless they saw the prescription, and that ephedrine doesn't necessarily become more dangerous when taken with anti-biotics.  They were just talking about what types of medication he was on and I guess I misunderstood.

The only way to confirm beyond any doubt that ephedrine was the cause would have been to do an autopsy, but that did not happen, so it can only be speculated.  However, the fact that he was young, healthy, did not have history of heart problems in his family leads docs to believe that ephedrine could or may likely have played a role.  It's a known fact that in very rare circumstances normal dosages of ephedrine does cause sudden heart attacks, it's just extremely rare.  I recall reading about a few similar isolated cases over the years.

Regardless, I'm tossing out my bottle of ephedrine which I'd occasionally use.

I am sorry for your loss but I, and many friends of mine, have taken HUGE doses of ephedrine for years ( gradual build up of tolerance) with no troubles...not saying that is safe but the doses your friend was taking were nothing..really. Of coarse everyone is different but his dose was very very low.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2007, 11:51:18 PM »
  I am sorry for your loss but I, and many friends of mine, have taken HUGE doses of ephedrine for years ( gradual build up of tolerance) with no troubles...not saying that is safe but the doses your friend was taking were nothing..really. Of coarse everyone is different but his dose was very very low.

I know.  The documented fatal incidents of ephedrine under normal dosages are EXTREMELY rare if you consider the number of users in the world to the number that have a death related to it.  But once in a while it does happen.  I have another friend who takes a few hundred mg's a day and never had any problems related to it.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2007, 12:05:47 AM »
I know.  The documented fatal incidents of ephedrine under normal dosages are EXTREMELY rare if you consider the number of users in the world to the number that have a death related to it.  But once in a while it does happen.  I have another friend who takes a few hundred mg's a day and never had any problems related to it.

You mean Nasser?   ;D