Author Topic: Nationwide ammo shortage affecting local dealers - Obama = No. 1 Salesman  (Read 1958 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Nationwide ammo shortage affecting local dealers

Published: May 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM PDT
By Lindsey Kovacevich, KPIC News  Video ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The country has seen an increase demand in ammunition in the last few months, and some say it's due to the fact that Obama is now in office, and many fear stricter gun control is on its way.

More gun control has always been feared by those who use guns for hunting, shooting and just wanting to have the right to protect themselves against intruders.

There was a rise in gun sales a few months back, and now we are seeing a rise in ammunition sales.

Stores can't even keep it on their shelves, and manufacturers have put businesses on waiting lists because they just cant keep up.

The Roseburg Gun Shop is not the only store in town having trouble keeping ammo in stock.

Bi-Mart literally has nothing on their shelves, and have limited the amount of ammo each customer can buy.

Jon Comstock says customers are just trying to get ahead. "Our sales are actually up. And talking to our distributors, their sales are up 40%, but you would never know it because  they don't have anything in the warehouse. It comes in, and then goes right out. I think we'll see an ease up, I would give it a couple of months and probably will start being easier to get."

Businesses say part of the reason for the shortage has to do with the war in Iraq, but now many customers are saying that with Obama in office, they are stockpiling for fear of what the future holds.

________________________ ________________________ ___________

Gun store owners shoukld send a thank you note to ZERO. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
"Oh, Archie!"  ::)
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Try getting any .223 right now or 9mm.

Last year 9mm was $10 a box, now its $22 a box

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
Checked 3 stores this past weekend and 2 of them were completely out of buckshot. I bought the remaining supply in the 3rd store.  Stock up when you get the chance boys.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
aint no lie, when all the cities and states where getting hit by this houston was fine on ammo...Now its getting scarce bad sign man...

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
so you recently purchased a gun and have the audacity to bitch about rising prices at the same time? its fucktards like you that buy into scare tactics

and what the fuck is .223 gonna stop anyway, a possum?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
so you recently purchased a gun and have the audacity to bitch about rising prices at the same time? its fucktards like you that buy into scare tactics

well it is good enough for the military...

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
well it is good enough for the military...

thats great. My and 332425425262 unfortunately live in a place where 30 round mags are evil, so to speak.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
thats great. My and 332425425262 unfortunately live in a place where 30 round mags are evil, so to speak.
what you talking bout willis, ny have some ban on high cap mags? whats they highest you can get?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
what you talking bout willis, ny have some ban on high cap mags? whats they highest you can get?

dude, u should know these things

ny is not texas lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
What are these people planning to do with their guns and bullets?

Become terrorists and fight the United States Government?  Start Terrorist Cells in America?

Who do they plan to shoot?  The United States Military?   Can someone tell me?  ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
dude, u should know these things

ny is not texas lol
lol my bad we can have beta mags down here

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Become terrorists and fight the United States Government?  Start Terrorist Cells in America?

Who do they plan to shoot?  The United States Military?   Can someone tell me?  ???

People aren't planning to shoot anybody.  It's simply the fear of another AWB becoming a reality.  Honestly TA, I think it is a mainly fear buying, but there is some concern because a new AWB would limit ammo capacity in firearms and there is also rumors of ammo limits(which is asinine). 

Just a very general reply.

I'm not panic buying any type of firearms.  I just wish there weren't so many people panic buying so the prices of ammo would come down so I could continue to practice without busting my wallet and also to compete.  I can't with the prices up so high right now. 

Thankfully, rifles are still fairly priced in my area.  I just purchased one for this upcoming season.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Fool.  DC Snipers killed 13 people with a.223.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I got plenty at a gun show pre ban - dont worry pal, I got everything I need already.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.

When the system breaks down, law and order breaks down. Brotherly love goes out the window. The police will not be there to protect you. I don't think it would be fun watching a loved one getting rapped by a bunch of thugs. Desparate people will resort to anything including breaking into houses to find food or in many documented cases, cannibalism. It could happen here. Recognize we are seeing signs of a colossal worldwide system failure. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
"Oh, Archie!"  ::)

Just to let you know, I am now starting a 'Third eye squeegeeing' service for all getbig'ers..................... .

Benny - you want in the Que ??
Growth/noob loves me

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
Fool.  DC Snipers killed 13 people with a.223.

From the tree line of all locations (VERY CLOSE IN OTHER-WORDS).
NOT THE BEST CALIBER IN THE WORLD - for putting some-one down.
Growth/noob loves me

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
From the tree line of all locations (VERY CLOSE IN OTHER-WORDS).
NOT THE BEST CALIBER IN THE WORLD - for putting some-one down.

most people in    shtf SCENARIO WONT BE WEARING BODY ARMOR

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
most people in    shtf SCENARIO WONT BE WEARING BODY ARMOR

I would counter that, I have 'BA' with all my guns.

I would wager that (being as civilian available as it is) it is going to be more than you think.
Solution = head shots - only 1 round per kill - conservation of ammunition is going to be top of the priority list.
Growth/noob loves me

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
When the system breaks down, law and order breaks down. Brotherly love goes out the window. The police will not be there to protect you. I don't think it would be fun watching a loved one getting rapped by a bunch of thugs. Desparate people will resort to anything including breaking into houses to find food or in many documented cases, cannibalism. It could happen here. Recognize we are seeing signs of a colossal worldwide system failure. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact.

I guess they toss Jesus out the window and become Rambo at the drop of a hat.  Nice to know that there is only a fine line of government order holding these lunatics back from total chaos and disorder.  So much for their religious indoctrination and its effectiveness on becoming a "moral and decent" person.  Makes me sick at the majority of simple minded fools that I have to live with.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
You have seen one too many movies.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Checked 3 stores this past weekend and 2 of them were completely out of buckshot. I bought the remaining supply in the 3rd store.  Stock up when you get the chance boys.

Do you like knives and swords too?
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I guess they toss Jesus out the window and become Rambo at the drop of a hat.  Nice to know that there is only a fine line of government order holding these lunatics back from total chaos and disorder.  So much for their religious indoctrination and its effectiveness on becoming a "moral and decent" person.  Makes me sick at the majority of simple minded fools that I have to live with.

Come to the Bronx and I will show you around.  Many of these people will flip a switch and go ape in a heartbeat. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
When are you going to start constructing an underground bunker with Rations?  I think a part of you is romanticized by an apocalyptic scenario and would love for it to happen.