Author Topic: Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are 'co-parenting'  (Read 1410 times)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are 'co-parenting'
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:06:02 AM »
Now that "grizzly mama"  is out of the picture maybe they'll have a normal life  :) I guess Bristol has some common sense afterall.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/16/bristol-palin-and-levi-johnston-are-co-parenting/?hpt=T2

Last month, Bristol Palin told Harper's Bazaar that Levi Johnston, her ex and the father of her son Tripp, was a "stranger" to her, yet reports have surfaced that their relationship is actually on the mend. In a statement to ABC's "Good Morning America," Palin defines the relationship as "co-parenting."

“I am doing my best to raise a happy, active and healthy boy,” Palin, 19, told “Good Morning America.”

“I believe that wherever possible, if the parents can cooperate and co-parent in a positive way, the child will benefit. Levi and I are turning a new page here as co-parents to this wonderful boy and putting aside the past because doing so is in Tripp’s best interest,” she added.

An article in Us Weekly claimed that Palin is back together with Johnston, quoting an unnamed source close to Palin who said the two are "very close" and "spend more time together than people think."
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are 'co-parenting'
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »
Now that "grizzly mama"  is out of the picture maybe they'll have a normal life  :) I guess Bristol has some common sense afterall.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/16/bristol-palin-and-levi-johnston-are-co-parenting/?hpt=T2

Last month, Bristol Palin told Harper's Bazaar that Levi Johnston, her ex and the father of her son Tripp, was a "stranger" to her, yet reports have surfaced that their relationship is actually on the mend. In a statement to ABC's "Good Morning America," Palin defines the relationship as "co-parenting."

“I am doing my best to raise a happy, active and healthy boy,” Palin, 19, told “Good Morning America.”

“I believe that wherever possible, if the parents can cooperate and co-parent in a positive way, the child will benefit. Levi and I are turning a new page here as co-parents to this wonderful boy and putting aside the past because doing so is in Tripp’s best interest,” she added.

An article in Us Weekly claimed that Palin is back together with Johnston, quoting an unnamed source close to Palin who said the two are "very close" and "spend more time together than people think."

maybe the idiot was tired of paying out so much in child support and not seeing his kid. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14:52 AM »

Excellent decision.  No matter what your opinion of her (or her mother is), she is showing remarkable maturity for putting any issues she and Levi have aside for the best interest of their child.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:15:25 AM »
maybe the idiot was tired of paying out so much in child support and not seeing his kid. 

Or maybe the idiot wanted to take the high road and do what is right.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 08:17:01 AM »
One of my clients' kids got his GF pregnant at 17 y/o.  The parents built an addition to the house to move them in and do the same thing. 

It was messy, but the client told me he didnt want the baby to suffer for the mistakes of the kids. 

Granted the two are not likely to ever get married, but at least the child is not living in a rat apartment with a single mother. 

The same is probably true heret oo. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:14:26 AM »
Castration and sterilization are in order here.
C

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:35:44 AM »
Castration and sterilization are in order here.

Forget starting with these two,we should start that process in Obamas Chicago communuity.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 09:59:10 AM »
Who cares.  This isn't political news, it's tmz type trash. 
Abandon every hope...

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »
Excellent decision.  No matter what your opinion of her (or her mother is), she is showing remarkable maturity for putting any issues she and Levi have aside for the best interest of their child.  

I agree. Now that apparently the Bitch is out of their lives (or at least has less influence on it) maybe they have a chance at being BOTH parents to that kid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 10:15:41 AM »
I agree. Now that apparently the Bitch is out of their lives (or at least has less influence on it) maybe they have a chance at being BOTH parents to that kid.

The "Bitch" as you call her is probably going to be able to prove that kid with a great life and financial support you moron.  That "Bitch" as you call her is the reason that kid wont have to live in squalor and actuially have a chance at life. 

Fool. 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 10:30:20 AM »
The "Bitch" as you call her is probably going to be able to prove that kid with a great life and financial support you moron.  That "Bitch" as you call her is the reason that kid wont have to live in squalor and actuially have a chance at life. 

Fool. 

WOw...did I strike a nerve ?? Should I be sorry for offending you, even though I'm not sure how I offended YOU by calling SP a bitch ??? Get a life man ..she's not your girlfriend.  ;D I'm sure she acted as a BITCH with Levy, afterall she dragged his ass on a national stage, with the sole purpose of making herself look good, "look at me what a great responsible parent I am" ....and probably contributed to Bristol and him getting separated when things went south for her but whatever who gives a shit this is such a non issue it's not even worth wasting my breath on it. :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »
I would personally never let my teenage daugher have a live-in boyfriend or miss 9 months of high school.  But that's just me.  Sarah paliln has her own parenting style, and who are any of us to judge her?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »
I would personally never let my teenage daugher have a live-in boyfriend or miss 9 months of high school.  But that's just me.  

I bet 99% of the rest of the country agrees with you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »
I bet 99% of the rest of the country agrees with you.

We don't know how things are in Alaska.  it's colder and things are far apart.  The roads are dangerous.  Hell, just a week before Palin had her kid, Bristol was reportedly in a car accident directly in front of a family health clinic - no doubt for the illness which had caused her to miss 9 months of school prior to that.

Maybe the roads are icy and the nights are cold... and sleeping over and doing a little drinking to stay warm (and hanging 50 crown royale bottle bags on the wall) is cool up there.

We don't know.  We don't live in alaska fellahs.  Cold weather changes things, i suppose

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
We don't know how things are in Alaska.  it's colder and things are far apart.  The roads are dangerous.  Hell, just a week before Palin had her kid, Bristol was reportedly in a car accident directly in front of a family health clinic - no doubt for the illness which had caused her to miss 9 months of school prior to that.

Maybe the roads are icy and the nights are cold... and sleeping over and doing a little drinking to stay warm (and hanging 50 crown royale bottle bags on the wall) is cool up there.

We don't know.  We don't live in alaska fellahs.  Cold weather changes things, i suppose

I have a wealthy client in the same situation as this.  Its not an easy scenario to deal with when children have children of their own. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »
I have a wealthy client in the same situation as this.  Its not an easy scenario to deal with when children have children of their own. 

I understand.  I'm nearly raising kids of a family relative who had them too young and didn't know what to do with them.  Two years back, I would have called Palin a shitty parent, etc.

But today... who knows... kids age quicker these days.  if the kid was 21, having her BF live with her, drinking, posting lots of pics of crowne royale bags on the wall, that would be acceptable because she's just young and having fun.  Obama and Bush were snorting coke at that age, right?  What's a little liquor and unprotected sex at that point?  Normal for many.

Scoot back 5 years to age 16, and it's taboo. 

So who knows.  i'd never let my kid do it at 16, but I understand Palin was busy in the capital city and the kids were alone a lot.  So maybe they were just being kids.  Should she have paid more attention to liquor pictures on her kids' myspace?  That's something to consider, but she might be one of those 'cool parents' who is okay with a 16 year old drinking liquor from the bottle.

We shouldn't judge others.  Unless Palin is trying to legislate anstinence or some alcohol laws, there's nothing hypocritical about it.  She's just of a more LIBERAL mindset when it comes to parenting.  Me, I'm a conservative.  I'd whoop my kids' ass if I saw pics of him doing shots and having sleepovers.  But I'm old fashioned.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 11:16:38 AM »
Does that make Billy a jackass too for calling The First lady a tranny or does that also make you a jackass for all the name calling you have constantly been doing on here?? I mean we want to apply the same standards all across the board...right?  ;D

I started calling that lazy eyed slump shouldered goof a tranny AFTER the libs on here mocked Palins baby.Once again,libs can say anything but take great offense if you insult their black gods.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 11:20:37 AM »

We shouldn't judge others.  Unless Palin is trying to legislate anstinence or some alcohol laws, there's nothing hypocritical about it.  She's just of a more LIBERAL mindset when it comes to parenting.  Me, I'm a conservative.  I'd whoop my kids' ass if I saw pics of him doing shots and having sleepovers.  But I'm old fashioned.

How exactly does her daughter getting pregnant make her a hypocrite?  The way I see it, she would be a hypocrite if she publicly supported abstinence (which is the common sense thing to do), but privately encouraged her child to have sex outside of marriage.   

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 11:21:25 AM »
One of my clients' kids got his GF pregnant at 17 y/o.  The parents built an addition to the house to move them in and do the same thing. 

It was messy, but the client told me he didnt want the baby to suffer for the mistakes of the kids. 

Granted the two are not likely to ever get married, but at least the child is not living in a rat apartment with a single mother. 

The same is probably true heret oo. 
There will be issues in the future...young buck vs. Old. Girlfriend vs Parents

And there is no such thing as co-parents, your ass is either a parent or not. Two people =parents. I like how people start using new terminology to define their relationships. For example, Fvck buddy or "sponsor".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 11:38:20 AM »
How exactly does her daughter getting pregnant make her a hypocrite?  The way I see it, she would be a hypocrite if she publicly supported abstinence (which is the common sense thing to do), but privately encouraged her child to have sex outside of marriage.   

I dont believe palin ever tried to tell others how to parent, nor bragged about her own successes.

So it's not hypocritical.  If she had said "Look, this is what I did, and by law you should do it too", that would be a big deal.  But she didn't do that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 01:28:01 PM »
I dont believe palin ever tried to tell others how to parent, nor bragged about her own successes.

So it's not hypocritical.  If she had said "Look, this is what I did, and by law you should do it too", that would be a big deal.  But she didn't do that.

I agree with the first sentence. 

Not sure I agree with the second.  If she said "here is what I taught my kids, I recommend you do the same," that wouldn't be a big deal, even if one of her kids chose not to do what she was taught.  A hypocrite is someone who doesn't practice what they preach.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 01:52:55 PM »
Not sure I agree with the second.  If she said "here is what I taught my kids, I recommend you do the same," that wouldn't be a big deal, even if one of her kids chose not to do what she was taught.  A hypocrite is someone who doesn't practice what they preach.   

I'm not sure palin ever told her kids to use abstinence.

If she did, and that was her policy, then she was very absent in her dutire by allowing sleepovers and alcohol consumption and 9 months missed school.

That's why I think she subscribed to a liberal parenting policy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
I'm not sure palin ever told her kids to use abstinence.

If she did, and that was her policy, then she was very absent in her dutire by allowing sleepovers and alcohol consumption and 9 months missed school.

That's why I think she subscribed to a liberal parenting policy.

I don't know exactly what she taught her kids, but I suspect it was abstinence.  The fact one of her kids chose not to follow what she taught doesn't make Palin a hypocrite. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 04:13:28 PM »
Or maybe the idiot wanted to take the high road and do what is right.

Posing for Playgirl and doing goofy commercials for a walnut company is hardly taking the high road.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 07:39:23 AM »
  Posing for Playgirl and doing goofy commercials for a walnut company is hardly taking the high road.

Any teenage kid being offered money when he has none is going to make the same choice.  Nothing wrong with it here.

Dude capitalized on his 15 mins of fame.  Nothing else.