Author Topic: Conde Rice ordered Bush to stay away from Wash. DC after 9/11  (Read 1737 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Conde Rice ordered Bush to stay away from Wash. DC after 9/11
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
Source: AOL
________________________ ____________

(Sept. 7) -- Condoleezza Rice shouted on the phone at President George W. Bush during the initial chaos after the 9/11 attacks and ordered him to stay away from the nation's capital. Then she hung up on him.

In a History Channel documentary that will be shown Thursday, two days before the ninth anniversary of the terrorist attacks, Rice says she got a phone call from the president after the second jetliner rammed the World Trade Center in New York. He was visiting a school in Florida and said he was coming back to Washington, where the Pentagon was struck by a third plane and rumors spread of a car bombing near the State Department.

No way, Rice told him.

''I said, 'You cannot come back here. The United States of America is under attack, you have to go to safety. We don't know what is going on here.'"

When the commander in chief persisted, Rice says she put down the phone.

"I said to him in a raised voice, and I had never raised my voice to the president before, I said, 'You cannot come back here.' I hung up," Britain's Independent reported today.

"The president was quite annoyed with me, to say the least," she said.

The documentary, "9-11: State of Emergency," also contains interviews with military leaders including former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, rescue workers, military members and survivors of the Pentagon and World Trade Center attacks.

Rice describes a chaotic White House struggling to function in an underground bunker as communication systems failed and the president was forced to communicate with staff over an unsecured line.

The bunker where she hid with Vice President Dick Cheney and other staff began to run out of air.

''There were so many people in the bunker that the oxygen levels started dropping, and the secret service came in and said we've got to get some people out of here, she said, according to London's Daily Mail. "'They literally went around telling people that they weren't essential and they had to leave."

Read more: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/new-documentary-c...

________________________ ________________________ _

Damn. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Conde Rice ordered Bush to stay away from Wash. DC after 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:59:54 PM »
19 pricks with boxcutters, huh?  oh brother...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »

more CT's crumbling one by one.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »
Interesting, Rice hung up on the President of the United States of America.

She didn't get to where she got by being sheepish.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »
and not one credible ct that stands up to more than a 2 sec google search, huh? oh brother...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 04:42:56 PM »
Good story.  That woman has cojones.   :) 

I wonder how the people felt who were booted from the bunker after being told they were not "essential"?  That's a kick in the stomach. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
Little by little, GW Bush looks more and more like a compatent, compassionate President who loved America. A far cry from the empty suit who sits in the big seat today. Always pay close attention to liberal lynch mobs-- the recipient of their ire is usually going to be vindicated at the end of the day.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »
Little by little, GW Bush looks more and more like a compatent, compassionate President who loved America. A far cry from the empty suit who sits in the big seat today. Always pay close attention to liberal lynch mobs-- the recipient of their ire is usually going to be vindicated at the end of the day.

Yeah.  History will be much kinder to him than the polls near the end of his term.  Obama has tremendously helped the public's perception of Bush. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »

Of course not!  It was a Ferkasian laser perpetrated by the MIB using Darpa as a shell company for the Illuminati with all major media news outlets in on it and approximately 2800 government employees who specialize in disinformation.  Get with the program dude and stop being a sheeple.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 05:46:23 PM »
why didnt she just warn bush in advance like she warned the mayor of San Francisco who decided not to fly that day?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
why didnt she just warn bush in advance like she warned the mayor of San Francisco who decided not to fly that day?

*neocons covering their ears*

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 08:17:39 PM »
The cool thing about this story, it's not mentioned here but maybe it'll be in the actual documentary, he did go back to Washington that day. That night when he went to bed, he went to bed in his regular bed in the White House, not in a bunker. That was a president with balls and who understood the difference between appearance and importance.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 08:19:16 PM »
any good CT yet?  ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »

*libtards still without credible evidence*

....oh wait, the mayor contradicted himself.  Yep, conclusive proof...my bad. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
another 2 sec google search destroys CT's

240 youve never answered this question and Im sure I know the answer why but Ill ask again...do you ever look at the evidence that debunks your theories?

http://www.911myths.com/index.php/Willie_Brown
The mayor, who was booked to fly to New York yesterday morning from San Francisco International Airport, said the call "didn't come in any alarming fashion, which is why I'm hesitant to make an alarming statement."
In fact, at the time, he didn't pay it much mind.

"It was not an abnormal call. I'm always concerned if my flight is going to be on time, and they always alert me when I ought to be careful."

Exactly where the call came from is a bit of a mystery. The mayor would say only that it came from "my security people at the airport."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/09/12/MN229389.DTL

"Former U.S. Secretary of State George Shultz said yesterday that he was "startled" by a little-noticed State Department memo that was issued a week ago and warned that Americans "may be the target of a terrorist threat."
The memo, issued just four days before the attacks on New York and Washington, identified the threat as coming from "extremist groups with links to Osama bin Ladin's al Qaeda organization."

"I have not idea what intelligence lies behind the warning," Shultz said, but they put this out because they had some sort of intelligence."

Shultz, who served as secretary of state under President Reagan, said he received a copy of the Sept. 7 "worldwide warning" in his San Francisco office on the day before the fatal attacks. The memo addressed concerns for Americans overseas and made no mention of any possible attack on U.S. soil...

Officials at San Francisco International Airport said they weren't aware of the State Department warning - but someone in the airport security section knew of it and passed word of the warning onto Mayor Willie Brown when he called to check on the status of flight he was planning to take to New York

but with all CT'ers dont let facts get in the way  ::) ::) ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 08:36:37 PM »
of course he contradicted himself.

the initial statement he made to reporters was the accurate one...
http://articles.sfgate.com/2001-09-12/news/17616221_1_airport-security-mayor-willie-brown-city-hall

Once it became a HUGE DEAL, he changed his story, of course.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »

http://articles.sfgate.com/2001-09-12/news/17616221_1_airport-security-mayor-willie-brown-city-hall

Do you look over stuff like this when forming your dementia?

"It was not an abnormal call. I'm always concerned if my flight is going to be on time, and they always alert me when I ought to be careful."

Exactly where the call came from is a bit of a mystery. The mayor would say only that it came from "my security people at the airport."

Mike McCarron, assistant deputy director at SFO, said the Federal Aviation Administration "routinely" issues security notices about possible threats. He said two or three such notices have been received in the past couple of months,

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/09/12/MN229389.DTL#ixzz0yuE17Ywz

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »
NEWSWEEK 'September 10, 2001: US Generals Warned Not to Fly on Morning of 9/11'

September 10, 2001: US Generals Warned Not to Fly on Morning of 9/11  According to a Newsweek report on September 13, “[t]he state of alert had been high during the past two weeks, and a particularly urgent warning may have been received the night before the attacks, causing some top Pentagon brass to cancel a trip. Why that same information was not available to the 266 people who died aboard the four hijacked commercial aircraft may become a hot topic on the Hill.” [Newsweek, 9/13/2001] Far from becoming a hot topic, the only additional media mention of this story will be in the next issue of Newsweek: “a group of top Pentagon officials suddenly canceled travel plans for the next morning, apparently because of security concerns.” [Newsweek, 9/24/2001

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 08:43:02 PM »

Strange, no mention of Condi there.

*CT'rs covering their ears*

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »

Strange, no mention of Condi there.

*CT'rs covering their ears*
LOL I saw that too  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 08:44:52 PM »

September 10, 2001: US Generals Warned Not to Fly on Morning of 9/11  According to a Newsweek report on September 13, “[t]he state of alert had been high during the past two weeks, and a particularly urgent warning may have been received the night before the attacks, causing some top Pentagon brass to cancel a trip. Why that same information was not available to the 266 people who died aboard the four hijacked commercial aircraft may become a hot topic on the Hill.” [Newsweek, 9/13/2001] Far from becoming a hot topic, the only additional media mention of this story will be in the next issue of Newsweek: “a group of top Pentagon officials suddenly canceled travel plans for the next morning, apparently because of security concerns.” [Newsweek, 9/24/2001

so you go from a group of ppl who regularly according to them get security updates telling them about the safety of their travel plans...to using one of those regular updates in a wild ass CT?

how do you make that jump 240?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »

Mike McCarron, assistant deputy director at SFO, said the Federal Aviation Administration "routinely" issues security notices about possible threats. He said two or three such notices have been received in the past couple of months,

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/09/12/MN229389.DTL#ixzz0yuE17Ywz

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 08:49:29 PM »

haha...way to live RULE #6

"6. The Law of Infinite Permutations: Even in the case that an infinite amount of statements are proven wrong an equally infinite amount of new statements can be made.

For example: in a discussion I had the moonbat asserted that no black boxes were found from the 9/11 crashes. When I pointed out that the black boxes from the Pentagon and Pennsylvania crashes had in fact been found, he changed his argument to "OK, well 2 of them have been found, but the data has not been released". I then pointed out that in fact they played the cockpit voice recorders to members of the families who requested. His argument then changed to, "well they were probably faked". And this of course can go on ad infinitum."

Can't back up your Condi bullshit, so now you're off on another tangent.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »

haha...way to live RULE #6

"6. The Law of Infinite Permutations: Even in the case that an infinite amount of statements are proven wrong an equally infinite amount of new statements can be made.

For example: in a discussion I had the moonbat asserted that no black boxes were found from the 9/11 crashes. When I pointed out that the black boxes from the Pentagon and Pennsylvania crashes had in fact been found, he changed his argument to "OK, well 2 of them have been found, but the data has not been released". I then pointed out that in fact they played the cockpit voice recorders to members of the families who requested. His argument then changed to, "well they were probably faked". And this of course can go on ad infinitum."

Can't back up your Condi bullshit, so now you're off on another tangent.  ::)
my spidey senses tell me that 240 will run away from this thread and act like it never existed even bringing up the same ignorant points in future 9/11 threads in which he will be chased away from in the same fashion as this ct ass beating... ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 08:57:01 PM »
i concede the condi point.

now, about that newsweek article?