Author Topic: GOP strategist (Ed Rollins): Republicans were `caught with their pants down’ on  (Read 1310 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
By the voting public at large it will be forgotten because it is all about the economy. And even concerning immigration reform not every single person who is from "South of the Border" is for this plan and on a bigger scale is for amnesty. It would be silly to think that.

Maybe I should have been more clear, but I usually give my fellow GetBiggers the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being able to comprehend simple things. Oh well, I guess I will have to spell it out more obviously next time.

Bam hot his wad too soon.  We Still have 5 jobs reports, ObamaCare ruling, 20 weekly job claims reporting, etc.  

By. november, this will be long forgotten

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
By the voting public at large it will be forgotten because it is all about the economy. And even concerning immigration reform not every single person who is from "South of the Border" is for this plan and on a bigger scale is for amnesty. It would be silly to think that.

Maybe I should have been more clear, but I usually give my fellow GetBiggers the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being able to comprehend simple things. Oh well, I guess I will have to spell it out more obviously next time.

No amount of side shows will get the voters' mind off the economy. Obama will have to defend his pitiful record, and once he does, the bloodletting begins and he and his party take another beating ala 2010.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bam hot his wad too soon.  We Still have 5 jobs reports, ObamaCare ruling, 20 weekly job claims reporting, etc.  

By. november, this will be long forgotten

If Rush's prediction is correct, look for Obama to pander to college kids by forgiving their student loans and/or pandering to just about everyone else (particularly minorities) by giving mortgage amnesty.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
I'd be more inclined to believe the "they know they are in trouble" angle if they pulled it out closer to the election as sort of a fourth and down Hail Mary play

Doing it 5 months out just gives them more time to run on this and also gives Romney many many opportunties to look bad by not taking a definitive stance

good point

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
The politics will be great and it will be a bit of a tightrope. And every hispanic/latino etc doesn't automatically want mass amnesty either. But in the end this will be about the economy, if "they" can stay on message about it and keep hammering away I think this all passes in a month or two esp. if the data keeps coming in negative.

Immigration will be part of the election, but the economy is the #1 issue and it isn't even close.

true

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
If Rush's prediction is correct, look for Obama to pander to college kids by forgiving their student loans and/or pandering to just about everyone else (particularly minorities) by giving mortgage amnesty.

drinking too much cell tech again I see, Mcway.......whites need mortgage amnesty much more than blacks do

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Again - got caught speechless because obama said twice last year that doing this was ILLEGAL and no one thought he would do this treasonous bs. 

Same with Obama pushing health care after Scott Brown won in mass.   No one ever dreamed , except many of us who know and understand the true nature of obama's question for communist dictatorship, that he would be so blatant about this. 

I blame the GOP for this since they are acting like this is a big surprise when it shouldnt have been. 

Bwahahahhaaa ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
You might not like it, but it looks like it was a good political move at just the right time.  It's left Romney standing there saying, "duh, what do I say now... der......" and republicans crying foul which doesn't look good. Republicans are not getting the upper hand on this.

Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-immigration-shift-hit-voters-says-poll-144334585.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-immigration-shift-hit-voters-says-poll-144334585.html

Gallup has romney ahead today and bam approval down to 45.

Ras has Romney up by 4. 

This is all just another obama diversion tactic to avoid discussing his record. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Gallup has romney ahead today and bam approval down to 45.

Ras has Romney up by 4. 

This is all just another obama diversion tactic to avoid discussing his record. 
only pointing out that Ed Rollins was right on this point.  Republicans were about to smash Obama with a big hammer and in a flash found the hammer switched with a toothpick lol...  Better hope he doesn't have more tricks up his sleeve like this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
only pointing out that Ed Rollins was right on this point.  Republicans were about to smash Obama with a big hammer and in a flash found the hammer switched with a toothpick lol...  Better hope he doesn't have more tricks up his sleeve like this.

I think Obama is also getting ahead of the AZ 1070 ruling coming this week or the next.   He thinks he is going to lose on that and wanted to try to do something so a sdecision like this does not look like panic after losing at the SC. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Meh.  They don't need to be prepared for the president to do something unconstitutional.  They just need to have an appropriate response. 

It's still about the economy.