Author Topic: chad jackson cut by patriots  (Read 2795 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
chad jackson cut by patriots
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:16:49 PM »
wasn't he supposed to be the next TO minus the attitude?

;D

E
E

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: chad jackson cut by patriots
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
what the hell?

body88

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:57:59 PM »
Jackson has all the physical tools to be an elite player..... Ob he lacks the drive to do so. He will thrive in a less complicated system, where wr's are not asked to read coverages while in route. Having watched him since he came in the league, the skills are there, but it looks like he is a underachiever in the class room.Also, Jackson was out all of last year with an acl. I believe he is in for a try out with Oakland right now. Looked good in camp, so this is kind of a shocker to me....maybe some type of attitude issue? Some guys don't have the mental ability to play in certain systems. Belichick said that he worked his but off. Competition was pretty fierce for the 4th wr spot. Ventrone showed he was the better man, plus he plays defense and special teams ( Troy Brown).

Ps: Browns will win your division this year ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:55 PM »

Ps: Browns will win your division this year ;)

you also said jackson was the next TO ;)

E
E

body88

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »
you also said jackson was the next TO ;)

E

How do you know he wont be? He missed the entire season least year with a torn ACL....he is also only 21. I think Jackson will be awesome in a basic system, where the wr does not have to make multiple reads.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:42:33 PM »

How do you know he wont be? He missed the entire season least year with a torn ACL....he is also only 21. I think Jackson will be awesome in a basic system, where the wr does not have to make multiple reads.

if he had that kind of potential the pats would've kept him

E
E

body88

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:03:29 PM »
if he had that kind of potential the pats would've kept him

E

Why.... They are loaded at wr. I have watched Jackson play, he is physically gifted.... He will do extremely well in a basic system, where NFL receivers are not asked to make complicated reads in conjunction with the QB. Just because he is not a good fit with the pats, does not mean he will not be a good fit with another team. He has all he tools, and he is a physical freak.

The Pats took Vrabel from you, and turned him into an all- pro in the pats system. Gaffney is thriving in NE, and he was cut by the Texans a few years back, and called a bust by many. A system can make or break a player.

Jackson has to mature, and smarten up.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 12:59:51 PM »

i knew the Raiders would try him out. if he does go to the Raiders, his career is advancing to bust level. there is no one there in that franchise that can turn a young player around i believe, its never happend in Oakland, there are no leaders there. he will likely get lost. i dont think the Pats would release him if they didnt see any potential in him, is it also safe to say they probably tried to shop him first but found no takers.

body88

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »
i knew the Raiders would try him out. if he does go to the Raiders, his career is advancing to bust level. there is no one there in that franchise that can turn a young player around i believe, its never happend in Oakland, there are no leaders there. he will likely get lost. i dont think the Pats would release him if they didnt see any potential in him, is it also safe to say they probably tried to shop him first but found no takers.

I do.... They are loaded at wr, and they don't need to waste time on a guy that would not be a good fit for their system. Different systems are better for certain players. Again, having watched Jackson play, it is not his skills that are holding him back. He seems to have trouble picking up the complexity of the system. NE requires wr's to make a second or even third read while in their route, and some guys struggle with that. Jackson will do well in a place where he runs to a certain spot, and doesent have to worry about making complicated reads.

I already gave two examples of players who came into NE's system and began to thrive. Jabar Gaffney was a second round pick, who was labeled a bust after he was cut by the Texans.....now he is a player who is thriving in NE's system, and doing a great job.

The average for a wr to develop in the NFL is three years. Jackson missed the entire year last year with a torn ACL. He is very young and immature. I will call him a bust if he comes out of camp and stinks next season. For the record, he was a bust in NE's system.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:36:06 PM »

Why.... They are loaded at wr. I have watched Jackson play, he is physically gifted.... He will do extremely well in a basic system, where NFL receivers are not asked to make complicated reads in conjunction with the QB. Just because he is not a good fit with the pats, does not mean he will not be a good fit with another team. He has all he tools, and he is a physical freak.

The Pats took Vrabel from you, and turned him into an all- pro in the pats system. Gaffney is thriving in NE, and he was cut by the Texans a few years back, and called a bust by many. A system can make or break a player.

Jackson has to mature, and smarten up.

he won't be TO

as for vrabel, the pats didn't "take" him

he was behind several pro bowl linebackers, you can't keep everybody

E
E

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 02:21:26 PM »
I do.... They are loaded at wr, and they don't need to waste time on a guy that would not be a good fit for their system. Different systems are better for certain players. Again, having watched Jackson play, it is not his skills that are holding him back. He seems to have trouble picking up the complexity of the system. NE requires wr's to make a second or even third read while in their route, and some guys struggle with that. Jackson will do well in a place where he runs to a certain spot, and doesent have to worry about making complicated reads.

I already gave two examples of players who came into NE's system and began to thrive. Jabar Gaffney was a second round pick, who was labeled a bust after he was cut by the Texans.....now he is a player who is thriving in NE's system, and doing a great job.

The average for a wr to develop in the NFL is three years. Jackson missed the entire year last year with a torn ACL. He is very young and immature. I will call him a bust if he comes out of camp and stinks next season. For the record, he was a bust in NE's system.
my point being is that i think they would have excepted a trade if a team offered them one rather than just letting him go for nothing, the Pats are opportunists. also going to the Raiders if he does will not be good for his career.

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »
my point being is that i think they would have excepted a trade if a team offered them one rather than just letting him go for nothing, the Pats are opportunists. also going to the Raiders if he does will not be good for his career.

Thats true, but any savvy gm or owner would know that the pats would have to release Jackson eventually, and that he was not worth much do to the fact he has not seen much of the field.

I dont agree with the fact that they showcased him during the preseason, because they had rookies tossing him the rock. Thats not how you make a guy look good, when he is getting balls thrown behind him, and out of place.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 06:33:32 PM »
from what little i saw of him i did think he was a lock to be at least a very productive decent reciever a solid number 2 at worst. its hard to imagine that he was that far beyond hope? i thought he was a steal for the Pats at that pick.
and yeah i guess the other gm's and coaches would have all the leverage knowing that he would have to be cut sooner or later

body88

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 08:15:34 AM »
from what little i saw of him i did think he was a lock to be at least a very productive decent reciever a solid number 2 at worst. its hard to imagine that he was that far beyond hope? i thought he was a steal for the Pats at that pick.
and yeah i guess the other gm's and coaches would have all the leverage knowing that he would have to be cut sooner or later

I was under the same impression, and he looked good when he first came in to the leauge. The only thing I can think of, is that his injury was more serious than the pats let on, or he was not picking up the system. He looked pretty good in preseason?