Author Topic: More proof that the macronutrient profile matters and it's not just calories  (Read 3074 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Where's TA been hiding.

http://ergo-log.com/strength-training-hypercaloric-ketogenic-diet.html

More bullshit from the keto crowd. This is a high-protein diet. Keto advocates say the diet should be 85% fat 5% carbs iand 10% protein.

“Another group of men received a protein-rich - 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day - but low-carbohydrate diet - the men ate a maximum of 42 grams of carbohydrates per day. [KD] The caloric intake was high. Every day the men ate more than 3000 kilocalories.”

The tools who did the study also sound like illiterate morons:

“The men in the control group continued to eat as they used to be. [CG]”🤔

pellius

• Getbig V
More bullshit from the keto crowd. This is a high-protein diet. Keto advocates say the diet should be 85% fat 5% carbs iand 10% protein.

“Another group of men received a protein-rich - 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day - but low-carbohydrate diet - the men ate a maximum of 42 grams of carbohydrates per day. [KD] The caloric intake was high. Every day the men ate more than 3000 kilocalories.”

The tools who did the study also sound like illiterate morons:

“The men in the control group continued to eat as they used to be. [CG]”🤔

OK, call it high protein. The point I was making is that macronutrients, and how you combine them, matter. It's not just a calorie is a calorie.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
A balanced diet provides micronutrients.

For those who live in Burbank, this means "eat a variety of foods".

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
You mean macronutrient

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
The point I was making is that macronutrients, and how you combine them, matter. It's not just a calorie is a calorie.

genetics matter, thats it.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
You mean macronutrient

The study is an indecipherable mess.

At this point, I’ve seen enough of this bullshit studies to conclude that the entire industry is just a compensation scam.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Of course, macros count

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
p

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
FYI pellius, a micronutrient is something for which the RDA is <1g, eg: potassium, vitamin c, etc

You likely meant 'macronutrient' - proteins, carbohydrates, & fats

pellius

• Getbig V
FYI pellius, a micronutrient is something for which the RDA is <1g, eg: potassium, vitamin c, etc

You likely meant 'macronutrient' - proteins, carbohydrates, & fats

You're right. It was a typo. I'll see if I can correct the title.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
This debate became confused because most did
not understand what was being discussed. Calorie is a calorie in the context of weight gain/loss. You cannot eat unlimited "clean" calories and not gain weight. Conversely, eating shit calories do not prevent weight loss. And diets like keto do not confer magical benefits due to less insulin or what have you.It seems to work because a "bodybuilder keto" diet woth high protein reduce appetite. And so on.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Whatever happened to the days of just eating a balanced diet?  ??? ??? ???
X

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Actually they both matter.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
who cares about this when 99% of the people fail at diets since they have zero discipline

they need to do articles on will power not the macros. if you cannot get the will power it doesnt matter what diet you do

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
who cares about this when 99% of the people fail at diets since they have zero discipline

they need to do articles on will power not the macros. if you cannot get the will power it doesnt matter what diet you do

I believe it is more than a lack of will power that gets in the way of success for many people. Some people who have been overweight most of their lives cannot envision themselves thin or thinner. The extra weight has been part of their identity for so long, losing it is scary business. The same is true for people wanting to gain weight. Until they are able to visualize themselves at a healthier weight, the chances of permanent success is greatly reduced.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

In the end nothing matters
a

pellius

• Getbig V

That was the point I was making.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I believe it is more than a lack of will power that gets in the way of success for many people. Some people who have been overweight most of their lives cannot envision themselves thin or thinner. The extra weight has been part of their identity for so long, losing it is scary business. The same is true for people wanting to gain weight. Until they are able to visualize themselves at a healthier weight, the chances of permanent success is greatly reduced.

It’s also just breaking the habit of eating a certain way that’s difficult. TTC is right though. The psychological part is way harder than the technical part. You could design a diet for someone to lose weight in a few minutes, but most wouldn’t be able to execute it.  Yet, all these so-called nutritional Gurus go on about is macro combinations.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
I’ve yet to meet more then 5 people that have the discipline to stick to any sort of diet even if it’s a easy one. Most people have zero control .

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
all competing bodybuilders stick to a diet.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
all competing bodybuilders stick to a diet.

Up to the contest.

Then they go crazy and eat boxes of Ho-Hos.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
I`ve mostly always counted macros as opposed to cals except if and when I needed to drop a few more pounds for a contest.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Up to the contest.

Then they go crazy and eat boxes of Ho-Hos.

Ive done that twice after shows.. lost my shit and cannot control myself - not a good idea -

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I`ve mostly always counted macros as opposed to cals except if and when I needed to drop a few more pounds for a contest.

Which is really the same thing for the most part. We know you need protein to maintain muscle so you play with the fats and carbs while keeping protein high. Some like a higher fat to carb ratio and vice versa but either or both have to come down to keep losing weight (fat) - which means lowering calories.