Author Topic: George Bush lied about Iraq...  (Read 2226 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: George Bush lied about Iraq...
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 04:46:33 PM »
The fact that we were a founding member....we had an off day. Despite the Chamberlain like appeasers of the Clinton foreign policy team, we've always had a problem with the UN. Clinton never met a deployment opportunity he didn't like.
Appeasers?  Didn't Clinton bomb Kosovo and Iraq?

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 08:00:42 PM »
Planting would have been risky..but here is where the libs loose me. They blame Bush, think he's an idiot, think the CIA is evil etc etc..yet can't believe that either of them could have made a mistake in assuming that Iraq had WMDS and might use them or more importantly sell them or loose control of them. Further...generally don't need to fear another sovereign nation as Decker points out, but where he looses me is that we're not fighting a sovereign nation as much as we're fighting a loosely tied organization or organizations who are well funded and trained but not tied to any country. If AQ detonates a dirty bomb or nuke...we have no recourse. We have nothing to bomb or target. We'll be doing what we are doing now..hunting small cells and trying to roll up the leadership.

I strongly suspect that if we stopped our reliance on the Oil from the Middle East and developed alternative fuels we would seriously cut AQs funding.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 08:03:56 PM »
Well we would have alot less to worry about.
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »
Clinton never met a deployment opportunity he didn't like.

or a fat chic