Author Topic: What are all you SUV owners gonna do when oil doubles over the next 5 years?  (Read 5239 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
The demand from china and india is expected to grow even more in the coming few years.

The supply side is getting more and more expensive as the "easy" oil dries up.

Result equals continuing higher and higher oil prices according to many...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Install one of these with a hydrogen generator and replace the gas tank with a water tank ;D

The V-10 H2 ICE 225-310 horsepower.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
pay more money I guess. What else would we do get rid of them? Hell no

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Install one of these with a hydrogen generator and replace the gas tank with a water tank ;D

The V-10 H2 ICE 225-310 horsepower.

Word!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Berserk......  show the link where he said that.........  his brain washing has hit the final phase i think.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Berserk......  show the link where he said that.........  his brain washing has hit the final phase i think.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=90675.msg1305302#msg1305302

OzmO

• Getbig V
unreal.  I find it hard to believe there are people that brain washed.  I'm at a loss here.  No wonder the whole world thinks USA is stupid.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
unreal.  I find it hard to believe there are people that brain washed.  I'm at a loss here.  No wonder the whole thinks USA is stupid.
That's what happens when you get the daily dose from guys like Rush and Hannity.  :P

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
No wonder the whole thinks USA is stupid.

??? Are you stupid or something? You maketh no sense.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

JasonH

• Getbig V
The demand from china and india is expected to grow even more in the coming few years.

If they acn afford a $40,000 car in the first place they aren't going to give a shit how much the oil price goes up - they'll just pay it.
Hopefully in about five or ten years time we'll be using an alternative source of fuel in cars anyway. At least I hope we will.

jwb

• Getbig V
If they acn afford a $40,000 car in the first place they aren't going to give a shit how much the oil price goes up - they'll just pay it.
Hopefully in about five or ten years time we'll be using an alternative source of fuel in cars anyway. At least I hope we will.
The chance of there not being another recession in the next ten years is pretty remote IMO... we are WAY overdue for one right now based on history.

If oil continues to rise then inflation will skyrocket - the cost of making and distributing products is linked very closely to the price of oil. The response of central banks is ALWAYS to raise interest rates to curb demand. The general result is higher unemployment as demand drops because money is tighter.

Many people who can currently afford a large gas guzzler may find themselves paying more for everything not only gas in 5 years. They may not have a job either...

Don't forget the prices of gas in america as well as many other products has been artifically lower then the rest of the world for many many years. I doubt that will continue personally... the big car party might be over

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
When gas becomes too expensive for me to drive my hot rod I'm gonna kill you and siphon the gas out of your gas tank.

jwb

• Getbig V
When gas becomes too expensive for me to drive my hot rod I'm gonna kill you and siphon the gas out of your gas tank.
Don't own a car sorry... live in the centre of a large city so don't need one

Butterbean

• Getbig V
pay more money I guess. What else would we do get rid of them? Hell no

Agree.  I need mine.   I am looking at buying a smaller one now, but mine is so pretty. ;D
R

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Heres what I'll do
X

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Heres what I'll do

Make sure you go back in time and remove the bastards in the oil industry responsible stopping the production of hemp based fuel.

Just think about how energy independent our country would be.

Fvckers.  >:(

OzmO

• Getbig V
??? Are you stupid or something? You maketh no sense.

Don't make me go research the nationality of the chief at the Fat Duck and where he was trained.  There's a 70% chance he's french and or was trained in france.   :P

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
I bet they ebay them to Arabs!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
Don't make me go research the nationality of the chief at the Fat Duck and where he was trained.  There's a 70% chance he's french and or was trained in france.   :P

No, he's English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heston_Blumenthal
الاسلام هو شيطانية

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
It's hurting allot of old people in New England.  I don't know how people who don't know how to hustle a few bucks for the finer things are going to do.  I see it all the time.  Old people who can't heat their houses they worked all their lives to own and the utility's are killing them.  To live a comfortable life here, it takes 2 almost 6 figure incomes and even those are bitching.  I guess that's why they all go where 240 is to live the last years of their lives.  Sad, but true.  The SUV.  It used to cost 10 to fill the tank, then 20 now 30 doesn't even top it off.  It's raining and I'm board.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

OzmO

• Getbig V
No, he's English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heston_Blumenthal

Ah.....  you so lucky!   ;)

But at least the guy knows what good food is.   (french)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
Ah.....  you so lucky!   ;)

But at least the guy knows what good food is.   (french)

Italian > French
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Were are going to "adapt". I don't think anybody is going to roll over and die. What do you drive? A bycycle?
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Cool!
The House that Ruth built

OzmO

• Getbig V
Italian > French

I like em both.  (Italian = French) > Asian > Swiedish > Arabic > Indian > American > South American > English (except Fish & Chips, scones, Tea, fried tomatoes, sheppard's pie)