Author Topic: Zogby: Obama Beats 'Rudy McRomney'  (Read 1775 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Zogby: Obama Beats 'Rudy McRomney'
« on: May 24, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:59 p.m. EDT
Zogby: Obama Beats 'Rudy McRomney'

Democrat Barack Obama would defeat any of the three Republican front-runners - Rudy Giuliani, John McCain and Mitt Romney - in a head-to-head presidential election, but McCain and Giuliani would outpoll Democrats Hillary Clinton and John Edwards, a surprising new poll reveals.

NewsMax has obtained in advance the results of the poll by Zogby International (www.zogby.com), which will release the results later Wednesday night.

Zogby polled nearly 1,000 likely voters – 377 Democrats, 357 Republicans and 258 Independents.

The 2008 GOP front-runners, sometimes referred to by political wags as "Rudy McRomney," showed mixed results in the Zogby poll.

Asked whom they would vote for if the race was between John McCain and Hillary Clinton, 46.6 percent chose McCain and 42.9 percent named Clinton, with the remainder selecting "someone else” or "will not vote.”

McCain also beat out John Edwards by a margin of 46 percent to 41.2 percent.

But when matched against Obama, the Senator from Illinois outpolled McCain, 45.6 percent to 43.2 percent.

Giuliani also beat Clinton, 48.1 percent to 43.1 percent, and Edwards, 46.7 percent to 43.3 percent. But matched against Obama, Giuliani trailed with 42.2 percent of the vote compared to 48.1 percent for Obama.

In a head-to-head race with Romney, Clinton won by about 7 percentage points, while Obama and Edwards both beat Romney by about 15 points.

Former Sen. Fred Thompson, who has not announced his candidacy, actually drew slightly more votes than did Romney when matched against Clinton, Obama and Edwards.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/5/23/160850.shtml?s=ic

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Zogby: Obama Beats 'Rudy McRomney'
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:14:33 AM »
BB,

What, suddenly you BELIEVE zogby polls?

you've crapped all over them.  WHy change now?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:10 AM »
Obama is relatively unknown but most people don't like Hilary representing women as a President.  It could go either way.  Most have lost favor with this poll, at least since 02.  http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_22_56/ai_n13659409
Squishy face retard

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23:46 AM »
Internet Stalker.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »
Obama is probably my pick right now... BUT, that being said, he's only my pick because I know where all of the others stand on everything, and his policy seems a bit "fuzzy" right now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »
BB,

Can you get over yourself already?  I don't "believe" in polls period.  You can manipulate a poll to say whatever you want.  As I've said before, I believe they are discussion pieces.   

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:07 AM »
Obama is probably my pick right now... BUT, that being said, he's only my pick because I know where all of the others stand on everything, and his policy seems a bit "fuzzy" right now.

In other words, you're an idiot!

Doom disapproves.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »
In other words, you're an idiot!

Doom disapproves.

No, it means I'm WAITING for more information before making a truly INFORMED decision... duh.

Oh, and Reed Richards will always kick your ass. :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 11:17:57 AM »
Can you get over yourself already?  I don't "believe" in polls period.  You can manipulate a poll to say whatever you want.  As I've said before, I believe they are discussion pieces.   

Yeah, it's interesting, this poll thing.  I was listening to Gene Burns on the radio yesterday (bay area radio talk show) and he was discussing a poll of Muslim Americans that said 50% of them believe the 9/11 attacks were not done by Muslims.  You could take that little piece a run all kinds of directions with it.

But what i found real interesting is his assertion that you can construct a poll and get 15% of the people to agree that the moon is made of cheese.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 11:41:49 AM »
Yeah, it's interesting, this poll thing.  I was listening to Gene Burns on the radio yesterday (bay area radio talk show) and he was discussing a poll of Muslim Americans that said 50% of them believe the 9/11 attacks were not done by Muslims.  You could take that little piece a run all kinds of directions with it.

But what i found real interesting is his assertion that you can construct a poll and get 15% of the people to agree that the moon is made of cheese.

Exactly. 

I've listened to Gene Burns.  Haven't heard that name in a while.  He must be about 100 years old.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »

You mean it's not?

NOOOO!!!

Khhhaaaaaannn!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »
You mean it's not?

NOOOO!!!

Khhhaaaaaannn!!!

It wasn't 50%,  i was wrong.....28% of Muslim Americans flatly disbelieve arabs conducted the 9/11 attacks  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 12:07:42 PM »
It wasn't 50%,  i was wrong.....28% of Muslim Americans flatly disbelieve arabs conducted the 9/11 attacks  ::)

that's just ignorance.  we know that 19 arabs slashed their way to the cockpits and planned to hijack planes.

I think the doubt and confusion comes from "how did those 19 arabs do a 20-second countdown to demolish Building #7"? 

Of course those 19 pricks did the hijackings.  But many believe they had permission slips, and that some old white guys took out financial liabilities at the same convenient time.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 02:20:44 PM »
BB,

exactly, polls are shit. Ask John Kerry
gotta love life