Author Topic: PHYSIQUE - Success or Failure?  (Read 12298 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: PHYSIQUE - Success or Failure?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
CORE, I think I totally agree with you regarding JACO. DO you know if it is true that he placed 3rd in a recent LV .. contest .... THANKS, ENZO.?

There is a great beginner's phot of JACO that was taken when he first  started. It proves that most young guys in decent shape can improve themselves immensely.

I'll try to find that photo and  post it here someplace.

But first here's a photo of Sergi that I took at the Oly Meet the Pros event and a photo of Mark ANthony taken at the Oly Expo. Not sure butg I think Mark won the Olympia Physique that day ... or possibly the year before.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »
Guy in 2nd pic there has triceps worse than mine.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
JACO at the start ..... But I have no idea how many years passed from s tart to finish.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »
Marc Anthony and Steve Cook are 2 US physique pros that come to mind in terms of being in every magazine with multiple sponsors.

The goals of competitors in this realm are different than a typical bodybuilder. Most want mainstream exposure through modeling campaigns and fitness endorsements. 2 guys with very successful careers and sick builds are my brothers Sergi Constance and Jaco De Bruyn

Me getting dwarfed

Marc Anthony is a overrated douche! Guy shouldn't have won and many agree! It's obviously his "connections" with jay among other stuff!

Imo Jason Poston is the best overall right now

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »
Jason Poston is a babe, which brings me to my next point: I don't really care for men's physique because the poses look unnatural and effeminate, plus, I like dudes with legs.
That said, there are some dudes competing in IFBB Physique and WBFF Muscle Model who I would bang the pants off of (and I've found that I prefer them offseason. I dunno, slightly manlier look)

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
Jason Poston is a babe, which brings me to my next point: I don't really care for men's physique because the poses look unnatural and effeminate, plus, I like dudes with legs.
That said, there are some dudes competing in IFBB Physique and WBFF Muscle Model who I would bang the pants off of (and I've found that I prefer them offseason. I dunno, slightly manlier look)

Nice to know you want to bang my pants off  ;)

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
NOT ARGUING, BUDDY

the trainer

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 04:03:23 PM »
Lets bring this thread back to reality, this is what a real bodybuilder looks like, and for those of you who say I dont want to look like that guess what, you cant cause you dont have the genes and the drug response.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 04:06:19 PM »
All I know is that if I had a physique like some of these fitness dudes, I'd consider that a personal success.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 04:20:50 PM »
Lets bring this thread back to reality, this is what a real bodybuilder looks like, and for those of you who say I dont want to look like that guess what, you cant cause you dont have the genes and the drug response.

Vick is the man, I've met him several times and he's a fellow dominican so I don't want it to sound like hate when I say NO I don't. Majority of the year he doesn't even look like that. I don't want to be a moon faced walking pin cushion. My bulk is leaner then a lot of clowns on stage

the trainer

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 04:28:09 PM »
Vick is the man, I've met him several times and he's a fellow dominican so I don't want it to sound like hate when I say NO I don't. Majority of the year he doesn't even look like that. I don't want to be a moon faced walking pin cushion. My bulk is leaner then a lot of clowns on stage

The point I am trying to make is when you see the guys in a physique competition you say cool that dude looks good, but when you see big ramy and ronnie in his prime you say holy fuck what a freak, I want to be shocked by a physique and that is impossible with physique competitors so I am kind of pissed that less people are entering bodybuilding competition and going for physique.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
The point I am trying to make is when you see the guys in a physique competition you say cool that dude looks good, but when you see big ramy and ronnie in his prime you say holy fuck what a freak, I want to be shocked by a physique and that is impossible with physique competitors so I am kind of pissed that less people are entering bodybuilding competition and going for physique.

That's your opinion on what a bb'er should look like. I get it, the novelity of looking like a drug experiment is cool. But I think they should resemble Ulissis jr. I was never a Ronnie fan. Waits for meltdowns

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:07 PM »
Wayne looking fantastic
Rick Wayne was probably the most under rated bodybuilder of the 70s...a Shawn Ray type physique before Shawn Ray, yet with Aaron Baker under rated-ness.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »

These things run in cycles. Don't you imagine that with all the health risks monster bodybuilders endure and sometimes succumb to, there is going to be a shift away from being super huge? This shift won't last forever. Human nature dictates that more or bigger is better. We are always trying to top ourselves and be better than the next person. One way to do that in bodybuilding is to get bigger. Another way, is to be lean and cut all to heck.

The bottom line is that humans come in different sizes and shapes. Not everyone can get huge, at least not naturally. Some folks are naturally very muscular and stocky. These folks probably can't sustain being lean without subjecting their bodies to similar health risks. As I have written here many times, I was a skinny kid. I always wanted to be big and muscular. I sort of achieved that for a moment at 29 years of age. It felt good in my head, but my body wasn't in peak condition/health. Being an old man now, I realize that being healthy is everything. I'll never be a skinny kid again and I also will never be a muscle monster. All I want today is to be as fit as possible for an old fart. Like Booty, I also like looking as good as I can. It is a vanity thing.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »

Looking good, is a good thing... everybody wants to look good.

But...What's the point of having a body that you can not move?

Agility. ;)

Gracie Rules

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
Why do people keep talking about ideal look in bodybuilding, can the average athlete play like michael jordon, can they run like usain bolt, can they knockout people like mike tyson, no they cant that is why these extreme athletes makes good money.
 So why the hell do you want the best bodybuilders in the world to look like average gym rats, that is why I say fuck physique contests hardcore bodybuilding is what I watch.

Jaco looks fucking insane dude, in shape he is shredded to the bone in a way you simply do not see on today's stages, at least in the open division. The 212 guys look pretty good, Raymond for one, and Dave Henry as well. Flex Lewis is ripped but its not a hard look like Jose or Dave get. Flex gets by with his mass per square inch factor, and his consistency as well as completeness. He deserves his success, but in terms of pure freak condition Raymond and Dave Henry are better. I can only speculate, but I would say that it is Flex being very reliant on insulin to carry size, as opposed to Dave with his black genetics, and Jose with his obvious insane AAS ABUSE, retarded amounts of gear probably runs everything super high and hits the diuretics and AI's hard as fuck come show time to get stupidly ripped. Not healthy, but results wise he knows what he's doing. Jose has also been bodybuilding his entire adult life, and he's not a young guy so he's got that grainy condition that guys tend to get as time on AAS increases. Look at guys who blew up quick, the young guys like Dallas McCarver. They simply don't have that look that the older guys have.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »
Enzo looks great, better/wider than Heath

the trainer

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
These things run in cycles. Don't you imagine that with all the health risks monster bodybuilders endure and sometimes succumb to, there is going to be a shift away from being super huge? This shift won't last forever. Human nature dictates that more or bigger is better. We are always trying to top ourselves and be better than the next person. One way to do that in bodybuilding is to get bigger. Another way, is to be lean and cut all to heck.

The bottom line is that humans come in different sizes and shapes. Not everyone can get huge, at least not naturally. Some folks are naturally very muscular and stocky. These folks probably can't sustain being lean without subjecting their bodies to similar health risks. As I have written here many times, I was a skinny kid. I always wanted to be big and muscular. I sort of achieved that for a moment at 29 years of age. It felt good in my head, but my body wasn't in peak condition/health. Being an old man now, I realize that being healthy is everything. I'll never be a skinny kid again and I also will never be a muscle monster. All I want today is to be as fit as possible for an old fart. Like Booty, I also like looking as good as I can. It is a vanity thing.

That is human nature we have to keep pushing the envelope, guys going up to the edge of the planet earth and jumping, try to break the bench press record, try to be a freakier monster than ronnie coleman, I will always give my support to humans who keep pushing the envelope because they are going to a level we can never go, so we live our fantasy through them.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 06:44:05 PM »
wouldn't pants already have to be off in the first place before she smashes you ???

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
Enzo looks great, better/wider than Heath

Enzo looks insane, that's 'the look' most guys would give their left nut to have. Good genetics, hard work, and a solid plan in place being carried out every day. That's what gives one that level of physique.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
Enzo looks insane, that's 'the look' most guys would give their left nut to have. Good genetics, hard work, and a solid plan in place being carried out every day. That's what gives one that level of physique.
enzo looks like shit...and I'm only saying that because I'm hating  ;D

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2014, 06:55:49 PM »
I used to rag on these guys but now I am working towards becoming one of them. These physique that enzo, jaco, etc have are desirable far more than the bloated and pregnant bags of oil filled shit that's on stage these days.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »
I used to rag on these guys but now I am working towards becoming one of them. These physique that enzo, jaco, etc have are desirable far more than the bloated and pregnant bags of oil filled shit that's on stage these days.

totally agreed. the look i aim for is about 15% more size than the MP guys, but I have a largish frame to fill and a MP look doesn't look right on me. It's nice to know however, that it doesn't take a lot of time to build a MP level physique. If you start out under 10% and already have some training udner your belt you can be there in about 8-10 weeks. Simple equation involving low test moderate tren and mast, with an ai, and maybe some diuretics before a show. good clean diet, train every day.... easy stuff. Anyone can do it, that's why it's getting so popular. I've met a guy at the grocery store who was dieting for a MP show, just randomly out of the blue. I think it's a good thing personally, its getting a lot of the hype away from the messes we see at mens bbing shows (dont even start me on the women's bbing events lol) and opening up competitions to be more accessible. It's a lot healthier too, both mentally and physiqually (see what I did there  :D)

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »

I'm glad bros are seeing the light

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2014, 08:21:55 PM »
I'm glad bros are seeing the light
I'm trying to see it too, and I don't usually have to work this hard, buddy.