Author Topic: Don't be folled by marketing for nuts  (Read 832 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Don't be folled by marketing for nuts
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:39:51 AM »
Yes, nut oils can be good for you but most nuts found on the shelves are roasted which means the integrity of the good oils ahs been lost.  Unless you can eat and find raw almonds then don't bother eating them.  Also the good oils in almonds will go rancid fast so keep them in an air tight container in the fridge.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Don't be folled by marketing for nuts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 08:21:14 AM »
Yes, nut oils can be good for you but most nuts found on the shelves are roasted which means the integrity of the good oils ahs been lost.  Unless you can eat and find raw almonds then don't bother eating them.  Also the good oils in almonds will go rancid fast so keep them in an air tight container in the fridge.

There is some interesting info about this topic in this thread:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=157220.0

:)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »

Trader Joe's is a good place to buy raw nuts.  Also, I keep a bottle of walnut oil in my fridge, which I add 1 tbs to lowfat cottage cheese and wheat germ. Surprisingly delicious and I add 14g of healthy oils to my diet that way.

Monte71

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 02:52:59 PM »
I like to keep my nuts in the freezer ;D

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
Trader Joe's is a good place to buy raw nuts.  Also, I keep a bottle of walnut oil in my fridge, which I add 1 tbs to lowfat cottage cheese and wheat germ. Surprisingly delicious and I add 14g of healthy oils to my diet that way.

i love that place.  around here, everyone seems to be under the assumption that its expensive but it is really not.  12 eggs for 99 cents.  not bad at all. 
F