Author Topic: Any one remember this?  (Read 6108 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Any one remember this?
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:15 PM »

I was in Yugoslavia back then. I really loved the Serbs.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: Any one remember this?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:37:54 PM »
I know a few Serbs.

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:39:08 PM »
We love you back Arce  :D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 11:41:48 PM »
  The Serbs loved us, the USA. They loved us, USMC.

To this day, I still do NOT know what really happened. Did the Serbs get set up with that market bombing? USA and NATO turned on the Serbs. It really bothers me.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 11:46:09 PM »
  The Serbs loved us, the USA. They loved us, USMC.

To this day, I still do NOT know what really happened. Did the Serbs get set up with that market bombing? USA and NATO turned on the Serbs. It really bothers me.

I do believe so, similar to what is happening in Syria, what happened in Iraq, Libya. American foreign policy is best described in the movie Wag the Dog.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 11:51:54 PM »
 Galeniko, when you get a chance, please tell me what you think took place.

OZ, great post.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
Yeah, ask a Serb who was responsible for that and I'm sure you'll get an unbiased answer.  :-\

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 01:18:04 PM »
  Who had the most to gain from that market fiasco though? NOT the Serbs.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »
From my experiences with serbs they will stop at nothing to further their own personal gain i wouldn't put setting this up past them

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 05:10:02 PM »
 Who had the most to gain from that market fiasco though? NOT the Serbs.

Are you kidding?

All it takes is a relatively quick search to see just how far the JNA (Yugoslav National Army, comprising of mostly hard core Serb nationalists and fanatics), went to avoid its neighbors  from claiming their independence.

Croatia, Dubrovnik's 1000+ year old walls slammed with artillery from JNA warships as well as several other coastal cities destroyed. These walls stood for years and years prior to being shelled by the Yugoslav (Serb) army.

“If you want to see heaven on earth, come to Dubrovnik.” – George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright but, more importantly, co-founder of the London School of Economics

Heaven on earth to everyone but Serb psychos.

Yugoslav (Serb) tanks roll into Croatia, Vukovar. Serb ultra nationalists completely gutted the city.

The aftermath:

Spreading the brotherly love around in Vukovar. Serb soilders posing with dead local.

Areas of Croatia Krajina region subjected to cleansing and displacing of locals. Serbs want to claim it as their own land. Innumerable attacks, rapes, killings and all well documented by the international community and you think these guys are worried about bad press from a market bombing?

The whole notion that Bosnians, Croats, Sloven, etc.. shelled themselves for sympathy is laughable when there are countless of reports that show otherwise.

In no way am I painting all Serbs with one brush as there are those that are great  but in these circumstances lets not start drawing some conspiracy where there isn't one.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 05:49:40 PM »
have a look who did Serbs fight against in Bosnia

this shows what Serbs went through in Croatia in WW2 and almost the same thing happened in 90'

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »

this shows what Serbs went through in Croatia in WW2 and almost the same thing happened in 90'

Keep dreaming....while you're at it why don't you go back a 1000 years while ignoring a relatively recent past. This thread was taking about 1991, not 1945.

The same thing almost happened in 1990? What a ridiculous accusation. There are a TON of Serbs living in Croatia that are trying to impose there own script, atonomy etc...yeah, they have such a terrible time over there.  ::)

The FACT remains, not one of Serbia's neighbors attacked it during the fall of Yugoslavia. In fact it was only the Serb dominated Yugoslav army that had the resources and will for attacking Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, in an attempt to try and carve out areas of Serb control in territories that did not belong to them.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »
Keep dreaming....while you're at it why don't you go back a 1000 years while ignoring a relatively recent past. This thread was taking about 1991, not 1945.

The same thing almost happened in 1990? What a ridiculous accusation. There are a TON of Serbs living in Croatia that are trying to impose there own script, atonomy etc...yeah, they have such a terrible time over there.  ::)

The FACT remains, not one of Serbia's neighbors attacked it during the fall of Yugoslavia. In fact it was only the Serb dominated Yugoslav army that had the resources and will for attacking Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, in an attempt to try and carve out areas of Serb control in territories that did not belong to them.

Ok Croat, keep your'facts' for yourself. Let people like Arch learn the background of Balkan conflicts.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 07:29:35 PM »
Olympics --> hell on earth. A lesson for us who think we're above such behaviour.  :-\

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
I'm not Croatian. I just deal with facts, you should try and do the same.

Excellent, than it is a time to get your facts right

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »
Excellent, than it is a time to get your facts right

Perhaps if you guys didn't cause shit by attacking everyone around you, you wouldn't have to deal with the repercussions.  There's a reason you guys got bombed by the States into the stone age.

Ok Croat, keep your'facts' for yourself. Let people like Arch learn the background of Balkan conflicts.

Yup, nationalist nutjobs like you are good at painting everyone else around you as the bad guy meanwhile....

Both Croatia and Serbia had pro-Axis governments during World War II. All of the nations of Yugoslavia had elements which supported the Axis and all had elements that were anti-Axis during the War. However, it was the Croatian dominated Partisans, led by the Croatian Josip Broz Tito which formed the only true anti-Fascist fighting force in Yugoslavia and the most formidable Allied force in occupied Europe during World War II.

Hundreds of thousands of Croatians joined the Partisans and thirty-nine of the Partisan's eighty brigades were Croatian. On June 22, 1941 Croatian Partisans began what would come to be known as the War of Liberation in Yugoslavia. On July 13, 1943 a Democratic Republic of Croatia under the leadership of Andrija Hebrang was declared in those areas occupied by the Croatian Partisan forces. As the war progressed more and more Croatians, especially from Dalmatia, joined the Partisans. Serbs joined in great numbers late in the War as entire Cetnik units changed their allegiance. By 1943 Allied support shifted to Tito and by 1944 the Partisans were the only recognized Allied force fighting in Yugoslavia

Belgrade first city to claim itself "Jew Free".

Serbian postage tamps that reflect the claim from WW2 era. Notice the Serbian script, star of David on the snake.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »
 ;D
blindare dundat, stop it.zavezi for fuck sake

i dont think oz is serbian, neither am i btw.

belrade first jew-free.please.why not state that this happened under a puppet nazi government.

while croatia as a whole was hitlers ally-lapdog.

all sides done bad things, very few profited.most suffered and arent better off than before the war.

it is what it is.

He is trying hard ;D
Can't bother to argue with him any more, I am anything but nationalist but hate when people twist historic facts.
This is my last post on this topic, it is too sad to talk about. Much better watching your clips :D

sent you an email with pics

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 08:09:07 PM »
blindare dundat, stop it.zavezi for fuck sake

i dont think oz is serbian, neither am i btw.

belrade first jew-free.please.why not state that this happened under a puppet nazi government.

while croatia as a whole was hitlers ally-lapdog.

all sides done bad things, very few profited.most suffered and arent better off than before the war.

it is what it is.

I see, so one was a lapdog and the other was a puppet. But the other side couldn't be a puppet, right?

Anyway, you know me by now. We were able to have a small discussion about this in another thread and it stayed diplomatic. I don't have any personal ties to the matter to have it mean to much to me but when peoples obvious bias distorts history they should be corrected.

Just please keep it English will ya, didn't want to start translating shit. lol

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
yeah lets leave the nationalist provocations to blindare dundat, im not playing, not falling for this.not interested.

all nationalist, serbs,croats, whatever, are filth.,

jugoslavia all the way.

thats it last reply to this topic.

sorry, the truth hurts.   :P

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
Balkan history considers Roman Catholic clergy responsible for the death of 1,000,000 Serbs, Jews, and Roma, killed in the concentration camp Jasenovac, given the Church's close relationship with the Nazi-affiliated Independent State of Croatia, as well as the forcible conversions of 240,000 Serbian Orthodox to Roman Catholicism.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »

Balkan history considers Roman Catholic clergy responsible for the death of 1,000,000 Serbs, Jews, and Roma, killed in the concentration camp Jasenovac, given the Church's close relationship with the Nazi-affiliated Independent State of Croatia, as well as the forcible conversions of 240,000 Serbian Orthodox to Roman Catholicism.

Yes, there is no doubt that the Ustase were responsible for some of the worst atrocities during the 1940's. I clearly stated that BOTH sides were guilty of colluding with the axis forces.  However, even at their peek in popularity, Ustase were a minority faction with a membership of roughly only 30,000.

What is unfortunate is that the actions of a minority completely eclipse the actions of the overwhelming majority who formed resisting factions that fought to oust German and Italian occupying forces.

It's pretty sad that some Croatians and  Serbs just cannot be honest about their past. To suggest that Serb Cetniks were not guilty of working with Axis forces and were not guilty of mass extermination of Jews and Croats, gypsies, etc... is a laughable notion. It is well documented and the "using the enemy", or "puppet government not associated with actions" defense just doesn't fit the actual narrative of the past. Although I am not a fan of Wikipedia, it actually does quite a fair job of revisiting the accounts of that time and leading up to the present.

War brings out the worst of worst. It pitted Croat against Serb, Serb against Serb, Croat against Croat throughout its history as well as others in the area. It destroyed families and the effects feed the extremists in both camps even today. It is possible to have a healthy debate but it means being completely honest and not cherry picking events.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
I can't wait for Wiggs to show up with evidence that all Yugoslavs were black  ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »
I can't wait for Wiggs to show up with evidence that all Yugoslavs were black  ;D

lol!

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »
I fought in both Croatia and Bosnia (UNPROFOR and Operation Deliberate Force)- we were "supposed" to be posted there as peacekeepers, but got attacked each time...
THE SIMPLE ANSWER is ALL parties were guilty of atrocities, but SERBIA was the aggressor in not allowing independence for each state!