Author Topic: Taker vs. Lesnar (threads merged):  (Read 13008 times)

Melkor

• Getbig III
Re: Taker vs. Lesnar (threads merged):
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2014, 08:45:33 AM »

I remember them beginning to build that. Taker showed up at one of Brock's matches. I didn't realize it had been that long ago already.

Yeah but look how much Taker has aged since then. Since his match at WM 27 he has really started to decline physically. In hindsight, he might have been better finishing up after beating HHH in the Hell in a Cell. Retire with a perfect 20 wins, with the send off with HHH and HBK at the end.

OR put Punk over last year. He was coming off two defeats to Rock and he has never recovered since losing those 3 matches in a row. It cemented the idea that WWE will never see him as a "top guy". A win over Taker then would have pushed him to the next level.

Also, where are Punk and Sting?! I was expecting to see at least one of them at Mania or Raw this week...

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2014, 12:10:19 PM »
http://instagram.com/p/mgReBFnj5D

Taker limping as he is leaving hotel..

Stone cold will be doing an interview with taker in 2 weeks in Austin texas
Where taker lives.. Stone cold said he spoke to him before the match.. taker agreed
To be interviewed by Austin..

Should be a great podcast  :o

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2014, 01:41:39 PM »
Ok, basically the Streak had to end.  Why?  Because if you retired UT while undefeated, then you retired a WM gimmick/attraction that had more drawing power than most of it's main events at times.  So there has to be someone to carry on the tradition in some form or another.  Brock could be billed as the Baddest Man On The Planet now and everyone jockeys for a shot each year to knock him off the hill.

But it had to be Brock that gained this spot.  There was no one else they could give it to.  Punk?  Not with his unreliability of walking out and his independent streak over what is right/wrong for his fellow workers.  Michaels, HHH, etc... they couldn't have done it because they were already at the end of their careers and nagged by injuries.  You couldn't give it to John Cena because how can you believe he is such a bad ass when he gets beat by Bray Watt or whoever on public tv a week or so before the PPVs?    Brock has limited appearances and this only builds into his brand and merchandising point.  Wrestle once or twice a year and only the top challenger that is getting the current push at the time. 

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »
I think it was takers time to lose at wrestlemania..
It was a great swerve...
2nd of the night..
First Cesario winning the battle royal...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »
http://instagram.com/p/mgReBFnj5D

Taker limping as he is leaving hotel..

Stone cold will be doing an interview with taker in 2 weeks in Austin texas
Where taker lives.. Stone cold said he spoke to him before the match.. taker agreed
To be interviewed by Austin..

Should be a great podcast  :o

That's a must listen.

Jim Ross' Podcast interview this week is Jake Roberts. Definitely listening to that one when I get the time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2014, 05:22:46 PM »
Ok, basically the Streak had to end.  Why?  Because if you retired UT while undefeated, then you retired a WM gimmick/attraction that had more drawing power than most of it's main events at times.  So there has to be someone to carry on the tradition in some form or another.  Brock could be billed as the Baddest Man On The Planet now and everyone jockeys for a shot each year to knock him off the hill.

But it had to be Brock that gained this spot.  There was no one else they could give it to.  Punk?  Not with his unreliability of walking out and his independent streak over what is right/wrong for his fellow workers.  Michaels, HHH, etc... they couldn't have done it because they were already at the end of their careers and nagged by injuries.  You couldn't give it to John Cena because how can you believe he is such a bad ass when he gets beat by Bray Watt or whoever on public tv a week or so before the PPVs?    Brock has limited appearances and this only builds into his brand and merchandising point.  Wrestle once or twice a year and only the top challenger that is getting the current push at the time. 
Agreed ..nice post.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2014, 07:30:27 PM »

But, who's going to carry on the tradition? No major star has an undefeated record at 'Mania. That honor was Undertaker's and his alone; now, it's gone.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
But, who's going to carry on the tradition? No major star has an undefeated record at 'Mania. That honor was Undertaker's and his alone; now, it's gone.
More importantly will WWE be able to sign/develop any new legends/icons of the undertaker/hbk/hhh ? I truly believe we have seen the end of an era.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2014, 07:56:22 AM »
More importantly will WWE be able to sign/develop any new legends/icons of the undertaker/hbk/hhh ? I truly believe we have seen the end of an era.

Okay, I'll quit my job and lace up the boots again...

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »

Okay, I'll quit my job and lace up the boots again...

;D
Save us Monty...316!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
Save us Monty...316!!!

There's not enough money in it.

;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2014, 05:28:38 PM »

There's not enough money in it.

;)
Will pay you 1.2mil plus you get your own tour bus and 2 first class flight tickets and 5 star hotel accommodations.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
Will pay you 1.2mil plus you get your own tour bus and 2 first class flight tickets and 5 star hotel accommodations.

Give me total creative control and I'll book you a "Shockmaster" think about it.

Fuck you, Dusty.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2014, 06:23:35 PM »

Give me total creative control and I'll book you a "Shockmaster" think about it.

Fuck you, Dusty.
Oh God......The Shockmaster.....and that ridiculous helmet.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2014, 06:27:50 PM »

Just another common gem from the brilliant mind of the common man.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2014, 01:26:05 AM »

Just another common gem from the brilliant mind of the common man.
A Jim Herd special:)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2014, 05:32:40 AM »
A Jim Herd special:)

Herd let's Flair walk, but green-lights Busty Rhodes' "Shockmaster."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2014, 07:41:52 AM »

Herd let's Flair walk, but green-lights Busty Rhodes' "Shockmaster."
And people question why WCW failed. Its like putting a homeless person in a high end fine dine restaurant.  Its destined to fail.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »

It wasn't that bad. There's only so much you can do with Tugboat.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »

And that's all the more reason I'm upset over the fact that 'Taker jobbed to Lesnar (or to anyone).

Heck, I could have even stomached his losing, during his biker gimmick. I figured that, if he didn't get beat then, he'd never lose.  

Why didn't he just go out WM 27 style and let Lesnar destroy him but pull off a cheap pin, to keep the streak intact?

Save us Monty...316!!!

That frosts me even more (not Monty, of course). Austin gets way over at 'Mania, despite getting beat half to death and left in a pool of his own blood. Yet, 'Taker doesn't put Lesnar over without killing the streak....just painful.