Author Topic: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym  (Read 34839 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2006, 03:38:39 PM »
Real things I saw training & working at Gold's Venice:

1) Some old Shmoe shaving a big guys (I'm leaving out the BB's name) back in the shower.
2) Guy chewing tobacco and spitting all the juice on the floor.
3) Guy training legs wearing a towel because he forgot his gym clothes.
4) Pro bodybuilder (no name to protect the stupid) who fell asleep on the threadmill while taking too much nubain.
5) A Pro bodybuilder (no name to protect the BB) who stood in the lobby screaming, "Arthur Jones is God!!" over and over and then ran out of the gym.
6) Guy who was busted going into the Womens locker room 3-4 times and tried the same excuse each time; "The locker rooms aren't properly labeled, it's not my fault!"
7) The guy selling GHB that was really water. I grabbed a bottle of his stuff and chugged the entire 16 oz. bottle to prove my point. The guy ran out of the gym & never came back.
8) The guy who unloaded the Flex leg press one side at a time, while leaving 14-15 plates on one side. It actually pulled the bolts out of the ground and plates & the machine went flying.

I'll think of some more...
a

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2006, 03:40:44 PM »
What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2006, 10:46:40 PM »
Once saw a sixties-something woman on the treadmill wearing what appeared to be a two-piece swimsuit, cellulite and saggy bag tits hanging all over the place.  And you would think these folks would have some modesty.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2006, 11:01:55 PM »
Oh, and another vote for the "rogue spotter"...these pricks (usually some teenager skinny little twat) are so annoying.

Also, the guy who loads up the bench to get his buddy to lift like half the weight for him...then after the set the spotter says "that was all you man".

It is quite true in my gym anyway, the guys who really have nothing to show for are always wearing tank-tops or XS shirts; the guys who have size are usually covered up in hoodies or fleeces...and guess who get all the attention?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2006, 02:15:19 AM »
the funniest are the douchebags who unload the leg press one side at a time and then act shocked when the thing flips over.

Ha ha ha... aaahh fuck... good laugh guys.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2006, 04:00:57 AM »
A bloke with a poor excuse body walked into the gym with his arms sticking out wider than Ronnie Coleman
I am a mini beast

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2006, 04:45:35 PM »
Real things I saw training & working at Gold's Venice:

5) A Pro bodybuilder (no name to protect the BB) who stood in the lobby screaming, "Arthur Jones is God!!" over and over and then ran out of the gym.

C'mon, give us a hint on this one. Arthur Jones is god.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2006, 04:50:47 PM »
I also love it when people talk on their cell phones between sets.

Between sets? I see people doing sets chatting on the fucking things.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2006, 04:58:38 PM »
We had a guy in a gym I trained at we called "Johnny Powerlifter". John was 5'9 250lbs, fat as a hog, with ,I sh*t you not ,his entire body ,legs & all shaved. He would come in wearing the spandex one piece, carrying his bag full of wraps, chalk, belts, ammonia, ect. He'd wrap his wrists up,cinch his belt up,sniff the ammonia, lay on the bench, fold a towel & lay that on his chest & max out w/ 185 for 5 reps. He would approach every lift like he was getting ready to attempt a world record. Another time, he was geeting ready for a big squat (225lbs) he's psyching himself up , does the ammonia, Then ( I swear to God , I'm not making this up)  grabs the power-rack to help cinch the belt tighter , starts shaking & growling & then head-butts the metal tower, and knocked himself cold! The whole gym was rolling on the floor howling. It was f*cking hilarious!!!! Seen him 3 days later w/ his head stitched up. He was so funny, I swear you could hardly work out when he was in there ,which was usually only 45min, hour tops .

There is a "powerlifter" like this in every gym.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2006, 05:08:04 PM »
One guy at my gym. Here is an example. Say he is doing 4 sets of flat bench. His first set IS ALL FORCED REPS. For the next three sets he goes up in weight yet from the first rep of the first set he has needed a spot. Whats the sense of increasing your poundage when you can't even eke out one rep? Then he does squats with like 750 pounds. His range of motion is 1" MAX! We break his balls saying that the only thing that set of squats works is the callous on his neck.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »
A guy who blow drys his cock and balls after he showers.

trig

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »
"We had another guy in my old gym that couldnt handle his protein drinks so he'd go to a corner and fart then walk back to where he was working out. The problem was the smell would follow him everywhere."

Was this me?

sorry about that, i got some beano today.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2006, 05:56:25 PM »
there's tons of guys who do nothing but forced reps. this is usually the 3 big black guys who bench press together and all do the same weight. the weakest one tries to do the same weight that the strongest guy does and he needs help in every rep.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2006, 06:02:25 PM »
Idits who wear a big powerlifting belt throughout the whole workout.

They've usually been bulking since junior high, suffering from ILS, always huffin' and puffin', strangers to the squat rack and usually (if they even work legs) leg press lovers.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

body88

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »
the pudgy, 20 year old flaming homosexual dude at the front desk, who yells Have a Nice Day sarcastically when you don't acknowledge him.

LOL

I can just picture the ton

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2006, 06:49:59 PM »
the funniest thing about the gym is that 95 percent of the time the only guys wearing tank tops and shorts are 160lbs. and all the 285lb. monsters are all covered up in baggy sweats, i heard one of these little scrawny tools talking to one of his friends one time and he says, "we work hard why not show it off", hahahaha, the dude was literally 150lbs. and benching 115 on the Smith Machine.

Yes, for some reason it is the 150 pounders who feel the need to show off.   ::)

HAHA, RON.....

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2006, 07:02:18 PM »
There is a "powerlifter" like this in every gym.

^That's not a powerlifter, just a schmoe.

The gym stops to watch a powerlifter lift.......

I think it's funny personally, everyone automatically loses focus of what they are doing and stops to watch someone press 1,000lbs. on legpress.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2006, 08:24:44 PM »
C'mon, give us a hint on this one. Arthur Jones is god.

If memory serves me correctly, I'm pretty sure that quote was reported to have been made by Mike Mentzer.
Greed is good!

THE BAD GUY

• Getbig III
  • Some dream to get big I stay awake and get it done
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2006, 09:08:33 PM »
Don't know if anyone has posted this one but the ULTIMATE!!! best is when some punk kid come in beside you when you are training heavy dumbels for incline and trys to show you that he to can press heavy and so he picks up some shit he cant do then all of a sudden the weight comes crashing down and litterally breaks the guys nose i fucking love it true story happened already 3 times in the same gym.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2006, 09:39:02 PM »
In Gold's Honolulu first opened Doris Duke trained  there.  Doris at the time was the richest woman in America or close to it.  Her house was vlaued at about $100 million at that time on Diamond Head.  Anyway, she hired a PT who was basically her slave.  She was at least 80+ years old.  He would carry a towel and have to constantly wipe her forehead off.  One day she way doing the leg extension.  She had one plate.  Her trainer was actually helping her lift that, while she was talking on the phone.  It was so funny how she lifted weights and talked on the phone at the same time.

Another maybe not to funny maybe was the guy who always yelled when lifting.  I mean every rep of every set.  Well he apparently yelled to much cause he was on the bench press all alone and doing his regular yelling and lifting combo when he either yelled to loud or lifted to much cause he ended up having a heart attack and died.  The bar ended up breaking a couple ribs too.  It happened just before I got there so I didn't get to see it.

Another one at another gym was when a current Miss Hawaii cmpetitor was doing db flyes.  The gym had a dog mascot that was a Bull Terrier.  This dog was fucking nightmare.  Anyway the dog came and bit her in the face and she had to get stictches (25) and had to pull out of the Miss Hawaii pagent.  I think she ended up sueing the gym and they settled.  I got a million of them.  Of course one of the worse involved me and the cutting off of my nipple.  I can't belive it happened

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2006, 10:37:04 PM »
cutting off your nipple?! what?! HUH?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2006, 10:38:44 PM »
Of course one of the worse involved me and the cutting off of my nipple.  I can't belive it happened

Someone sliced off your nip, Keith?   ;D

Speak on this!

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

IronDawg

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2006, 12:24:18 AM »
There is one old lady who walks on the treadmill wearing a plastic poncho and a big bath towel wrapped around her head like a turbin. To top it off, she carries this walking stick and has it slung over her shoulder most of the time. I've even walked up to her, looked up at the ceiling and asked, "we supposed to get rain?". but she just stares straight ahead with a crazy look on her face and says nothing.

There is also a guy that swims laps while wearing tight camo trunks and a scuba mask with a snorkel. It is some funny sh#t!!!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2006, 03:51:47 AM »
7 the girl at our new gym that runs sideways doing jumping jacks on the tread and backwards and forwards dancing

lol..ive seen this 2

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2006, 06:33:43 AM »
In Gold's Honolulu first opened Doris Duke trained  there.  Doris at the time was the richest woman in America or close to it.  Her house was vlaued at about $100 million at that time on Diamond Head.  Anyway, she hired a PT who was basically her slave.  She was at least 80+ years old.  He would carry a towel and have to constantly wipe her forehead off.  One day she way doing the leg extension.  She had one plate.  Her trainer was actually helping her lift that, while she was talking on the phone.  It was so funny how she lifted weights and talked on the phone at the same time.

Another maybe not to funny maybe was the guy who always yelled when lifting.  I mean every rep of every set.  Well he apparently yelled to much cause he was on the bench press all alone and doing his regular yelling and lifting combo when he either yelled to loud or lifted to much cause he ended up having a heart attack and died.  The bar ended up breaking a couple ribs too.  It happened just before I got there so I didn't get to see it.

Another one at another gym was when a current Miss Hawaii cmpetitor was doing db flyes.  The gym had a dog mascot that was a Bull Terrier.  This dog was fucking nightmare.  Anyway the dog came and bit her in the face and she had to get stictches (25) and had to pull out of the Miss Hawaii pagent.  I think she ended up sueing the gym and they settled.  I got a million of them.  Of course one of the worse involved me and the cutting off of my nipple.  I can't belive it happened

nipple got cut off...

(((((((((((shudder)))))))))))))))   :-X

yes speak on this...

:-\