Author Topic: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym  (Read 34854 times)

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
Re: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »
Alright I told this story before one here but once more.  First off I know my way around the gy m.  Been training since 1975 or so and seriously since 79'.  I've trained with the biggest names in the industry and at gyms all over the country, China and Mexico.  Maybe 200+ different gyms.  Mostly of course when I traveled. 
Well here is one for the books.  Just happened within a couple years.  I was doing incline I think.  Anyway, there was 315 onthe bar I think and you know when after you do a couple sets you have to sometimes puch the plates back together.  Well I did.  But, in my hast I was behind the bar and took my hand and pushed the plates together.  Well my fucking chest was to close I guess and my nipple got pinched between the plates.
I only had on a t-shirt.  Man I yelled so loud the whole gym just stopped doing everything.  Not one person was moving.  Everyone was just looking me cussing and grabbing my tittie.
I yelled out "My fucking nipple!"  I kept rubbing it while telling everyone that came up to me what happened.  Well then someone says Keith I think you're bleeding.  I look down and my shirt had a bunch of blood on it.  I thoght what the f**k and I lifted my shirt and a few guys were there and they said "dude your fucking nipple is hanging, you cut it off."  I looked down and a piece the size of a small eraser was barely hanging on.  I put a band-aid on it then went home.
Later that night as I was playing with my titties I felt that hanging nipple.  I went into the bathroom. andlooked at it in the mirror.  It looked weird and wasn't sure what to do.  Well I ended up decided to cut it off (the hanging part).  So I iced the shit out of it.  I then took my nailclippers.  I was so fucking scared.  Anyway, I ended up after sevral minutes just doing it and cut the hanging part off with the clippers.  I swear to god I had a wet towel in my mouth and was yelling my brains out.  The the brainiac I was I didn't want it to get infected so I poured some peroxide on it.  FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, that hurt too.  I swear if there was a camera on me I could have easily won America Funniest Home Videos.  Anyway in short it healed fine.  You can tell some of it is missing but no big deal.  Still have feeling and everything.  Anyway, that is my cutoff nipple story

(((((((((shudder)))))))))))

I had to rub my nipples and reassure them that would never ever happen to them.......

:-\

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2006, 04:56:54 PM »
I'm in the steam room with a camera phone trying to take pics of guys he thought were hot.

Hilarious! you looked for this thread all over get big just to make us all known about your sick old man falling out balls sucking that you do!
just push some weight!

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2006, 05:08:18 PM »
Yet another retarded thing I've seen in gyms is guys wearing T-shirts with the sleeves & sides cut out.

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2006, 01:11:17 AM »
In all the years I have trained the silliest thing I have ever seen in the gym was way back in the day when I looked in the mirror and saw myself after about 6 months of training. (This is the very very early 90's ok).
I was wearing a t shirt with the arms ripped off, lycra bike shorts and purple leg warmers.
I assure you I'm not gay or even remotely curious but looking back on it now - WTF was I thinking? Because I'm pretty sure everyone else in the gym was probably thinking something.
I have no excuses just shocking dress sense.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2006, 01:18:49 AM »
Purple leg warmers are not gay at all..

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2006, 01:24:41 AM »
The most retarded things I've seen people doing in the gym are:
1. Sitting on the Nautilus machines and not exercising.
2. Exercising in the sauna/steam room.
3. Hanging out by the pool, and staring at me with mean faces.
4. Talking or ß!+©#!|\|& a lot.
5. Shadowboxing in a non-boxing gym.
6. Head-stands in a non-yoga gym.
7. Talking on cell phones for extended time periods.
8. Using the sauna heater like a urinal.
9. Sagging pants/shorts.
10. Doing anything in the pool but swimming.
11. Wearing sunglasses indoors/after dark.
12. Carrying a chair around as if the carrier were glued to the seat.
13. Bouncing basketballs anywhere but on the court floor.
14. Wearing baseball caps backwards.
15. Sporting encyclopedias of tattoos.
16. Having long hair/earrings/both. (Men/boys only)
17. Wearing shorts/short skirts outdoors in cold weather.
18. Having a dumb or passé haircut.
19. Wearing a tee/sweatshirt with fraternity/sorority letters.
20. Wearing heavy clothes or rubber/plastic suits in the sauna to sweat off pounds.

Haha.

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2006, 01:27:13 AM »
BTW - I would probably have looked fine if it had just been the previous decade. At least I wasn't wearing a rambo headband.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2006, 01:27:35 AM »
i once went into the sauna at the gym and an overweight man was doing naked stretches.

also i get really pissed off when idiots that have been training for jack shit time have a friend come in with them one day and they show them all the "proper" ways to do the exercises and talk as if they know theyr shit
P

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2006, 01:51:59 AM »
i once went into the sauna at the gym and an overweight man was doing naked stretches.

You didn't tell the whole story,
you quickly get rid of your clothes and started assisted streching, that was a real sight to see  ;D

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2006, 02:17:41 AM »
shadow boxing

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2006, 03:23:45 AM »
Holy Shit.      That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, gym or not.

I guess it was too late for abortion,she gave birth, but didn't wanna feel raising the poor bastard and she tried her chances...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2006, 03:38:11 AM »
When I had the Golds here a couple years ago there was an old guy (60) who came in most of the time around 9pm.  The gym closed at 10pm.  This old fart would wash his clothes (brought from home) with the soap they use at gas staions to clean your hands, in the sink and showers.  It would smell the place up.  Well when I heard about this I stayed late one night to close.  He came in.  About 30 minutes later a guy comes up to me to tell me to go look in the sauna.  I said what?  He said just go look in the sauna.  I go in and open the door.  Laying naked on the floor reading a newspaper with clothes pinned on every wall is the old man.  I said what the fuck are you doing .  He said I am drying my clothes.  I said you can't fucking do your clothes in my gym.  He looks at me while I am tearing his clothes off the wall and says "you know I put in the clocks in this place".  I look at him with bewilderment and said "who the fuck cares, dude you're gone"  I have never seen the guys again.  That one takes the cake for wierdess for me.

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2006, 06:35:51 AM »
Let’s see if I can describe this.  This dork was at the squat rack, setting up to do squats.  He attached those big rubber band things from the pull-up bar at the top of the rack to the bar.  He then pulled a flat bench up into the rack.  So, he goes with his squats…
He was bouncing up and down off the bench … very quickly.  I mean, what the hell.

Oh I could write a book about the dorks.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2006, 06:50:29 AM »
When I had the Golds here a couple years ago there was an old guy (60) who came in most of the time around 9pm.  The gym closed at 10pm.  This old fart would wash his clothes (brought from home) with the soap they use at gas staions to clean your hands, in the sink and showers.  It would smell the place up.  Well when I heard about this I stayed late one night to close.  He came in.  About 30 minutes later a guy comes up to me to tell me to go look in the sauna.  I said what?  He said just go look in the sauna.  I go in and open the door.  Laying naked on the floor reading a newspaper with clothes pinned on every wall is the old man.  I said what the f**k are you doing .  He said I am drying my clothes.  I said you can't fucking do your clothes in my gym.  He looks at me while I am tearing his clothes off the wall and says "you know I put in the clocks in this place".  I look at him with bewilderment and said "who the f**k cares, dude you're gone"  I have never seen the guys again.  That one takes the cake for wierdess for me.

Only: Are you sure this wasn't a dream? This is really weird stuff. A psychiatrist would lose it trying to analyze this baby. Its got everything: age & time; being naked surrounded by clothes, etc. I am so going to steal this one.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2006, 07:05:43 AM »
lol everytime I go back to train at the YMCA, because my friends train there, half the members are on balls. They do everything on balls. One legged squats, squat and then press with one arm, ball pushups everything man this is so messed up. They work core. ::)
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2006, 07:09:09 AM »
Your friends must be fucking gay alexxx.
Why are they training there

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2006, 07:10:50 AM »
Team Corky. And they prefer "retarrific."

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2006, 07:11:31 AM »
Your friends must be fucking gay alexxx.
Why are they training there

My two old training partners still train there because they get a free membership from volenteering. Besides their girlfrieds train there too. If you saw them you'd think they are competitive bodybuilders but they are all natural. 5'10" barely 200 with close to 19 inch guns.  8)
just push some weight!

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2006, 07:12:11 AM »
lol everytime I go back to train at the YMCA, because my friends train there, half the members are on balls. They do everything on balls. One legged squats, squat and then press with one arm, ball pushups everything man this is so messed up. They work core. ::)

You love balls Alexx, don't you...

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2006, 07:12:59 AM »
You love balls Alexx, don't you...

I prefer balloons any day. ;)
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2006, 07:15:15 AM »
My two old training partners still train there because they get a free membership from volenteering. Besides their girlfrieds train there too. If you saw them you'd think they are competitive bodybuilders but they are all natural. 5'10" barely 200 with close to 19 inch guns.  8)
everybody has big guns. it piss me off, it is a weak point for me since they are so long....  >:(

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2006, 07:16:13 AM »
everybody has big guns. it piss me off, it is a weak point for me since they are so long....  >:(

It is a weak point for you because you think of them so.
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2006, 07:19:26 AM »
It is a weak point for you because you think of them so.

No really I have shitty genetics for arms.

they look like Milos's

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2006, 07:24:09 AM »
No really I have shitty genetics for arms.

they look like Milos's

lol Just focus on them more like train them twice a week one heavy day and one pumping day.
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2006, 07:29:37 AM »
I have tryed everything, I guess one day they'll catch up.

Right now, CT has me focussing on my back