Author Topic: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym  (Read 34858 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2006, 07:31:47 AM »
I have tryed everything, I guess one day they'll catch up.

Right now, CT has me focussing on my back

:-\ CT.. have you seen him lately. Go check his program on t-nation I bet you could take him. ;D
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2006, 08:01:59 AM »
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1037004&pageNo=3#1054803

Fuck no, I would  look like a broom stick next to CT

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2006, 08:28:47 AM »
THERE IS A SKINNY DUDE AT MY GYM WHO'S WAY OF DOING BENCH PRESS IS TO LIFT IT OFF THE PEGS AND THEN SET IT BACK DOWN. HIS RANGE OF MOTION IS ABOUT AN INCH AND HE LOADS THE WEIGHT ON. IT'S PRETTY FUNNY TO SEE.

That's actually an old technique for increasing bench strength. Its not as gay as it seemed - it's a legitimate method

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2006, 09:00:44 AM »
A fat guy who load up the bench plates, lift off the pegs and lowered it down a few inches and push back up again. He continue doing that for a good 10 reps. I guess he must be training his elbows

It wasn't me... ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2006, 09:06:33 AM »
I posted this once before, but it's deserving of this thread:

About 12 years ago I joined my first "hardcore" gym and I'll never forget one member in particular.  He wasn't a bodybuilder, but had an average (or novice) powerlifter physique.  He stood about 6'4" tall, weighed in the neighborhood of 275 lbs, never combed his hair and always smelled terrible.  He literally left a film of filth on whatever piece of equipment he used.  This guy never spoke to anyone, but he definitely made his presence known during every set of every exercise as this dude yelled and screamed at the top of his lungs during everything.  Ocassionally between sets he'd skulk around the gym and let out a "f**k YOU!!" or "ALRIGHT f**cker!".  He had the worst form I've ever seen and would contort and throw his body around in every direction when performing any and all exercises.  It was the entire weight stack on every machine, the heaviest db's and the heaviest barbells for everything imaginable....keep in mind he did sets of 1-2 reps using 1/16 to 1/2 range of motion for everything (it was 1/2 range at best on rare occassions).  He'd use 150lbs db's for multiple sets of 50 rep 2 inch curls at high speed.....virtually everything was done with a 2-inch range of motion with the worst form and the heaviest weights he could possible use.  My favorite moment was one particular back day in which he loaded a bar for deads (1/16 range reps mind you) with something like 700 lbs...it was absurd.  Although, what was more unreal was that prior to each "set" he would fart continuously for a solid 3-5 minutes.  Not quietly passing gas, but loud, bellowing farts and he would walk in circle grunting, farting and talking to himself attempting to pump up for each bizarre set.   Keep in mind that all of this occurred - everyday - while he wore a unwashed, sweat-stained, head-to-toe pink track suit.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2006, 09:14:07 AM »
Alright I told this story before one here but once more.  First off I know my way around the gy m.  Been training since 1975 or so and seriously since 79'.  I've trained with the biggest names in the industry and at gyms all over the country, China and Mexico.  Maybe 200+ different gyms.  Mostly of course when I traveled. 

Well here is one for the books.  Just happened within a couple years.  I was doing incline I think.  Anyway, there was 315 onthe bar I think and you know when after you do a couple sets you have to sometimes puch the plates back together.  Well I did.  But, in my hast I was behind the bar and took my hand and pushed the plates together.  Well my fucking chest was to close I guess and my nipple got pinched between the plates.

I can't even imagine how much that must have hurt.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
I'm guilty of doing something retarded. I was using the cable station and with a big wierd bar that has 2 handles on each side for different grips or something. i was doing wide grip cable rows but standing up.... i saw it in a book, wanted to try it. Anyway I took out the pin to add 10 pounds and the thing fell on my head. right when i got hit instead of focusing on the pain or if i was bleeding or anything i played it cool because it would be really embarrasing if someone came over to see if i had busted my head. it was about 20 minutes before closing time so there was only an old guy and the guy who works there. It hurt much but i was sure i had busted my head. instead of checking for blood which would have someone come over for sure if they had seen the stupidity i did i did another set. Then i went over to the water fountain and drank water for a whole minute so if anyone saw me going to the locker room they'd figure i was going to take a piss but i actually went to check if i was bleeding. i wasn't bleeding. Lucky me.

hahahaha, I've done that shit too. I've also stood up and hit my head on it.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2006, 11:06:29 AM »
hahahaha, I've done that shit too. I've also stood up and hit my head on it.

AHAHAH!!!  You guys are fuggin stupid AHAAHAH!!!

I've done it too.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2006, 11:09:15 AM »

Only: Are you sure this wasn't a dream? This is really weird stuff. A psychiatrist would lose it trying to analyze this baby. Its got everything: age & time; being naked surrounded by clothes, etc. I am so going to steal this one.

This is true.  I heard it for awhile and finally I decided to hang around and see for myself.  I have not seen this guy since.

FatGuy

• Getbig II
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »
I'm guilty of doing something retarded. I was using the cable station and with a big wierd bar that has 2 handles on each side for different grips or something. i was doing wide grip cable rows but standing up.... i saw it in a book, wanted to try it. Anyway I took out the pin to add 10 pounds and the thing fell on my head. right when i got hit instead of focusing on the pain or if i was bleeding or anything i played it cool because it would be really embarrasing if someone came over to see if i had busted my head. it was about 20 minutes before closing time so there was only an old guy and the guy who works there. It hurt much but i was sure i had busted my head. instead of checking for blood which would have someone come over for sure if they had seen the stupidity i did i did another set. Then i went over to the water fountain and drank water for a whole minute so if anyone saw me going to the locker room they'd figure i was going to take a piss but i actually went to check if i was bleeding. i wasn't bleeding. Lucky me.

LOL...I've done that too.... :P

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2006, 12:20:16 PM »
AHAHAH!!!  You guys are fuggin stupid AHAAHAH!!!

I've done it too.

lol!  you stupid fucker! ;D
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2006, 01:11:51 PM »
I don't let this stuff get to me - after all, I'm sure I did half of it when I was younger and trying to be the next Dorian Yates. You can't hold a grudge against these people if they don't know better.

There's just no excuse though for using a squat rack for bicep curls when people are waiting to do squats.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2006, 01:33:55 PM »
No really I have shitty genetics for arms.

they look like Milos's

Well we all know what Milos did to fix that !!!
L

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »
Real things I saw training & working at Gold's Venice:

4) Pro bodybuilder (no name to protect the stupid) who fell asleep on the threadmill while taking too much nubain.

I'd be willing to bet it was Tom Prince, I've heard similiar stories about him doing this when he lived in S.Fla

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2006, 02:05:39 PM »
Then there was the time I joined a new gym & was at the juice bar getting a shake & this little weasle looking guys asked the common question, How much you benchin?" I told him & not really caring but trying to be nice asked him the same to which he replied, "4 plates for reps every chest work-out". Ok, whatever& left .Seen him again 2-3 days later & he did do 4 plates for 3 reps, 4-25lbs plates on each side for 3 reps. I was very impressed, to say the least.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2006, 02:11:32 PM »
Hey guys, I got one. Just the other day, I saw some older guy in the squat rack. He had 35's on, and WAS FUCKING YELLING AT THE TOP OF HIS VOICE EACH REP. That was pretty gay.

Oh, and again, the other day, at the hack squat machine, this guy who thought he was a stud was doing 3 plates a side with particularly bad form, and after a set of about 5-6 reps he yelled and stepped off the machine and strutted his skinny ass all over the place. I almost went over and put another 5 a side and did a set, just to shut him the fuck up.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
I saw this guy at the rich people gym where I used to train.. and the guy was picking his nose all the time. People where looking at him and he kept on doing it. So I went up to him and told him to stop picking his nose. He sorta laughs embarassed then I gave him a dead stare in the eyes and said: "Seriously!" Needless to say he stopped after that.  :)
just push some weight!

Ryu717

• Getbig II
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2006, 08:41:51 AM »
There is a guy in the gym I go to that I call Aqua Man. He has Sport Gogles on , wearing a dew rag , then elbow supports (black  polyurethane )  then black knee supports, and wears a tight wicking t shirt , and bicycle shorts. I just laugh my ass off !

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »
There is a guy in the gym I go to that I call Aqua Man. He has Sport Gogles on , wearing a dew rag , then elbow supports (black  polyurethane )  then black knee supports, and wears a tight wicking t shirt , and bicycle shorts. I just laugh my ass off !

Is he a cyclist? ???

FatGuy

• Getbig II
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2006, 08:55:05 AM »

I remember when I first joined the Military they issued me some sport goggles...I used to wear them to the gym to play B-ball... looking back what a geek.....LOL

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2006, 08:56:29 AM »
it had to be me snapping amillion pictures of federov training at our gym,that must have been comical,hell with it at least i got abunch of pics for my photo albums and to put up on these boards so federov fans can see them ;)
R

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2006, 09:13:53 AM »
I recently saw one of the most "fruity " looking guys EVER in a gym training.
He was about 60, pale skin, rather skinny , avg ht. He had on designer  jeans and a designer long sleeve sweat shirt-sweater kind of shirt with these "yaht club emblem" white sneakers.
What really topped it off was this scarf he had around his neck , like an ascot . The scarf really looked so fruity and watching him "train" with his personal trainer was priceless.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

FatGuy

• Getbig II
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2006, 09:20:39 AM »
The other day this skinny guy probably 11 inch arms was doing preacher curls with the e-z bar with 45's on each side...he would go down without bending his elbows his ass would come completely off the seat...then he added more weight...WTF?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2006, 09:22:45 AM »
The other day this skinny guy probably 11 inch arms was doing preacher curls with the e-z bar with 45's on each side...he would go down without bending his elbows his ass would come completely off the seat...then he added more weight...WTF?

But how else can he PREVENT his 11" pipes from growing????

Did he have on a fruity looking little ascot scarf?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

FatGuy

• Getbig II
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2006, 09:25:38 AM »
But how else can he PREVENT his 11" pipes from growing????

Did he have on a fruity looking little ascot scarf?

LOL...No, heavy metal T-shirt and Combat boots....