Author Topic: Fasting Prior to Blood Work-NONSENSE!!!!!!  (Read 572 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Fasting Prior to Blood Work-NONSENSE!!!!!!
« on: May 01, 2024, 03:32:39 AM »
I would like some insight please on this.

I know doctors always rant about how you need to fast before blood work.

Well I think it’s a load of nonsense. I had blood work recently and I drank and had a small snack prior and my results were absolutely fine.

What is the point of fasting prior? If blood work is supposed to tell us the condition of our blood sugar, cholesterol, lipids, etc, etc…why wouldn’t we get blood work under normal conditions of when we have just eaten and drank a bit before? The world doesn’t walk around fasted all day. We have food in our stomachs. So why when we are giving blood, why are we testing and doing this when we’re in an abnormal state? And what about the days and weeks and months prior to this little pre blood work fasting?? You’re telling me just not eating for a few hours will take care of the months and days prior?? I’m not buying it.

Wouldn’t we want food and drink in our system so the doctors can see how our body processes food/carbs/sugars? If we’re healthy, and we eat a big meal, our body should be able to handle it. Shouldn’t the pre test instructions be to eat a small meal of high glycemic carbs and drink juice to see how our body processes the sugars?

And what about the nonsense of not stopping blood pressure meds cold turkey? That you have to gradually stop them? So what happens if a shortage happens and there is no more blood pressure medicine available? What if the blood pressure medicine factory’s production machines break and all the pills can’t be obtained anymore? Will all the people on blood pressure meds suddenly drop dead? Why haven’t I ever heard of anyone having horrifying results from stopping the blood pressure meds? How do we even know there is actually medicine in those capsules?
w

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Fasting Prior to Blood Work-NONSENSE!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 04:05:59 AM »
I would like some insight please on this.

I know doctors always rant about how you need to fast before blood work.

Well I think it’s a load of nonsense. I had blood work recently and I drank and had a small snack prior and my results were absolutely fine.

What is the point of fasting prior? If blood work is supposed to tell us the condition of our blood sugar, cholesterol, lipids, etc, etc…why wouldn’t we get blood work under normal conditions of when we have just eaten and drank a bit before? The world doesn’t walk around fasted all day. We have food in our stomachs. So why when we are giving blood, why are we testing and doing this when we’re in an abnormal state? And what about the days and weeks and months prior to this little pre blood work fasting?? You’re telling me just not eating for a few hours will take care of the months and days prior?? I’m not buying it.

Wouldn’t we want food and drink in our system so the doctors can see how our body processes food/carbs/sugars? If we’re healthy, and we eat a big meal, our body should be able to handle it. Shouldn’t the pre test instructions be to eat a small meal of high glycemic carbs and drink juice to see how our body processes the sugars?

And what about the nonsense of not stopping blood pressure meds cold turkey? That you have to gradually stop them? So what happens if a shortage happens and there is no more blood pressure medicine available? What if the blood pressure medicine factory’s production machines break and all the pills can’t be obtained anymore? Will all the people on blood pressure meds suddenly drop dead? Why haven’t I ever heard of anyone having horrifying results from stopping the blood pressure meds? How do we even know there is actually medicine in those capsules?

Do you eat whilst you're sleeping? Think about it for a moment what conditions they might be trying to replicate ....

If you need a clue..break/fast is typically the first meal of the day

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 04:32:39 AM »
I think maybe "mainly" for blood-sugar readings??
Many people are borderline, so drinking/eating may spikes there's and cause re-test.
Just a guess of course...

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 04:41:01 AM »
Brian will know for sure, just wait for him to post

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 04:45:34 AM »
I think maybe "mainly" for blood-sugar readings??
Many people are borderline, so drinking/eating may spikes there's and cause re-test.
Just a guess of course...

This

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 10:56:39 AM »
Do you eat whilst you're sleeping? Think about it for a moment what conditions they might be trying to replicate ....

If you need a clue..break/fast is typically the first meal of the day
who cares about how my body is when I’m sleeping? I could care less. I want to know what happens when I eat carbs-like a stack of pancakes and drink orange juice. That is much more important to know how my body handles the sugars. I ate and drank prior to blood work and everything was fine. It makes no difference. Why are we not testing our bodies under normal every day situations?
w

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 12:20:18 PM »
Nobody knows your body better than you.  I wouldn’t listen to those doctors and scientists.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 12:59:16 PM »
Team full belly bloodwork

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 01:49:26 PM »
who cares about how my body is when I’m sleeping? I could care less. I want to know what happens when I eat carbs-like a stack of pancakes and drink orange juice. That is much more important to know how my body handles the sugars. I ate and drank prior to blood work and everything was fine. It makes no difference. Why are we not testing our bodies under normal every day situations?

Get a Dexcom B-G monitor and a Glooko account - the dashboard is insane.  It's a few $$ but it's like looking inside your pancreas LOL

I don't understand why all these Pro's don't do this if they are going to fuck with insulin TBH

T

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 02:00:02 PM »
Fast for only two hours prior to the blood draw for a realistic picture of your health.
T

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2024, 03:05:37 PM »
My doc says it doesn’t matter. He says there’s been studies on it but who knows.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2024, 01:37:49 AM »
Interesting. Thank you thank you for the suggestions and responses. Much appreciated.
w