Author Topic: Obama's first month  (Read 674 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama's first month
« on: February 04, 2009, 04:00:26 PM »
India

India has warned US President Barack Obama that he risks “barking up the wrong tree” if he seeks to broker a settlement between Pakistan and India over the disputed territory of Kashmir.

MK Narayanan, India’s national security advisor, said that the new US administration was in danger of dredging up out of date Clinton administration-era strategies in a bid to bring about improved ties between the two nuclear armed neighbours.

North Korea

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea's apparent preparations for a ballistic missile test, reportedly detected by South Korean officials monitoring a train headed to a launch site, appear to be the country's latest attempt to get President Barack Obama's attention.

A South Korean official on Tuesday confirmed the preparations, first reported by Japanese and South Korean media citing sources as saying the missile had the potential to reach the western United States.

"There are signs North Korea is preparing for a missile launch," the intelligence official told The Associated Press. He declined to give further details and spoke on condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the issue.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Robert Wood said any North Korean ballistic missile launch would be "unhelpful and, frankly, provocative" as the U.S. and others work to persuade the North to scrap its atomic weapons.

Iran

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran Tuesday successfully launched its first satellite into orbit, a step hailed by Iran's president as a "source of pride" for the Islamic republic, according to state-run news outlets.

Pakistan

Pakistan has condemned the violations of its territory and argues that the   attacks fuel anger towards the US and undermines the government's own   efforts to garner people's support for the campaign against militancy.

Afghanistan

The U.S.-led coalition said Saturday that it would investigate allegations of civilian deaths during a battle in western Afghanistan.

Afghanistan's Ministry of Interior says that 76 civilians were killed in strikes in the Shindand district of Herat province. U.S. coalition officials say that Thursday's strikes killed 30 militants, including a Taliban leader.

On Saturday, President Hamid Karzai condemned the U.S. operation and said it hadn't been coordinated with local security officials in Azizabad village. Karzai said in a statement that "at least 70 innocent civilians, most of them women and children" were killed.

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Obama's first month
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »
Man these people are just flocking to get on the Hope & Change train aren't they? Good Job Barry. Its not all his fault but since it would all have been Bushs'.....Good Job Barry. And I'll lump in the 42 people that died in Kentucky because of the ice storm.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
On 9/11, President Bush learned of disaster while reading “The Pet Goat” to grade-school kids. On Tuesday, President Obama escaped from disaster by reading “The Moon Over Star” to grade-school kids.

“We were just tired of being in the White House,” the two-week-old president, with Michelle at his side, explained to students at a public charter school near the White House.

Great..I bet Bush was sick of the White House after 911 or Kennedy....or FDR...or Truman...or Lincoln.....Wake up libs ur President is a fraud. Good job Barry.
L

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 04:45:34 PM »
I'd rather get sucker punched by Mike Tyson than be stuck in an elevator with you for 5 minutes.
DAWG

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »
No offence, but the Iranian satellite must have taken longer time than 1 month to plan, design, finance, build and launch?

Still, it happened during Obama's "watch".

What do you think he should have done?

Remember, many countries launches satellites from their own launch sites, eg Sweden.
As empty as paradise

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »
I'd rather get sucker punched by Mike Tyson than be stuck in an elevator with you for 5 minutes.

;D!!!!

HH6 posts cause me much annoyance, but somehow I think he may be okay to have a beer with IRL.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
No offence, but the Iranian satellite must have taken longer time than 1 month to plan, design, finance, build and launch?

Still, it happened during Obama's "watch".

VERY GOOD POINT!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 06:26:49 PM »
MS said today that Obama and Russia are in talks for the USA to get rid of 80% of our nuclear weapons.

He said it was in the London Times.  I have to look it up.