Author Topic: What is the best MRP??  (Read 3778 times)

Mick33

• Getbig III
What is the best MRP??
« on: March 16, 2007, 11:20:17 AM »
I eat four solid meals a day, but trying to eat lunch is almost impossible, so I am going to get an MRP. I never bought them so I need some tried and trusted opinions. Thanks

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What is the best MRP??
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:05:34 PM »
I eat four solid meals a day, but trying to eat lunch is almost impossible, so I am going to get an MRP. I never bought them so I need some tried and trusted opinions. Thanks

I'd go with one of the three Ms: Myoplex, MET-Rx, or Meso-Tech.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 05:17:34 AM »
try low fat milk mixed with grinded oatmeal, sweetener or honey. If you want more protein in it, mix in some BCAA powder or protein powder.

Way cheaper than MRP.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 07:28:14 AM »
try low fat milk mixed with grinded oatmeal, sweetener or honey. If you want more protein in it, mix in some BCAA powder or protein powder.

Way cheaper than MRP.

Fuck the $ I am not gonna spend the time I don't have mixing grass and honey. Stick to the topic. >:(

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:38:13 AM »
Just ask your local GNC.  I'm sure they'll have all the info on different brands for you.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 06:43:23 AM »
Don't waster your money at GNC!!!  And don't waster your time asking for advice from the dipshits that work there!!!

I've been using Instone's Performance Intake lately and find it quite good.  It's got only got 14 carbs, 7 of which of fiber, as well as some healthy fats & CLA.  I limit my carb intake during the week, so this is a perfect choice for me.  It also blends up nice and thick, kind of like Myoplex, so it actually fills you up a bit.

My favorite MRP of all time though, was Sportpharma's Nutriforce!!!  Mix that baby with 15 oz. of skim milk and it tasted like a milkshake and it already had 5 grams of creatine in it!  That was years ago, but I'm still bitter that they stopped making it!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 07:50:25 AM »
VPX Miscellean chocolate is so damn tasty, high fiber, vitamins and protein.  Labrada Lean Body is great as well.  Met RX is shit.

Savatage

• Getbig II
  • Sitting in silent lucidity
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 12:57:39 PM »
Always been a fan of Labrada's MRP's--nice solid meal replacement.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »
Always been a fan of Labrada's MRP's--nice solid meal replacement.

can't find those in canada....they look pretty good. wonder if they'd send me a sample
Go Big Red!!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 01:55:36 AM »
Try Met-Rx. That's what I use.
HAHA, RON.....

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 05:47:41 AM »
myoplex...n the bars!!!!!!

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 09:58:42 AM »
Last week I went with Myoplex. Thanks for the help. ;)

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 07:54:44 AM »
Don't waster your money at GNC!!!  And don't waster your time asking for advice from the dipshits that work there!!!

I've been using Instone's Performance Intake lately and find it quite good.  It's got only got 14 carbs, 7 of which of fiber, as well as some healthy fats & CLA.  I limit my carb intake during the week, so this is a perfect choice for me.  It also blends up nice and thick, kind of like Myoplex, so it actually fills you up a bit.

My favorite MRP of all time though, was Sportpharma's Nutriforce!!!  Mix that baby with 15 oz. of skim milk and it tasted like a milkshake and it already had 5 grams of creatine in it!  That was years ago, but I'm still bitter that they stopped making it!

Shortly after I wrote this nice review of Instone's Intake Performance, I found out that they've stopped making it!!!  F#CK!!!  Kind of ironic after what I just mentioned about the NutriForce!

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 05:26:25 PM »
Do you guys still take MRP's even when dieting?   Just curious...

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 04:42:28 AM »
When does everyone take them and any mass shakes?  I was thinking of waking up at the middle of the night (if Im up to piss) and slamming a muscle milk.....alrady have a thick casein, egg white shake witha ton of almonds prebed.......but I usually wak a few hours hungrier than piss.......I have a full box of myoplex, but they have over 20g of carbs...not sure ths is what we want at midnight....anyone use any bars on too of their meals?

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 08:40:08 AM »
You sure don't want muscle milk at midnight either.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »
and...................why

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 10:44:44 AM »
they are all crap
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 11:01:01 AM »
At one time......yes, ingredients now a day are 100000x better.....

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 01:31:44 PM »
they are all crap

Drinking an MRP is 100% better than skipping a meal.  They are also a good way to keep your calories in check, because you know exactly what you're getting (if it's a reputable brand of course).

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 01:32:40 PM »
Most Myoplex and similar blends have thickening agents and use a high % of malto-dextrin for the carb source. I think Myoplex has a new version out now though that cut out the malto.

Look up Ergopharm's Mass Meal -- this is by far the best meal replacement I've tried. Fat sources are enova oil and other MCT's, carb source is primarily brown rice powder, and protein is a blend. Taste wise is awesome and its as thin as a regular whey + water shake.

Word to the wise though, by your MRP's if they come in a canister, individual packets are what make most of those on the market $2-3+ per serving.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »
Most Myoplex and similar blends have thickening agents and use a high % of malto-dextrin for the carb source. I think Myoplex has a new version out now though that cut out the malto.

Look up Ergopharm's Mass Meal -- this is by far the best meal replacement I've tried. Fat sources are enova oil and other MCT's, carb source is primarily brown rice powder, and protein is a blend. Taste wise is awesome and its as thin as a regular whey + water shake.

Word to the wise though, by your MRP's if they come in a canister, individual packets are what make most of those on the market $2-3+ per serving.

I want my MRP to be thick!  Otherwise I digest it within a half hour and I'm hungry again.  You want it to "replace a meal".  If you're hungry 30 minutes later, it didn't really do its job!

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 02:37:39 PM »
myoplex!!!!!!!1

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 05:46:31 PM »
I want my MRP to be thick!  Otherwise I digest it within a half hour and I'm hungry again.  You want it to "replace a meal".  If you're hungry 30 minutes later, it didn't really do its job!

There's naturally occuring fiber in Mass Meal from the brown rice, plus Malto dextrin will have more of an effect on insulin levels and can leave you hungrier. I see your point though, I've just preferred the thinner shakes recently, if you're blood sugar is stabilized you shouldn't feel hungry either way. I used to use 2 packs of met-rx at a time for post workout when I was bulking like crazy back in the day. It worked but it took about 48 oz of water and 30-40 minutes to drink! I guess it turned me onto preferring thinner shakes.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »
Labrada and AST nitro 40.