Author Topic: LA's Battle for Venice Beach: Homeless Surge Puts Hollywood's Progressive Ideals  (Read 2689 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/las-homeless-surge-puts-hollywoods-progressive-ideals-test-1174599

"With swelling transient encampments abutting seven-figure homes, the beachside enclave has emerged as a flashpoint for the inequality shaping Los Angeles — and a real-world test case for the liberal ideology of the area’s showbiz residents."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Funny how the most glaring examples of inequality are in the most liberal areas of the country🤔 Could it be that their ideas and policies are misguided?

A Bay Area New Year’s resolution: fixing the homelessness crisis

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/A-Bay-Area-New-Year-s-resolution-fixing-the-13500968.php

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Funny how the most glaring examples of inequality are in the most liberal areas of the country🤔 Could it be that their ideas and policies are misguided?

A Bay Area New Year’s resolution: fixing the homelessness crisis

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/A-Bay-Area-New-Year-s-resolution-fixing-the-13500968.php

White leftists hate minorities and the homeless and want nothing to do with them.  All their public bs and mamby pamby nonsense is just virtue signaling. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/las-homeless-surge-puts-hollywoods-progressive-ideals-test-1174599

"With swelling transient encampments abutting seven-figure homes, the beachside enclave has emerged as a flashpoint for the inequality shaping Los Angeles — and a real-world test case for the liberal ideology of the area’s showbiz residents."

I'm down in Venice about once a week and we are also a sponsor of the Muscle Beach Championship contests from May-Sept and the boardwalk is literally a shithole, it's really sad. It's worse now than was 30+ years ago. It's really bad.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I'm down in Venice about once a week and we are also a sponsor of the Muscle Beach Championship contests from May-Sept and the boardwalk is literally a shithole, it's really sad. It's worse now than was 30+ years ago. It's really bad.

How can that be?  Baygbm was on here not long ago touting what a great job Jerry Brown did for California. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
How can that be?  Baygbm was on here not long ago touting what a great job Jerry Brown did for California. 

I dunno, maybe for Bay it’s cleaner in the Castro district of SF.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Brown has fucked this state up and Newscum is taking his fucktardation and speeding straight ahead into commiefornia with it.
Bunch of assholes.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Coach next time you are down there, pull out your phone and take pics. It's not that I doubt what you say, it's just that sometimes people have a negative filter and see what they want to see.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Coach next time you are down there, pull out your phone and take pics. It's not that I doubt what you say, it's just that sometimes people have a negative filter and see what they want to see.   

I had actually shot a quick video last May of part of the boardwalk by the weight pen but deleted it when was cleaning out video and pics from my phone. I’ll be down there again probably on Sunday then when I start my contest prep in a few weeks I’ll be there about 3-4 times a week.

But back when I shot that vid in May, it literally reminded me of the streets of Tijuana with the filth. But their homeless situation is out of control

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

I guess people in San Francisco are imagining all the human shit on the sidewalk.

It’s no laughing matter — SF forming Poop Patrol to keep sidewalks clean

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/heatherknight/article/It-s-no-laughing-matter-SF-forming-Poop-13153517.php

Poop. Needles. Rats. Homeless camp pushes SF neighborhood to the edge - San Francisco Chronicle

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Neighbors-disgusted-over-despair-on-block-hit-13015964.php

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...

As a rule of thumb, I generally question the judgement of a man who uses his butt hole as a vagina.
S

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
As a rule of thumb, I generally question the judgement of a man who uses his butt hole as a vagina.
I thought you died ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Not me.  I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms with consenting adults. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.

I was in Venice Beach a month ago and it’s as bad as you say it is
I was quite taken aback how many rough / homelessness there were.
Tents & people sleeping on the beach right across from beach front
Property 15/20 ft away. Some of the little side roads / alleys strewn
With rubbish & looking very shabby.
And this was during the day !!!
Let alone what it’s like at night.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I was in Venice Beach a month ago and it’s as bad as you say it is
I was quite taken aback how many rough / homelessness there were.
Tents & people sleeping on the beach right across from beach front
Property 15/20 ft away. Some of the little side roads / alleys strewn
With rubbish & looing very shabby.
And this was during the day !!!
Let alone what it’s like at night.

I can only imagine what it’s like at night and I have no desire to find out

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

I recall your saying that living in Austin you became immune to seeing homeless. Would that indicate that there is a homelessness problem in that liberal enclave as well?