Author Topic: High red blood cell count from test.  (Read 877 times)

Custom_Built

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
High red blood cell count from test.
« on: August 20, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »
I get blood work done every month. I have done many cycles, I'm 56, working out, eating good, and I have gotten test cyp from my doctor for HRT. I'm doing 200mg a week, I know not very much, but I'm trying to do what he says. He has known  about all my cycles I've done in the past. Now, I've got a high red blood cell count. it's 19. 5 years it was 21 and they had to drian 500 units of blood every week until it came down.

I guess what my question is, is there anything that I can do to lower it? and has this happened to anybidy and what was done?

Thanks
Coustom Built

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: High red blood cell count from test.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:50:49 PM »
Yes, it has happened to me...

If you are not on finesteride (proscar), go donate blood...
If you are on Proscar, you are precluded from donating blood.  (Beacause it could be disastrous if the blood were given to a pregnant woman.)

In the case of the later, have your doctor write a prescription for a therapeutic phlebotomy.
Take it to your local blood center and for a fee, will drain you to the prescribed level.
It will cost you around 25 to 50 dollars.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: High red blood cell count from test.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »
im wondering if red blood cell count goes back to normal after a cycle is done?is having a higher then normal rbc bad for you if its only for afew months at a time?
R