Author Topic: Anthony Weiner goes on Faux & Fiends and calls out GOP lies, smacks Lieberman  (Read 1431 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
so you agree with the McClatchy poll that we should start over and include EVEN MORE Reform.    You caught that point right?

No matter what happens, the individual mandate to purchase private insurance from private corporations under penalty of fine and mandate enforced by the IRS needs to go. 

That is so over-the-top its not even funny. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
No matter what happens, the individual mandate to purchase private insurance from private corporations under penalty of fine and mandate enforced by the IRS needs to go. 

That is so over-the-top its not even funny. 

I agree in part with your statement.  I think everyone should be required to purchase insurance (and I believe the current proposal also has subsidies for people who can't afford it) because that's the only way to spread the risk over a large pool and keep the costs down.  I think it should be changed to either a private insurer or a public option type of insurer (aka Medicare)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I agree in part with your statement.  I think everyone should be required to purchase insurance (and I believe the current proposal also has subsidies for people who can't afford it) because that's the only way to spread the risk over a large pool and keep the costs down.  I think it should be changed to either a private insurer or a public option type of insurer (aka Medicare)

Cause its working out great in Mass.  ::)  ::)

I should not be required to by squat that I dont want. 

The govt has absolutely no freaking business requiring me to purchase anything like this.  Its complete authoritarian crap. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Cause its working out great in Mass.  ::)  ::)

I should not be required to by squat that I dont want. 

The govt has absolutely no freaking business requiring me to purchase anything like this.  Its complete authoritarian crap. 

I'd be fine with that if you were then required to opt out of any public assistance of any kind including emergency room treatment

If you don't have the money to pay at the time service is rendered then you get no service ......period

the only way to actually keep costs low is to have the largest possible pool of people, especially healthly people.   That's how insurance works.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'd be fine with that if you were then required to opt out of any public assistance of any kind including emergency room treatment

If you don't have the money to pay at the time service is rendered then you get no service ......period

the only way to actually keep costs low is to have the largest possible pool of people, especially healthly people.   That's how insurance works.

Why cant I have the choice to pay for it out  my own pocket? 

I know how insurance works, thank you. 

However, the govt already dictates enough of my income without now having a say in this crap as well.  Its big brother, big sis, nanny state, et al all rolled in to one. 

I dont want subsidies BTW - I want the govt to leave me the hell alone and have choices.

I thought you libs were all about being "pro-choice".

What about my choice not to purchase a product from a private corporate that the government tells me to?  Dont you think I should have that CHOICE? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Why cant I have the choice to pay for it out  my own pocket? 

I know how insurance works, thank you. 

However, the govt already dictates enough of my income without now having a say in this crap as well.  Its big brother, big sis, nanny state, et al all rolled in to one. 

I dont want subsidies BTW - I want the govt to leave me the hell alone and have choices.

I thought you libs were all about being "pro-choice".

What about my choice not to purchase a product from a private corporate that the government tells me to?  Dont you think I should have that CHOICE? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

That's not true!  EMTALA forbids that and you know that.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
That's not true!  EMTALA forbids that and you know that.   
yes, it's obviously not practical, feasible or ethical but the problem is that you have people who can't afford insurance or who refuse to pay for it who then come to the emergency room with an acute medical need that could have been prevented or treated at an earlier had that person either chose to pay for insurance or chose to pay for their own medical care and maintenance.   

Emergency room care is much more expensive than regular care and health maintenance

When those people come to the emergency room they are now requiring you and me and the rest of us to pay for them.

Most likely these are the same people simply won't pay the emergency room bill when they receive it

We can't let deadbeats refuse to join the system and then expect us to pay of them later

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
yes, it's obviously not practical, feasible or ethical but the problem is that you have people who can't afford insurance or who refuse to pay for it who then come to the emergency room with an acute medical need that could have been prevented or treated at an earlier had that person either chose to pay for insurance or chose to pay for their own medical care and maintenance.   

Emergency room care is much more expensive than regular care and health maintenance

When those people come to the emergency room they are now requiring you and me and the rest of us to pay for them.

Most likely these are the same people simply won't pay the emergency room bill when they receive it

We can't let deadbeats refuse to join the system and then expect us to pay of them later

And guess who most of those people are Straw?  Illegal aliens!

There are probably 10 m illion people that really are at issue and we do not have to spent 1 Trillion dollars over 10 years, upset the policies of 85% of people, impost all sorts of crazy new taxes, to deal with that.