Author Topic: John Sherman " the sherman tank "  (Read 28846 times)

Stavios

Re: John Sherman " the sherman tank "
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2006, 12:26:50 PM »
that would imply that you can't look good training naturally

you can look good but you can't be "big" naturally

now the word "big" is relative so if for you being 200 at 12% bf is big, yes you can be "big" naturally

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »
you can look good but you can't be "big" naturally

now the word "big" is relative so if for you being 200 at 12% bf is big, yes you can be "big" naturally

200lbs/12bf is not big....

but here is one pic under 200 that looks great
Here comes the money shot

Stavios

« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »

comparing normal humans with Phil is ridiculous  ;D

My muscles wouldn't even look that round if I was 230 onstage

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »
comparing normal humans with Phil is ridiculous  ;D

My muscles wouldn't even look that round if I was 230 onstage

lol, fair enough

and I hear that he only drinks water, honey and milk. Does do any cardio and doesn't lift weights.  He walked onstage after waking up and won :)

post a pic, I am curious to see who I am talking to...it does say competitor under your name

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »
John, with all due respect. I am going to ask this question delicately.  You say that you are about the same size, I would assume that you kept using the "supplements". Why use "creatine" if you are not competing?

also since the IFBB has no love for the aesthetic builds would you consider the PDI?
In reply to your assumption, I have to say that you are INCORRECT.  I have been training for 23 years, so, what I have is not going anywhere.  I never really relied on much GEAR anyway.  I wouldn't say that I was NAtural by any means when I competed, but, use was minimal@ best.  I'm sure the EXPERTS on here will disagree. No reason to be dishonest though. Now, If I was to pull out my chem. set, we never know what might happen at this stage of the game 

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2006, 02:14:56 PM »
John, with all due respect. I am going to ask this question delicately.  You say that you are about the same size, I would assume that you kept using the "supplements". Why use "creatine" if you are not competing?

also since the IFBB has no love for the aesthetic builds would you consider the PDI?
Where are you guys getting this information that the IFBB has no love for symmetrical athletes..?  Dexter, Dareem, David Henry, Shawn(in his day) Ronny R.(Australia)etc...  These guys had no chance years back, but now, they are winning shows.  Maybe not the Olympia yet, but, at least they are  winning shows or being given a look.  It's just a matter of time.....be patient.  You guys may not like Shawn for whatever reason, but, if it were not for him and Lee Labrada, the lighter athletes would have never had any chance whatsoever   

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2006, 02:17:03 PM »
hey John didn't i read somewhere that you were in some kind of car accident awhile back?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2006, 02:22:25 PM »
hey John didn't i read somewhere that you were in some kind of car accident awhile back?
Yeah, I seem to DIE every year around the time that I promote my contest.  Some sick JOKER insist on putting that out there.  That rumor got all the way up to Jim Manion who called me to make sure that I was okay.   

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »
Yeah, I seem to DIE every year around the time that I promote my contest.  Some sick JOKER insist on putting that out there.  That rumor got all the way up to Jim Manion who called me to make sure that I was okay.   
hahahaha, yeah dude when i saw that you were on here i was like, i thought i read somewhere that he died in a car accident, glad to see you're OK, awesome physique, one of the best ever IMO.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »
John, I was referring to the obviously "touched up" picture you posted as the "best double bi ever." The picture I posted shows a true representation of that pose for you, and not a morphed image. That's what I meant by closer to reality. The "sorry" comment was just me teasing you about posting a morphed pic.  ;)
Sorry homie, that pic wasn't morphed.  Since you know lots of people, contact Mitsuri O.  He was the photographer that took that shot.  There was one spot left on my haters list(Spot has just been filled by Sean Maloney) .......  ;) Since you and Joe are so close, The man himself will assure you that the pic that was posted was not morphed.  I gave you too much credit
much too fast I see.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »
Sorry homie, that pic wasn't morphed.  Since you know lots of people, contact Mitsuri O.  He was the photographer that took that shot.  There was one spot left on my haters list(Spot has just been filled by Sean Maloney) .......  ;) Since you and Joe are so close, The man himself will assure you that the pic that was posted was not morphed.  I gave you too much credit
much too fast I see.

Sorry John but Getbig's very own IFBB Mr Canada 1970 Vince Basile (the Steve Reeves of the '70s) has you beat there in the front double bi... ;D
Team Goodrum!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2006, 07:02:39 PM »
The legendary Vince Goodrum also looks awesome... ;D
Team Goodrum!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2006, 07:15:40 PM »

Phil = :o
Team Goodrum!

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2006, 07:34:09 PM »
The legendary Vince Goodrum also looks awesome... ;D
You guys are hilarious!!!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2006, 08:00:49 PM »
Actually, I believe it may have been the other way around regaring the credit allowance. Trace back and you'll see nothing but positives thrown at you from me, along with my attempt to keep the facts straight regarding the topics we've covered.

is this you Sean?

http://www.mostmuscular.com/features/seanmalowney/seanmalowney.html

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »
Sick!!!!!!!!!
This picture of John Sherman is what bodybuilding is all about. Great size and a small, tight waist.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2009, 10:19:46 AM »
Great theory, but, that wasn't it......Food poisoining was the culprit that day.  Had withdraw from that show.  Your theory does make sense though.

HAHA how many pros use the excuse of being sick because they come in off.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
Yeah, but he's only 5'5 :-X

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »
Yeah, but he's only 5'5 :-X

Bumping a 3 year old thread?    Jackass.  ::)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2009, 12:57:55 AM »
i met john at daimond gym in the mid 90,s and hes a really cool guy,laid back and nice to everyone.he looked insane the day i saw him,unreal build with quads that where out of this world
R